open china market - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers

Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers Discuss Dropshipping on/off eBay, Amazon, Shopify, Etsy and other platforms.

Old 07-31-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: open china market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
I know they "burn" blu rays but I have never come across a replicated blu ray, one with the silver back.
Never researched this myself - shrug
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-31-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by invince View Post
In China a lot of people pay for middlemen to buy things overseas on their behalf, because those brands are not available in China, or it's much more expensive in China.

Most important of all, they're afraid of getting ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products in China.
I agree with this. The only way I can see someone breaking into the market in China is to have a huge budget. Chinese people want some quality products that are harder to come like phones we have in the west and other branded items that are largely ⊗⊗⊗⊗d.

I think a market exists for quality products, but you would need a huge budget and permission from the brands to set up something like that. A guy on youtube has set his own business up in China, which offers quality motorbike components, builds and customisation. Everyone else around him sells cheap parts for low prices, but they break easily and aren't of the same quality. He actually has a place in the market.

China is lacking quality products like phones, tablets, motorbikes and cars. I can't really see how anyone outside of China can do anything like this, shipping prices are very high and I don't know if they're reliable or safe as I have never shipped to China.
Old 08-07-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

There is demand,there is market.

Chinese is interested in US new releases tv show and lots of people like to watch blu rays here ,and also some people like to buy the authentic to enjoy their life,not all people like to buy the copies.
Old 08-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

"Buy low, Sell high and keep the goods moving"
The Following User Says Thank You to bananaappeal For This Useful Post:
Foreveryoung789 (09-23-2014)
Old 08-07-2014

Longevity: 60%

I was in mainland China last year, you can get Blu Ray DVDs in Chinese for about $3 a set. They are dubbed in Chinese, so they are no good for resale here in the USA. Very few people in mainland China speak English. What do Chinese people want? To come to the USA. They want to live like Americans. There is absolutely nothing we make here, except for food, that don't make better and cheaper. I did notice clothing was very expensive, My levis $44 us were $110 in Hong Kong. They were non existant in mainland China.

They love karaoke, and American music. If you have an idea related to karaoke, that you could sell them.

Of course they don't pay for intellectual property, so lyrics, or music is out.

My opinion of China was that they were like what I remember growing up in the 60's.
Factories everywhere, everyone was working, even the disabled. Everyone I met was either running a business, in the process of setting up a business.
Very little crime, virtually no police.

I left with no idea what we could sell them except natural resources.

What could you sell to Americans in the 50's and 60's? Maybe imported high end goods.
Old 08-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Of course stuff was expensive in HK. One of the wealthiest places on this planet...
Old 08-09-2014

Longevity: 78%

Wish I could sell my region 1 blu rays to a Chinese seller if there's a market. I have access to all the new releases such as Noah, Need for Speed, Divergent etc. But its hard to to turn that access into money online here in the US. Seller's sell so low that once you factor in ebay's fees you barely make a profit. If I was an authorized dealer on amazon I could make a decent profit but I have no idea how to get authorized.
Old 09-20-2014

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremogul888 View Post
One of the biggest problems with doing that it that while shipping from China is cheap, Shipping to china from the West is expensive.

China's success in selling to the US is mainly because of their ability to undercut, even with the cost of shipping, the cost of western made goods. For obvious reasons the US would not be successful in the strategy.

I think what you are suggesting is that western sellers go the premium route in China. The problem is China already has what China wants. China is not newly rich. It has been stocking premium western goods for a long time.
Yes and of course shipping from China is not just cheap it is state funded, where else in the world does that happen in a burgeoning and mass producing economy like China has!
Old 09-22-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Yes and of course shipping from China is not just cheap it is state funded, where else in the world does that happen in a burgeoning and mass producing economy like China has!
China's economy is getting better and better. If they continue such, nobody will stop them.
Old 09-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

If you can get safe tracking to China there is always something to sell them. Something they don't have but want. They are like all humans, they want a new sensation.
Some thing different to feel and fantasize about.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hercules For This Useful Post:
Foreveryoung789 (09-23-2014)
Old 09-23-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Yea, it's called iPhone 6. There were millions of them standing in line to peddle them back to China for 100x what they paid for it.
Old 09-23-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

I remember a while ago baby milk formula was in demand in china. Im pretty sure supermarkets over here.put a limit on the amount you could buy as people were shipping it to china for a tidy profit.
Old 09-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Yea, it's called iPhone 6. There were millions of them standing in line to peddle them back to China for 100x what they paid for it.
Yea, they are crazy for iPhone 6. Right now that is one of the best business ideas.
Old 12-18-2014

What can you import to China and make money?

Well here are 3 ideas that if you do next week will work.

1. Buy genuine LV handbags from an LV store in france - this is the cheapest place to buy LV. You can pick up a speedy for around 650 gbp and the same bag fetches 1100 gbp in China.

2. Protein powder in China is around 2-3 times more expensive than in the UK. I bring mine back to China from the UK for my own personal use. A PT in the gym i use imports it from the US and sells is online in China and to clients in our gym.

3. High end cars. With extremely high import duties on super cars if you have a friend in the right place you could really clean up importing high value cars into China. Think bentleys etc.

As pointed out above the iPhone is always an easy item to re-import back to china for a quick profit. I was at the main apple store in hong kong on release day of the 6 and crowds of Chinese sellers were outside buying handsets from people who had preordered them before reselling them in mainland China. Seems market price at that time was at least twice of the UK price.

So, no excuses then, off you go.....
The Following User Says Thank You to cass For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (12-19-2014)
Old 03-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

is somebody sell to China some high tech product,if this product good for selling make sure after several month later Chinese people will be copy it
Old 12-21-2015

Longevity: 54%
Thumbs up Re: open china market

AUSTRALIAN BRAND BABY Milk FORMULA is been in high demand for a long time. All the Chinese resellers are buying up everything and I mean EVERYTHING. The Supermarkets can not even keep up with the demand. Also Australian vitamin brands are selling out everywhere, some pharmacy don't even bother to sell to the public no more and now they just sell it directly to the Chinese resellers. I guess the consumers in China don't trust their own food products.

Baby formula: Selling to China leaves little left for Australian babies
The Following User Says Thank You to pegasus For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (12-21-2015)
Old 12-23-2015

Longevity: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedon View Post
Maybe people need to change the idea,not is import the goods from china,why not sell the goods to china?China have big big market for any nice products,chinese is get rich than ever and they are able to purchase more items now.

That's good idea .People import and export worldwide
Old 10-03-2016
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

A lot of chinese people get richer and they would like to invest money on their health,so that any health products would be a big welcome.
Old 03-22-2017

Longevity: 49%

I think small sellers should try to get them a Taobao acc first. Taobao is open to foreigners long time ago. on what to sell, I think is not what China can't make, is the quality China can't produce. those people afford to buy oversea, they are looking for better quality goods, meaning willing to pay higher price. for example, they pay 3-4 time of the price to imported dairy products, because the those products are mouth of worth, and safer. somehow you could guarantee the quality of the goods, I think it will be thrive in China. on the shipping size, you could try a company 4PX, alibaba currently invested in it. they specialized in cross-border shipping.
Old 04-09-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

BANGBANG,you gave a nice opinion
Old 04-15-2017

Longevity: 47%

There is something to sell ....ORIGINAL BRAND ITEMS - they are much more expensive in china for the custom taxes about 200%
So if you can ship ( and the shipping price doesnt play here ) original high level goods like LV,Dior ...GUERLAIN , expensive French wine ...
Just few problems :
- they must find your website
- and you have to declare like them lower price for the product for the chines custom
(don't know if its work for the chinese custom but why not )
I see here in Paris so many chinese spending their money like crasy for high level brand goods
Its not easy to set up but will work I think
Old 04-15-2017
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

It is not easy to go through china custom to ship the brand items