Chat with ebay customer support this morning. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 04-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Chat with ebay customer support this morning.

Hi all. Its been a while since I needed to chat with ebay customer support. The reason I had to was because my virtual phone number was not allowing me to type in any numbers (I know a fix for this by the way. You have to ring up your provider and tell them that you cant receive calls and they need to change your "carrier" signal. This will fix it)

Anyone I went through to the ebay customer support and was prepared with all my information to pass any "tough" challenges that they threw at me.

Here is the transcript:

Initial Question/Comment: ATO Known Good

11:18 System

Thank you for contacting eBay Account Security Live Help! Your feedback is important to us. Please take time at the end of this chat to fill out a brief survey letting us know how we did today.

11:19 System

Angie has joined this session!

Hello, thank you for contacting Identity Confirmation Live Help. My name is Angie M. I'll be happy to help you associate your computer with your eBay account today. Please give me a moment to review your account.

Customer P Jonns

Hello Angie

AgentAngie M.

While I'm checking your account, let me provide you with a brief explanation on why you were redirected to Live Help. Are you ready to proceed?

P Jonns

yes i am

AgentAngie

Thank you. eBay is now noting which computers members use to access their accounts in order to protect them from unauthorized access. Since your computer is still unrecognized by our system, we need to confirm your identity.

P Jonns

ok

AgentAngie M.

Thank you for waiting. Are you currently able to receive a call at the registered number we have on file, 075652*****?

P Jonns

yes i am

AgentAngie

Perfect. I will call you, please provide this code, hjk576. Also, I suggest to stay online with me here in chat for more information about your account.

P Jonns

what happened

AgentAngie
I have found enough information to verify that you are the true account owner. Before I add your computer in our system, allow me to remind you keep your contact information valid and up to date. By including a mobile phone as your secondary phone number, you can ensure that if you are ever listing away from home, you can complete verification in just a few minutes.

P Jonns

i got cut off?

P Jonns

ok thank you

P Jonns

the phone went dead
AgentAngie M.

That's fine. I've already verified you. That's for verification process only. I have added your computer to the list of trusted computers for your account, and you will no longer receive this block. You may now try to sign in and let's see if everything works properly on your account. Are you able to do that while I’m here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had all of my information to hand and was really excited about answering what I thought would be a barrage of questions.

However all the rep did was ask me to give her a security code and then hung up on me!

I thought "oh no what have I done?"

The verification is so simple a child could do it.

But I do know you will always get psyched up to answer the phone as you always think in the back of your mind that a difficult question will come.

Not so, it was so easy it was dissapointing!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NZT For This Useful Post:
stanislav (04-02-2011), ugly greasanova (04-12-2010)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

yes they normally assume you are real account holder, I prefer livehelp though..........

they sometimes if you are lucky wave you through if something is too much hassle, eg getting through to a number - give you benefit of the doubt eg. all they ask for is address and one other question eg. which number you registered with..........
Old 04-12-2010

Longevity: 85%

I've dealt with that code before about a year ago. That is why I believe It's good to change the phone number of an account you buy right when you buy it.
Old 04-12-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Yeah, it's nothing to worry about. EBay is pretty easy.
Old 04-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

It's paypal that's a b*tch
Old 03-26-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 75%

While researching virtual phone numbers, my main question is.........how much time, or how long will I need this virtual phone number for?

I assume it is needed for ebay & paypal verification one time each.....correct?
It, technically, will not be used for any other purpose, nor for any great length of time.

I just want to know how long (if there even is a set time line) I need to keep this number active, as it relates to a subscription cost from provider.

Thanks
Old 04-01-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

As a standard point, if you want your account to be always ready in case of phone verification, you should keep the number active for the entire life of account.

That being said, some people do a one up and done but if eb ay can't reach you, the account will likely be suspended...it's a risk vs. reward.