Living in a house with 6 computers + Cellphones? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 12-19-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Living in a house with 6 computers + Cellphones?

So I have a big family. We have 2 laptops, 2 desktops (both mine), an iMac (Mine), an iPad (Mine), and 2 smart-phones.

My current understanding is that since every device connects to the same Wi-Fi Network, does this mean we all share the same IP addresses? Will the IP addresses switch for everyone if I change it through my modem?

I just bought a new stealth account and am going through a huge safety list to try and prevent any suspicions. This makes me wonder if I should delete all the cookies/history/Flash cookies on EVERY device before I start switching IP addresses and using my newly bought stealth account? Will logging onto an old eBay account on a different device automatically link me if using a complete different computer but on the same Wi-Fi? I just wouldn't want one of my family members browsing through eBay one day (on their device) and screwing things up for me.

Would having more then one computer be of any use as well?
(P.S should I avoid using eBay on these other computers?)

Edit: Crap thats a lot of questions. I won't be surprised if this doesn't get any responses. I'll try to do some research of my own as well. Apologies for all the new threads.

Last edited by BlackBerets; 12-19-2014 at 10:23 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-19-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Living in a house with 6 computers + Cellphones?

Yes, all those devices connecting through wifi are going to share the same IP address. Best thing to do will be to not use that wifi for stealth.

You're most likely going to want to tether through your cell phone or use a dongle (or both). Lots of information in those regards on the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to ricketty For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBerets View Post
My current understanding is that since every device connects to the same Wi-Fi Network, does this mean we all share the same IP addresses?
Yes, if all the devices connect to your Home Wifi, then all those devices share the same IP.

Quote:
Will the IP addresses switch for everyone if I change it through my modem?
It will change for everyone but it will be same IP for everyone....so it won't matter in the end.

Quote:
I just bought a new stealth account and am going through a huge safety list to try and prevent any suspicions. This makes me wonder if I should delete all the cookies/history/Flash cookies on EVERY device before I start switching IP addresses and using my newly bought stealth account?
You can stealth on multiple devices but honestly....you should focus on using only ONE Computer for now...your getting a bit ahead of yourself. You SHOULD do the following:
1. Create a new User Account
2. Find other method of getting an IP that is NOT shared with all the other devices, you can go several routes: Mifi/Dongle, Phone Tethering, DialUp.

Quote:
Will logging onto an old eBay account on a different device automatically link me if using a complete different computer but on the same Wi-Fi?
Connecting to any account with an IP that was already used with a banned account MAY/CAN/PROBABLY cause a link and should be avoided.

Quote:
I just wouldn't want one of my family members browsing through eBay one day (on their device) and screwing things up for me.
This is why I suggested you only stick to 1 device for your new stealth for now....until you become fluent, stick to one device for your stealth.

Quote:
Would having more then one computer be of any use as well?
(P.S should I avoid using eBay on these other computers?)
See answer above.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014

Longevity: 76%

I bought a notebook with sole purpose is PayPal use makes very easy I keep it in airline mode so never connects to wifi so it only connect to internet when put usb dongle in. I had less accidents since started doing this about year and half ago. Was best grand ever spent.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jjohnson777 For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014), RosieTosie (12-22-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I would definitely use a different internet connection, preferably through a different provider from the one you are currently using. Tethering from a phone or getting a USB stick or wifi-hotspot works well.

A low cost option may be to get another hookup. If you have, say, Comcast already, there might be DSL service in your area offered by your phone company.

If you are LUCY, then maybe there is more than one cable company available in your area. Some of them have very low cost basic internet which is pretty much all you need for stealth. Hell, some people even use dial-up, although that is PAINFULLY slow! Back in the day, websites optimized for dial-up, keeping graphics as small as possible, but nobody does that anymore since most people are on broadband.

But just for email and to put listings on line does NOT require a 30MBPS connection. For that, even a slow older DSL connection of 720KBPS will do. Most DSL is now between 3MBPS and 6MBPS, which is much faster anyway. But you might want to go with the CHEAPEST option.

When choosing another provider, if that is the direction you decide to go in, you also want to make sure they use DYNAMIC IP addresses as opposed to Static IP addresses. Because a Static IP address will NEVER change.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Get dongle + different Internet provider for your business operations. Yes, it will cost a bit more but ...healthier for stealth.

You can also look at cellphone tethering.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014), RosieTosie (12-22-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Edit: Crap thats a lot of questions. I won't be surprised if this doesn't get any responses. I'll try to do some research of my own as well. Apologies for all the new threads.
Questions are what you need to make to get to where you want to be

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014), novemberrain1970 (12-22-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Never need to be apologetic BlackBerets all in good spirit
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-20-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Very helpful answers, thanks guys! I currently actually have Comcast Xfinity (150 mbps downspeed) and their given router doesn't even allow me to switch my Mac Address. I already purchased a $300 Wi-Fi router to run the modem through to be able to switch the dynamic IP's around.

I'm loving the idea's of getting a second internet provider strictly for business. This will prevent me having to switch my IP's so frequently and put my mind at ease. I also only have just 1 stealth account at the moment so it would be as simple as it gets. I'll do some research about different companies in my area.

I've read a lot about many members on here using mobile tethering. Might give that a try. Whatever is more simplistic and easier to maneuver is what I will choose in the end!

Again thanks for all the helpful responses
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Then you absolutely go for tethering.

Avoid messing around changing mac addresses when there are quicker options.
Old 12-21-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
Then you absolutely go for tethering.

Avoid messing around changing mac addresses when there are quicker options.
What would a safe number of IP switches per month on 1 stealth account be? I wouldn't want to over-do going from Wi-Fi router to mobile tethering..
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What would a safe number of IP switches per month on 1 stealth account be? I wouldn't want to over-do going from Wi-Fi router to mobile tethering..
No set safe number - I have accounts that have different IP all the time...you basically need to make sure that accounts don't SHARE the same IP
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
BlackBerets (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
No set safe number - I have accounts that have different IP all the time...you basically need to make sure that accounts don't SHARE the same IP
Roger that. I'll still try to keep the IP switching on the down-low, I only have 1 stealth account atm so I guess I should keep it steady.

Thanks to all the detailed replies!