Wasted $25 0/0 vanilla gift cards options - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 09-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default Wasted $25 0/0 vanilla gift cards options

Recently at 0/0 I have a lot of gift cards, which were put into ebay and cannot be used anywhere else. What should I do with all the cards, if once you receive 0/0 - you have wasted $25. So I have around $300 for now and it's just a beginning.
Any options if I can buy more vanillas with these cards or any other options ? Maybe any online sites which accept multiple cards for payment or something like that
P.S.: I have no car (I know I could put it to gas), so please do not offer it.
Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Wasted $25 0/0 vanilla gift cards options

You can use Square to cash out...you can use other pp accounts to cash out...

Many stores I know won't allow you to buy more gift cards with a gift card BUT perhaps there are some stores that will in the US...wait for more ppl to comment
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014

Maybe it's just me but there are about a zillion small purchases my family makes per week that total under $25 that I could think of - for quick trips to the grocery store to supplies for my kids' school, projects, etc. Heck even Subway for 2 is less than $25 for the spouse and I.
The Following User Says Thank You to novemberrain1970 For This Useful Post:
MM78 (09-01-2014)
Old 09-01-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You can purchase a money order from USPS using a Debit Card, now,I'm not sure if they will allow you to say get a $100 money order using 4 cards , but you can ask

It might be better to ask if you can use 2 debit cards to purchase a money order, but if not just purchase one money order per card

Just say you will be paying by debit, credit cards are not allowed, don't mention it's a gift card, and swipe your card and for the pin use any 4 digits and it will go thru

I know that Walmart also will accept debit for money orders, I'm sure others will but I know walmart and USPS will work

And than u can deposit them into your bank account
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-09-2015), GreenBean (09-01-2014), MM78 (09-01-2014), outofluck (09-04-2014), ovidiu (09-04-2014)
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

as long as it has a pin, you can go to any post office and get a money order for the amount on all the cards. I do it all the time with my left over Vanilla cards
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
BiN4RY (09-01-2014), GreenBean (09-01-2014), MM78 (09-01-2014), raskolnik (01-28-2015)
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

So far I think I will do the same with USPS. So I need to know in advance how much will I pay for money order including fee cause it might exceed balance.
1) What is a fee for buying money order ?
2) I have not used them at stores, so they have no PIN, though it was reset online when registering cards. So can I pick PIN right at the moment of purchasing?
3) As you wrote I should use DEBIT only, right ?

Thank you for quick and useful responses guys, cause wasting $25 each 0/0 is too much
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Set the pin up on the vanilla website.

The fee for the MO is like 1.50 or something.

What I do is if I have 4 Cards with 25 dollars each, Ill make sure the pin is on each card and then go to the post office and tell them I want a 100 dollar money order with DEBIT then pay the 1.50 fee in cash.

Its a pain in the butt but it works every time for me.

No cards wasted, And I can reuse the cash to get more Vanillas.
The Following User Says Thank You to BigCJ For This Useful Post:
raskolnik (01-28-2015)
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

How do I assign PIN if never used in any stores like CVS, so didn't have a chance to assign PIN. Can I choose it when purchasing MO at post office or it should be done before (like buying gum at store) ?

Also when purchasing MO do I pay taxes or it's only MO ammount + fee ?
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCJ View Post
What I do is if I have 4 Cards with 25 dollars each, Ill make sure the pin is on each card and then go to the post office and tell them I want a 100 dollar money order with DEBIT then pay the 1.50 fee in cash.
Are USPS workers ok with using multiple cards to purchase $100 MO ?
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

You can assign a PIN on the website on back of the card. And yes, USPS will be fine doing it unless they just have a crappy attitude. There job is not too complicated since you will be providing a PIN number.
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjammin View Post
You can assign a PIN on the website on back of the card. And yes, USPS will be fine doing it unless they just have a crappy attitude. There job is not too complicated since you will be providing a PIN number.
Maybe I'm moron but I don't see the way to assign PIN online. I can assign only ZIP code (registering card).

View image: PIN

Any comments ?

I called vanillavisa phone card on the back of the card. Th automatic system had same options as website. And I cleared PIN again. It just said, that for the first time using it as debit I can choose any PIN, which would become default after that(same as website says). So basically I will put anything I want at post office tomorrow. Hope it'll go through.

Last edited by olekstom87; 09-01-2014 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by olekstom87 View Post
Are USPS workers ok with using multiple cards to purchase $100 MO ?
That could be seen as sketchy
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
That could be seen as sketchy
They usually get more annoyed if you go slow but there is really nothing sketchy.

I do it fast and if they ask, I tell them that I had a birthday bash where I wanted money only.

Plus, once they see its an actual gift card and not a credit card, there is nothing that they can say/do.
Old 09-02-2014

Longevity: 77%

I go to a store and buy a gift card with the gift card. If they say no, I move on to the next store which will say yes.
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

I see your point - guess it depends more on the store and the person manning the counter.
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Ok, guys ! Attention ! Very funny story of my day with the results.
I live in Brooklyn, New York. So I have a lot of stores like CVS and similar. One of my CVS stores have an automatic lines (4 or 5) besides regular cashiers. A week ago I attemted to buy 6 vanillas and scanned them but after like 3 cards it became each time "assistance is on the way" and each time a person who supervises people's checkouts come by and scans her pass. And it glitched each time after like 3-4 cards. By the way she didn't ask me for id or something. I didn't buy it because I had an old style $100 bill. So I went to another CVS and purchased with cash and careless cashier accepted it. That is all for that day.
At my another CVS a few weeks ago when purchasing with paypal debit card I was asked last 4 digits of 16-dg card number (when asked why, he said oroginally he should have asked me for ID, but he trusted me). Si that's about purchasing it as we all know better with cash.

So my main goal is to get rid of 0/0 -$25 cards. So as I mentioned before in the tread, I assigned ZIP online and reset PIN online and it said "when you first make it DEBIT just put any one you want, and it would become permanent (until you reset it again online)". And I went to local post office to try get a $100 Money Order. When I swiped it it asked for PIN and I put random but she said "declined". Than I said I'll pay with multiple cards and again put PIN and "declined". So I assumed it didn't have PIN yet on card. So I went to local CVS and my wife usually buys $0.33 candys there when needed cashback. So I got 11 candies and as soon as I stepped to cashier and said "on candy at a time" . She was pissed off "seriously ?? ****,,, bla bla bla". The other problem was they couldn't be scanned easily because melted a little where the bar code was. So after like 3-4 candies she was so much cursing that she said "you can't use gift cards to purchase it like that". At that point I was also angry with her attitude and said "reason ??? tell me!" She was trying to call manager but he was busy somewhere in the back. While we were waiting for manager, she did 2-3 more. I insisted "you got to tell me ****ing reason! is it that much suspicious. you want my ID ???(cause I'm sure nothing illegal in that)". So finally one of these 2 stupid cashiers got on the phone with manager and she was so upset explaining him the situation and she said to her pal "go ahead, he can do that" ))))) So I assigned the PINs to all 11 cards. {by the way love cashiers working at my local CVS, who get like $8/h and always happy to see you as a customer =), and they work so fast like you want just slap them sometimes - like always when they get hourly rate}
So with assigned PINs I went back to Post office. And again "put your PIN' - declined. I even told the rep which amount I'm gonna pay from 1st card and he put it manually. So for some reason it doesn't go through. Maybe somehow they track it like gift card with cc pool numbers or something similar. So I was little upset but before going home went back to automatic lines CVS and tried to purchase it.
And guess what. An assistant said "someone needs my assistance ?" - of course no, never, that's why I go to automatic line not cashier ))))) So I purchased 1 card. It said "you can't pay for gift card with CVS gift card and bla-bla gift card" - press ok. At checkout it asked me again PIN and I put it. It didn't even asked me for amount to be paid from this card. It charged it by FULL available amount on gift card automatically. I swiped 2nd one. And that's it.
Tomorrow I will try to do that without assigning PIN for $0.33 for candy because I will spoil my carma by them cursing me that much )))
Luckily this CVS ALWAYS have a lot of vanillas (even though another ones don't have it most of a time).
So paying for gift cards with gifts card is cool when doing it just 1-2-3 cards at a time at automatic line. Just don't attract too much attention.
The other problem left for me - I couldn't find tracfones in none of my stores (like 5-7 stores I checked). So I'll stick with t-mobile sims for now.

That's the story of today. Don't get upset if something goes wrong, maybe you'll find even better solution afterwards. There's always a workaround in any system. We don't give up, that's why we're here at this forum (like matrix - going against the system) ))))
The Following User Says Thank You to olekstom87 For This Useful Post:
rsot (09-05-2014)
Old 09-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Recently at 0/0 I have a lot of gift cards, which were put into ebay and cannot be used anywhere else. What should I do with all the cards, if once you receive 0/0 - you have wasted $25. So I have around $300 for now and it's just a beginning.

Thank you!
May I suggest you re-look at how you are making your accounts?

If the method is sound, you should not be wasting that many cards.

Please consider this to help for the future.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (09-02-2014), ovidiu (09-04-2014)
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
May I suggest you re-look at how you are making your accounts?

If the method is sound, you should not be wasting that many cards.

Please consider this to help for the future.

I wasted recently 6 in a row for linking unconfirmed pp. Before that I had 40% chance of waste due to recycled numbers probably. I want to create a lot in advance and age them because each year its getting harder. So I'll have many vanillas to recycle.
Old 09-03-2014

Activity: 13%
Longevity: 90%

just use with gas for my car, works perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to haohigh For This Useful Post:
outofluck (09-04-2014)
Old 09-10-2014

Quote:
Ok, guys ! Attention ! Very funny story of my day with the results.
I live in Brooklyn, New York. So I have a lot of stores like CVS and similar. One of my CVS stores have an automatic lines (4 or 5) besides regular cashiers. A week ago I attemted to buy 6 vanillas and scanned them but after like 3 cards it became each time "assistance is on the way" and each time a person who supervises people's checkouts come by and scans her pass. And it glitched each time after like 3-4 cards. By the way she didn't ask me for id or something. I didn't buy it because I had an old style $100 bill. So I went to another CVS and purchased with cash and careless cashier accepted it. That is all for that day.
At my another CVS a few weeks ago when purchasing with paypal debit card I was asked last 4 digits of 16-dg card number (when asked why, he said oroginally he should have asked me for ID, but he trusted me). Si that's about purchasing it as we all know better with cash.

So my main goal is to get rid of 0/0 -$25 cards. So as I mentioned before in the tread, I assigned ZIP online and reset PIN online and it said "when you first make it DEBIT just put any one you want, and it would become permanent (until you reset it again online)". And I went to local post office to try get a $100 Money Order. When I swiped it it asked for PIN and I put random but she said "declined". Than I said I'll pay with multiple cards and again put PIN and "declined". So I assumed it didn't have PIN yet on card. So I went to local CVS and my wife usually buys $0.33 candys there when needed cashback. So I got 11 candies and as soon as I stepped to cashier and said "on candy at a time" . She was pissed off "seriously ?? ****,,, bla bla bla". The other problem was they couldn't be scanned easily because melted a little where the bar code was. So after like 3-4 candies she was so much cursing that she said "you can't use gift cards to purchase it like that". At that point I was also angry with her attitude and said "reason ??? tell me!" She was trying to call manager but he was busy somewhere in the back. While we were waiting for manager, she did 2-3 more. I insisted "you got to tell me ****ing reason! is it that much suspicious. you want my ID ???(cause I'm sure nothing illegal in that)". So finally one of these 2 stupid cashiers got on the phone with manager and she was so upset explaining him the situation and she said to her pal "go ahead, he can do that" ))))) So I assigned the PINs to all 11 cards. {by the way love cashiers working at my local CVS, who get like $8/h and always happy to see you as a customer =), and they work so fast like you want just slap them sometimes - like always when they get hourly rate}
So with assigned PINs I went back to Post office. And again "put your PIN' - declined. I even told the rep which amount I'm gonna pay from 1st card and he put it manually. So for some reason it doesn't go through. Maybe somehow they track it like gift card with cc pool numbers or something similar. So I was little upset but before going home went back to automatic lines CVS and tried to purchase it.
And guess what. An assistant said "someone needs my assistance ?" - of course no, never, that's why I go to automatic line not cashier ))))) So I purchased 1 card. It said "you can't pay for gift card with CVS gift card and bla-bla gift card" - press ok. At checkout it asked me again PIN and I put it. It didn't even asked me for amount to be paid from this card. It charged it by FULL available amount on gift card automatically. I swiped 2nd one. And that's it.
Tomorrow I will try to do that without assigning PIN for $0.33 for candy because I will spoil my carma by them cursing me that much )))
Luckily this CVS ALWAYS have a lot of vanillas (even though another ones don't have it most of a time).
So paying for gift cards with gifts card is cool when doing it just 1-2-3 cards at a time at automatic line. Just don't attract too much attention.
The other problem left for me - I couldn't find tracfones in none of my stores (like 5-7 stores I checked). So I'll stick with t-mobile sims for now.

That's the story of today. Don't get upset if something goes wrong, maybe you'll find even better solution afterwards. There's always a workaround in any system. We don't give up, that's why we're here at this forum (like matrix - going against the system) ))))

I'm also in Brooklyn, so thank you for pissing off just about every local CVS cashier I'll ever deal with.

In the future - just run the cards as Credit. No pin necessary.

And yes, when you use self-checkout the prepaid cards will require assistance Every. Single. Time. because they need to be activated and approved.
Old 09-13-2014

Quote:
Any options if I can buy more vanillas with these cards or any other options ? Maybe any online sites which accept multiple cards for payment or something like that
P.S.: I have no car (I know I could put it to gas), so please do not offer it.
Thank you!
ATT, Verizon they accept multiple cards for payment and of course gas station is the easiest one