Has Anyone Docs have declined since the rules? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 01-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Default Re: Has Anyone Docs have declined since the rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternity4u View Post
Has anyone attempted to send in docs to PayPal since the new policy started?

Has anyone docs been declined?
Anyone have any updates on this?

Whiteberry
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-27-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 89%

Has anyone had PayPal Limited after the policy been implemented.

It's been alittle quiet since November and December.
Old 02-27-2015

Longevity: 71%

Quote:

I'm hoping this is a good sign, no news is good news right?

Whiteberry x
Old 02-27-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Has anyone had PayPal Limited after the policy been implemented.

I think that can be summed up in some cases by the simple fact that people who have made their own accounts are going up to the EU limit and then stopping at that point and going over to other accounts if they have them, rather than tempting fate by actually submitting the docs only to find they are not going to be accepted.

Others who have bought accounts of course get the docs supplied, and for them it is just as worrysome, whether they will make it through or not. There are many who will not make it through the limit. So the fact that there has been quite a lack of postings about the issues from the ID situation doesn't mean lots of people are not having ID issues eternity.
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
eternity4u (02-27-2015)
Old 02-27-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Limits are being removed without too much issue.

The issue was always getting the PayPal to last more than a few weeks after the limits had removed, which they seem to be doing. Only time will truly tell though
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
eternity4u (02-27-2015), RosieTosie (02-27-2015), whiteberry (02-27-2015)
Old 02-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
I think that can be summed up in some cases by the simple fact that people who have made their own accounts are going up to the EU limit and then stopping at that point and going over to other accounts if they have them, rather than tempting fate by actually submitting the docs only to find they are not going to be accepted.

Others who have bought accounts of course get the docs supplied, and for them it is just as worrysome, whether they will make it through or not. There are many who will not make it through the limit. So the fact that there has been quite a lack of postings about the issues from the ID situation doesn't mean lots of people are not having ID issues eternity.
In a way it makes perfect sense as well, not to even hit the EU limit.
If I think about my own personal accounts then I just look at the total amount of £ I need to bring in each year and then divide it between the accounts. If my income was £62k BEFORE the suspension, then I'm thinking that at least £50k would do me nicely, on stealths. If the EU limit is £1.7k then I just know that I need to have 30 stealth accounts in order to keep them all under £1.7k.
Is it safer to just spread the sales across accounts, knowing you will not hit the limit? Yes.
Is it annoying to have 30 accounts all doing pennies instead of having maybe 10 accounts that don't have the limits? For sure!

Me personally, I will most likely start to experiment with the documents once I know that I have recovered 80% of my revenue and cash flow. When I feel that I can loose an account or two in the process. Because I much rather take the risk and lose 70% of the accounts that I take the risk with because I think to have accounts that have been cleared from limits last long time, now that's how I want to run my show.
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidukk View Post
In a way it makes perfect sense as well, not to even hit the EU limit.
If I think about my own personal accounts then I just look at the total amount of £ I need to bring in each year and then divide it between the accounts. If my income was £62k BEFORE the suspension, then I'm thinking that at least £50k would do me nicely, on stealths. If the EU limit is £1.7k then I just know that I need to have 30 stealth accounts in order to keep them all under £1.7k.
Is it safer to just spread the sales across accounts, knowing you will not hit the limit? Yes.
Is it annoying to have 30 accounts all doing pennies instead of having maybe 10 accounts that don't have the limits? For sure!

Me personally, I will most likely start to experiment with the documents once I know that I have recovered 80% of my revenue and cash flow. When I feel that I can loose an account or two in the process. Because I much rather take the risk and lose 70% of the accounts that I take the risk with because I think to have accounts that have been cleared from limits last long time, now that's how I want to run my show.

So you have those 30 accounts pretty much all running together haidukk?, so how are you dealing with bank accounts to verify them in the first place to get in a position where you can sell? I opened another with Barclays yesterday and was told to make it a current account because to work with ebay/PayPal that type of account would be needed. Asked how many current accounts coukd in theory be opened with them and was told, in theory, an endless amount!!

Last edited by RosieTosie; 02-28-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 02-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
So you have those 30 accounts pretty much all running together haidukk?, so how are you dealing with bank accounts to verify them in the first place to get in a position where you can sell? I opened another with Barclays yesterday and was told to make it a current account because to work with ebay/PayPal that type of account would be needed. Asked how many current accounts coukd in theory be opened with them and was told, in theory, an endless amount!!
I would most likely spread the accounts between myself and my other half. I know that slowly and surely I could most likely have more and more bank accounts with different, and same, banks in England but in terms of just not sticking out like a sore thumb I spoke to my other half and she is more than happy to get few more bank accounts and saver accounts going.

GREAT news from Barclays, if they told you you can have endless amount of current accounts! I wouldn't mind having A TON of current accounts with bank, but if they start sending me plastic cards then it might get a bit too much! That's why Halifax seems to be nice and easy- Current account is the start and then just add saver accounts.
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
I would most likely spread the accounts between myself and my other half. I know that slowly and surely I could most likely have more and more bank accounts with different, and same, banks in England but in terms of just not sticking out like a sore thumb I spoke to my other half and she is more than happy to get few more bank accounts and saver accounts going.

GREAT news from Barclays, if they told you you can have endless amount of current accounts! I wouldn't mind having A TON of current accounts with bank, but if they start sending me plastic cards then it might get a bit too much! That's why Halifax seems to be nice and easy- Current account is the start and then just add saver accounts.

Hehe yes money talks haidukk never more so than these days in this country with bank managers wanting to grasp every bit of extra money into their banks that the possibly can, so they can get their names noticed in the pecking order and possibly moved up the ranks, and offering extra bank accounts out to anyone they can is obviously high on their agenda.
Old 02-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

Open an endless amount and see what sort of issues arise because you will encounter a lot
The Following User Says Thank You to Callidus For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Open an endless amount and see what sort of issues arise because you will encounter a lot
That is so true of course Calidus. Endless amounts of bank accounts being opened here in the UK is definately a no no, maybe 1 every 4/5 months is more like it over here, otherwise raising flags with the banks themselves would become a bigger issue than raising them with ebay/PayPal put together!!
Old 02-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
That is so true of course Calidus. Endless amounts of bank accounts being opened here in the UK is definately a no no, maybe 1 every 4/5 months is more like it over here, otherwise raising flags with the banks themselves would become a bigger issue than raising them with ebay/PayPal put together!!
I think it depends how you do is as well? If you just go sick on it online then it might look odd, but if you actually went to the branch in city centre and talk to them about "trying something different" or talking about the reason why you want a new account, then it might not as suspiscious? Who knows.
Old 02-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

A good relationship with the bank alleviates many issues arising
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
I think it depends how you do is as well? If you just go sick on it online then it might look odd, but if you actually went to the branch in city centre and talk to them about "trying something different" or talking about the reason why you want a new account, then it might not as suspiscious? Who knows.
Yes that is very true and was how I opened my Barclays account and asked my question about how many potential current accounts 1 person could in theory hold with them. It was quite an in and out type of meeting as well, was over in about 10 minutes!, completely painless!

Last edited by RosieTosie; 02-28-2015 at 06:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Absoulety true. I stick to saving accounts. I don't near any current accounts and basics accounts.
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
Absoulety true. I stick to saving accounts. I don't near any current accounts and basics accounts.
Interesting eternity, so do you have quite a lot of savings accounts on the go at once?
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Interesting eternity, so do you have quite a lot of savings accounts on the go at once?
Yes.

I make it a point not to open more than 4 savers account at each bank

I have a one bank account each with Halifax. Bank Of Scotland. TSB. Lloyds TSB. Nationwide, Barclays.

If you have 4 or 5 savers accouts with each bank that adds up alot.

When my RBS and Natwest closed down without a reason. I took step back and have been careful.

Stealth is good too. But I would never ever risk my real name in the name of stealth.

Now, when I make a stealth name, I make it similar to my name. This way the funds are to be deposit slightly to similar to my real name.

All I can say to everyone. Always go slow. Never opened more than 4 bank accounts in a go.
And with these new PayPal verification. Savers accounts work just right.
The Following User Says Thank You to eternity4u For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

4 per bank is about the right ratio.

Lloyds should really be avoided.
Old 02-28-2015

Quote:
Yes.

I make it a point not to open more than 4 savers account at each bank

I have a one bank account each with Halifax. Bank Of Scotland. TSB. Lloyds TSB. Nationwide, Barclays.

If you have 4 or 5 savers accouts with each bank that adds up alot.

When my RBS and Natwest closed down without a reason. I took step back and have been careful.

Stealth is good too. But I would never ever risk my real name in the name of stealth.

Now, when I make a stealth name, I make it similar to my name. This way the funds are to be deposit slightly to similar to my real name.

All I can say to everyone. Always go slow. Never opened more than 4 bank accounts in a go.
And with these new PayPal verification. Savers accounts work just right.
Yes just picking up on what James said there, you haven't found you have had any problems with Lloyds then eternity?, many people on here seem to have had problems with them, having said that it has often been down to mismatched names, maybe with you mentioning that you are careful to just use a name variation and not a completely different name has helped you to avoid problems like that with Lloyds. Also interesting you found problems with RBS and Natwest who closed down your accounts completely. I have said before I am personally not convinced by the 'split' between certain banks, as in the case here you mentioned about RBS and Natwest with the former trying to put out a public persona of being Natwests parent, same with Lloyds and TsB, who also were one and the same.
Old 02-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Often if you have an issue with Natwest you will have an issue with RBS and vise versa. They both share the same banking licence.

Halifax, BOS and Lloyds are all part of the same group but have different baking licences.

Lloyds is under one banking licence and Halifax and BOS are together under another. This means that Lloyds is more separate to Halifax than Halifax is to BOS
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

True Rosie Tosie.

I had read many people had issues with Lloyds.
I never ran into a problem with them because of my name variation.

But Natwest and RBS were a nightmare.
I only opened these accounts when I moved.
And I didn't like their customer service either.

From all the banks I had. I like Bank Of Scotland. Maybe that's due to me having a bank account for many years.

Natwest and RBS I would never touch again. RBS was good until Natwest came along and made things different.
Old 02-28-2015
Threadstarter  

How long are PayPal taking to review the docs?

I sent some in. This is for a real account. Have sent it since 9th February.

Seriously. The worst company in the world are eBay and PayPal yet they are the most powerful.

I hate them like a vengeance but love them.

Just wish good old eBay and PayPal days come back.