Goozle's Guide to Avoiding 0/0 (90% Success Rate) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 09-21-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Goozle's Guide to Avoiding 0/0 (90% Success Rate)

Well, it's been a while since I gave back to the community, so here is my guide for avoiding the new 0/0 restrictions being placed on accounts when they're listing their first items.

What I'm working with:
I have a storage drive with over 500 dormant buyer accounts. So all the accounts I am using are between 6-9 months aged buyer accounts with non-existant phone numbers with an area code in my area.

All my PP account profiles are 80% complete. I use VBAs for instant-verification and I do the $1.95 CC confirmation with a VCC that has money left over on the card for the $1.00 soft hit that eB puts on it when you list an item. Everything is done except the mobile verification.

These are the steps I take to "wake up" my dormant accounts. I have messed around with this a lot, and now that my account graveyard in the triple digits here's what has been working for me on a pretty reliable basis:

Steps For Waking The Dragons -
1. Obtain a phone number. People are hyping tracphones like they're the new stealth-Jesus, but I do not subscribe to this belief.

2. Log into PP and add the new phone number to your dormant PP. Also, go into the PP Wallet and click your card. I don't know why but it will ask you to confirm the address even if you already have. I believe this is due to the site switch-over. My accounts were created on the classic site while the new site was still an optional beta. Confirm the address. You will receive an email from PP with "You have added a card to your PP account" as the title, even though you didn't add a new card. I don't know why this happens.

3. Log into your eB account and click the ACCOUNTS tab, then click "Addresses." Add the address that is on your account to your eB account, and add the new (active) phone number that you just added to your PP as a 2ndary number.

4. Log into another PP account and send your new account some money. Anywhere from $7-10. This will bring your balance to about $9-12 because you've already added $1.95 from your VCC.

5. Wait 1-3 days.

6. Log into your eB account do two things: (1) Bid on an item. Personally I like to go to the automotive section and bid $500 on Porshes and Ferraris that have a reserve that is obviously much more than $500. (2) Do a search for an item that is similar to the one you are interested in selling, and add that item to your watch list.

7. Let both auctions, the one you bid on and the one you watched, end. (AKA wait 3-5 days)

8. Relog into your eB account and open both auctions. On every single relevant link in each page, right-click and open as new tab. Feedback, seller info, "Me" page, view more pics. Literally everything. You should have like 30 tabs open.

9. Find another item, and ask the seller a question. Doesn't matter what the item is and what you're asking. It can be a blue shirt, and you can ask the seller if it is red pants or if it comes with a complimentary pelican tattoo done by a Hells Angel biker. It really doesn't matter what you say, as long as you say something.

10. Start selling the item you want to sell, but DO NOT LIST IT. At the end, hit SAVE FOR LATER.

11. Here's where my methods diverge, and I'm not sure which is better but they've both been working for me:

11A. Wait for the "Hey come back!" email from eB. When they notice you have an item you didn't complete the listing on they will send you this email in 48-72 hours. Follow the links in the message.

11B. With the item you want to sell as your "saved listing" you start a 2nd listing and list your starter item. This is that used book you picked up from the garage sale for 10 cents from that girl down the block. Standard rules apply - do not use the Advanced Selling Tool, include 3 or more pics, and do not start your auction for .99 as is suggested.

12. This is actually very important. After your listing is complete STAY ON-LINE AND CONTINUE TO BROWSE eB FOR ANOTHER 10-15 MINUTES. SERIOUSLY. I don't know why, but this step is often the deal-breaker for my accounts. Personally, I have YouTube open in another tab and I'm streaming music or a podcast to make the time pass while I do this.

Thank you for selling on eB! Your monthly selling limits are 10/1,000!

Goozle
glacier922 (09-21-2014), Klemantina (09-22-2014), movie (10-05-2014), newjerseymax (09-22-2014), OfficialGenius (10-20-2014), rsot (09-22-2014), unclejj (09-30-2014), unkown5454 (09-21-2014), write (10-10-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-21-2014

Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Goozle's Guide to Avoiding 0/0 (90% Success Rate)

Wow that works i been going through the 0/0 over and over i am exhausted from it. But i don't have accts that are 6-9 i have 2-3 mths i can try those with your method and see if it works.
Old 09-21-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Your post seems to boil down to showing activity with an account before taking the next step and listing items.

Personally I like to think of it as eBay achievements.. like with an xBox game... Example, "You bid on an item.. congrats you get 'bidding achievement', etc.

If you just rush to listing without any account activity it can be problematic at times and not authentic.

That said.. there are a lot of variables that most people do not understand.

Last edited by aspkin; 09-21-2014 at 08:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
RetroRedneck (09-28-2014)
Old 09-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Doesn't PayPal ask for your phone number when you first created it? The number you are adding, is it a second one?
Old 09-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier922 View Post
Doesn't PayPal ask for your phone number when you first created it? The number you are adding, is it a second one?

Yes. The phone number I add when creating the account is a xxxx "Work" number. That gives me the freedom to say I was fired or my work # changed or I was transferred or whatever....

And yes, I am adding a 2nd number as an alternative #, and not removing the first one
progetter92 (10-16-2014)
Old 09-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Personally I like to think of it as eBay achievements.. like with an xBox game... Example, "You bid on an item.. congrats you get 'bidding achievement', etc.
You mean like Bon.an.za? OMFG, that sh!t is so annoying! I immediately disable it.

Every time you click a button, you get some d@mn notification about how awesome you are at moving your mouse and clicking some buttons! WHOOHOO
Old 09-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

This is a great post and very detailed. Personally I have never had to go through so many steps, but if it works plenty here need step by step instructions. Well done!
Omgoozle (10-14-2014)
Old 09-22-2014
Executive [VIP]

Oomgoozle, do you have to wait the 3-5 days after you bidded on an item before you start your listing? The listing that you'll save and wait for the wait come back message? Thx
Old 09-23-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Oomgoozle, do you have to wait the 3-5 days after you bidded on an item before you start your listing? The listing that you'll save and wait for the wait come back message? Thx

The longer the better.
Old 09-28-2014

Longevity: 67%

I personally never tried most of those steps, but what really helped (I think),was logging and and acting like a normal user: performing searches, watching items, bidding, ask questions, etc. No issues yet.
Old 09-29-2014
Threadstarter  

**Update**

Well my success with this method was short-lived. I'm 0/3 when making new accounts this evening and I was using the same methods that got me great results in the past.

I even called in on one of the accounts and after being put on hold for ONE FULL HOUR I was asked for documents. I have no idea how you people who endorse calling in for every account maintain your sanity, the stream of curse words that came out of my mouth when he told me he was sending an email to instruct me on how to verify my identity was... ridiculous.
Old 09-29-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omgoozle View Post
**Update**

Well my success with this method was short-lived. I'm 0/3 when making new accounts this evening and I was using the same methods that got me great results in the past.

I even called in on one of the accounts and after being put on hold for ONE FULL HOUR I was asked for documents. I have no idea how you people who endorse calling in for every account maintain your sanity, the stream of curse words that came out of my mouth when he told me he was sending an email to instruct me on how to verify my identity was... ridiculous.
/sigh - noble efforts
Old 09-30-2014

Longevity: 56%

This is great information. To add more to your list, do you think that the following will help, if the opportunity arises:
1. Complete a survey
2. Chat with a rep and ask a stupid question?
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

So is the reason now is because of the cell phone number?
Old 09-30-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So is the reason now is because of the cell phone number?
It may be because of category - I was trying a new item.
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Do you guys get the 0/0 if you activate those selling offers from eBay?
Old 09-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Just to update, I used goozle most of the way, but I used tracfone, got my 10/1000. I so wanted to switch to advanced listing but I curbed my temptation, I won't do it. I hope I sell it tho, otherwise I'll have to use advanced listing tool
The Following User Says Thank You to glacier922 For This Useful Post:
Omgoozle (10-14-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Good information but 10/1000 limit can be acheived without doing that many steps.
Old 10-04-2014

Longevity: 74%

Hey there goozle!
Thanks for the post helpful information. And thats crazy insane you have 500 accounts just sitting, gosh I wish I had the discipline. I always get strapped make like 20 then mean to make more and never do till Im stressed and strapped for more.

I dont know if you read any of the other threads on the 0/0 Im sure you did but I just wanted to paste some info below that I posted on one of them. I know you had mentioned you dont believe too much in the whole phone number being an issue.
Just wanted to share with you what has helped me immensely.

I have made literally 50 accounts since May/June and have had 50% success rate. Same way I have been using for years (of course fine tuning here and there) with no problems. So something major changed. I have been having quite a few people asking for some help. So here it is.

Then I found two things, PHONE is a huge issue. If you do a reverse look up and they see a carrier such as bandwith.com and not a real carrier such as Att or sprint so on. Then you have a very high risk of it being a 0/0 limit account or getting the mc900 emails please call us to verify such and such.

Other thing is they have SERIOUSLY stepped up their game on the whole automated verification system. They obviously go off of a public database. They want to be able to at least find your name in the zip code that you say you are living in.

OK PEOPLE did you get that? It has been posted here on this very thread and others but here it is again. They want to know that the name is in the zip code. Now as far as 100/5000 limits and legality and so on. That is up to you. You wanna border on or out right mess with "identity theft" thats your own choice. I would NEVER advise it or do it.

That is not what we are suggesting or advising. I want to make that a point here. Thats not what I am saying.

Since changing to TRACFONE. And having the names match up to the zip codes i have had 99% success rate. And by that I mean I have opened 30 account. And 28 out of 30 have had 10/1000
The only reason the 2 got 0/0 limits in my opinion was I was trying something out with Apartment building addresses. The system obviously did not like it.

I hope this helps. I truly do I know it can be extremely frustrating. But you can not be scared to test the waters and dive in. Opening accounts and changing little things with a notepad next to you writing down every thing you do will help you come across the exact formula that will work for YOU time and time again. It may take 12-14 hour days for weeks, but it's worth it!
Quote:
**Update**

The Following User Says Thank You to livelifewild For This Useful Post:
RetroRedneck (10-05-2014)
Old 10-08-2014

Longevity: 72%

I tried opening an account last night i activated that offer in the email for free selling still got 0/0 i should have did it differently was the correct order. I used a real name of my relative who lives at the real address. But still got 0 and i used a tracfone.
Old 10-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleleeli View Post
I tried opening an account last night i activated that offer in the email for free selling still got 0/0 i should have did it differently was the correct order. I used a real name of my relative who lives at the real address. But still got 0 and i used a tracfone.
Not sure what you are doing wrong. Can you lay out your steps 1 by 1? I think we can help that.
Old 10-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Well, it's been a while since I gave back to the community, so here is my guide for avoiding the new 0/0 restrictions being placed on accounts when they're listing their first items.

What I'm working with:
I have a storage drive with over 500 dormant buyer accounts. So all the accounts I am using are between 6-9 months aged buyer accounts with non-existant phone numbers with an area code in my area.

All my PP account profiles are 80% complete. I use VBAs for instant-verification and I do the $1.95 CC confirmation with a VCC that has money left over on the card for the $1.00 soft hit that eB puts on it when you list an item. Everything is done except the mobile verification.

These are the steps I take to "wake up" my dormant accounts. I have messed around with this a lot, and now that my account graveyard in the triple digits here's what has been working for me on a pretty reliable basis:

Steps For Waking The Dragons -
1. Obtain a phone number. People are hyping tracphones like they're the new stealth-Jesus, but I do not subscribe to this belief.

2. Log into PP and add the new phone number to your dormant PP. Also, go into the PP Wallet and click your card. I don't know why but it will ask you to confirm the address even if you already have. I believe this is due to the site switch-over. My accounts were created on the classic site while the new site was still an optional beta. Confirm the address. You will receive an email from PP with "You have added a card to your PP account" as the title, even though you didn't add a new card. I don't know why this happens.

3. Log into your eB account and click the ACCOUNTS tab, then click "Addresses." Add the address that is on your account to your eB account, and add the new (active) phone number that you just added to your PP as a 2ndary number.

4. Log into another PP account and send your new account some money. Anywhere from $7-10. This will bring your balance to about $9-12 because you've already added $1.95 from your VCC.

5. Wait 1-3 days.

6. Log into your eB account do two things: (1) Bid on an item. Personally I like to go to the automotive section and bid $500 on Porshes and Ferraris that have a reserve that is obviously much more than $500. (2) Do a search for an item that is similar to the one you are interested in selling, and add that item to your watch list.

7. Let both auctions, the one you bid on and the one you watched, end. (AKA wait 3-5 days)

8. Relog into your eB account and open both auctions. On every single relevant link in each page, right-click and open as new tab. Feedback, seller info, "Me" page, view more pics. Literally everything. You should have like 30 tabs open.

9. Find another item, and ask the seller a question. Doesn't matter what the item is and what you're asking. It can be a blue shirt, and you can ask the seller if it is red pants or if it comes with a complimentary pelican tattoo done by a Hells Angel biker. It really doesn't matter what you say, as long as you say something.

10. Start selling the item you want to sell, but DO NOT LIST IT. At the end, hit SAVE FOR LATER.

11. Here's where my methods diverge, and I'm not sure which is better but they've both been working for me:

11A. Wait for the "Hey come back!" email from eB. When they notice you have an item you didn't complete the listing on they will send you this email in 48-72 hours. Follow the links in the message.

11B. With the item you want to sell as your "saved listing" you start a 2nd listing and list your starter item. This is that used book you picked up from the garage sale for 10 cents from that girl down the block. Standard rules apply - do not use the Advanced Selling Tool, include 3 or more pics, and do not start your auction for .99 as is suggested.

12. This is actually very important. After your listing is complete STAY ON-LINE AND CONTINUE TO BROWSE eB FOR ANOTHER 10-15 MINUTES. SERIOUSLY. I don't know why, but this step is often the deal-breaker for my accounts. Personally, I have YouTube open in another tab and I'm streaming music or a podcast to make the time pass while I do this.

Thank you for selling on eB! Your monthly selling limits are 10/1,000!

Goozle
Your method is good, but do you know what you need to change to get to 100/5000 limits?