To what extent do the Flash Cookies track you? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-29-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Exclamation To what extent do the Flash Cookies track you?

I have just been permanently banned because of having multiple accounts. I never thought they would catch on to me. Here is my setup:
I am only using one eBay and one Paypal they are linked, I wiped all cookies and flash before making the accounts, I hacked my neighbors internet so I use there network and IP when on eBay and PayPal, when I'm not on eBay and PayPal I switch back to my own network which has a banned IP. I think that is how they got me, do ebay and paypal cookies track your IP when you are not on eBay and PayPal? Also I recently called paypal using my homephone which is linked to another paypal which is banned, but I dialed 1831 to block the number so it just says unknown caller? is there a way they could have caught onto me like that?

Or did I just get my neighbors paypal (if they have one) banned lol

Oh and another thing, is it ok for me to come onto forums like aspkin and blackhat while eBay and Paypal are open?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 87%

Hmmmm ?
Old 10-30-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydebest View Post
Oh and another thing, is it ok for me to come onto forums like aspkin and blackhat while eBay and Paypal are open?
i do it
not sure though..
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I surf these forums all the time while eb and pp are open - no problems.
Old 10-30-2011
Threadstarter  

ok good to know, but what about switching between banned and non-banned IP's without clearing cookies? Has anyone had experience with that?
Old 10-30-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Why are you hacking into your Neighbors Internet Connection?,,what with all of the Methods discussed on the the forum and in the stealth guide in reguards to getting IP addresses. Getting a New IP address is EASY. Now look at what you did,,Messed up your own account AND your Neighbors, (If they have one),,Now you come here looking for help,,do you Really expect to get some?
Old 10-30-2011

Longevity: 92%

to my knowledge you cannot "private name" an 800 number. that's probably how they got you.
Old 10-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Why are you hacking into your Neighbors Internet Connection?,,what with all of the Methods discussed on the the forum and in the stealth guide in reguards to getting IP addresses. Getting a New IP address is EASY. Now look at what you did,,Messed up your own account AND your Neighbors, (If they have one),,Now you come here looking for help,,do you Really expect to get some?

Firstly I have tried every method possible to change my IP address it just doesn't work, I have a dynamic IP but it never changes, trust me I tried every method (im with optus btw). Secondly even if I changed my IP, my mum uses paypal and ebay to sell clothes and other crap she doesn't want online (yes I live with my mum, but im 15 so its normal) so I would get linked with her account either way and we would both be banned (checked, every computer in the house has the same IP). Also im pretty sure my neighbors don't have PayPal, their pretty bogan and they dont look like the online type to me, I just said that as a joke. Also I checked out their IP and it tells me their provider is TPG, and all their broadband plans are 100GB+ so its not like im using up all their internet quota, I only their network for business. But now that both IP's are banned I am just going to buy a 3g modem and use that so I dont have to worry about IP crap anymore.
Old 10-31-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelas111 View Post
to my knowledge you cannot "private name" an 800 number. that's probably how they got you.
Im guessing you mean 1800 numbers, if so then I guess you are right, it really sucks, I was going to call them with the actual number on the account (which is my real mobile number) but then I remembered last time I called I got charged $20 on my phone bill because 1800 numbers are not included in my contract. Now PayPal gets to keep my $250 dollars for half a year :(
Old 11-03-2011

well, first you did't hack it, your neighbour just doesn't have a password...then, eb flashcookies can't see or read another flashcookies, say aspkin's flashcookies, so there's no way eb get to know you was here and even if it does they just don't care ))
all you need is to get things together and to stop doing that mess around
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by durdajan View Post
well, first you did't hack it, your neighbour just doesn't have a password...then, eb flashcookies can't see or read another flashcookies, say aspkin's flashcookies, so there's no way eb get to know you was here and even if it does they just don't care ))
all you need is to get things together and to stop doing that mess around
I dont mean to brag about it but I did hack into the internet, they have a password on it. Do you know if cookies monitor your IP when your not on the site?
Old 11-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydebest View Post
I dont mean to brag about it but I did hack into the internet, they have a password on it. Do you know if cookies monitor your IP when your not on the site?
I guess you mean here the following: "If I close eb site in my browser, change my IP and open some random site, will eb flashcookies find out what IP I have and what sites I'm visiting?"

if you mean this, well they can't, because they are not somekind of a living creature, right?)
the thing is, to keep it safe and not to make it hard for yourself, just creat a different PC user in your OS and use it for eb exclusevly!! or another way round, use a new PC user for other perposes rather than eb. don't mess it up!!

but I think even if you keep your eb open and even logged in in the browser and change your IP at the same time, and providing you don't touch eb opened page and sirf the net in new browser windows, nothing will happen. you have to press something on eb page to make it work.
Old 11-04-2011
Threadstarter  

ok thanks for your help, its nice to not have to worry about that anymore.