How to beat the Paypal 200 transaction limitation without SSN or EIN - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 03-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default How to beat the Paypal 200 transaction limitation without SSN or EIN

As you all know, when you get close to reaching 200 transactions, paypal requires you to provide a SSN or EIN to prevent limitation. Since SSN is out of the question for a stealth account, the easiest way to resolve this is to either change the paypal account to a business account and link an EIN number to it OR link a fresh, unused paypal account to the existing ebay account. Linking a fresh, unused paypal account to the ebay acct would be a much easier option, however I have also heard that this may trigger ebay/paypal limitations as well since ebay does not like seller's payment information to be changed much.

What advice do you have in regards to this situation?

Please do not reply, "Read Stealth" (already have many times) or "Read the forums" (already did a lot of research on this). Any successful stealther knows that things change FREQUENTLY on Ebay, Paypal, and Amazon. I am just looking for the most current(2015) info on this issue. I'm pretty sure the most common answer will be the EIN route, but if there's even the smallest chance that someone found a new solution around this recently, this post was more than worth it...

Last edited by koolio97; 03-18-2015 at 07:41 PM. Reason: bold
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: How to beat the Paypal 200 transaction limitation without SSN or EIN

An EIN or DON'T go over the 200/$20,000......
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How to beat the Paypal 200 transaction limitation without SSN or EIN

EIN is the method you will need to use, or just avoid the thresholds that will trigger it
Old 03-18-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

No there is no way around this, it's an IRS law and PayPal and all merchant accounts need to follow this guidelines, or they will be in trouble with the IRS

So like you mentioned you need to incorporate and go the EIN route

THE IRS does not mess around , and they have been known to put away anyone , no matter how famous you are , who you know, it doesn't matter , that's one organization that just looks at numbers and doesn't give special favors

So provide EIN or Keep rotating new accounts

This way is the best I think right now at least for US accounts.. New accounts seem to get more traffic and it's just good too keep adding and rotating new accounts and growing your business all the time by adding more stealth accounts.

Every year I use one account that goes past the 200/20K threshold and than the rest I keep adding and rotating new accounts in.

And by the end of the year you will have a huge group of accounts that have at least a 90 day selling history and you can sell really close to the threshold and not get a tax ID request when it's DECEMBER
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
koolio97 (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

EIN's work just fine. I have NEVER had an account suspended with Amazon OR PayPal when I gave them an EIN for the TAX-ID requirement. There will not likely EVER be a way around this, because the IRS requires the reporting over 200/$20,000 and they have to use and SSN, EIN or ITIN to report income.

There are some websites advertising they can give you a clear account with an SSN already attached, but I wouldn't touch those accounts with a 10 foot pole! If you are caught using someone else's SSN, that is identity theft, and that means possible jail time. It is not worth the risk.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
koolio97 (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Does the 200 transaction limit AND $20k limit get reset Jan 1st of every year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
And by the end of the year you will have a huge group of accounts that have at least a 90 day selling history and you can sell really close to the threshold and not get a tax ID request when it's DECEMBER
Old 03-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

So rotating fresh paypal accounts on an existing ebay is out of the question even if the previous paypal account/s were not yet limited?
Old 03-18-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

No you can't do things like that, one paypal with one eBay

All accounts need to run independently of each other with zero Links

All those shortcuts may of worked years ago but they do not work now and would be a waste of time and would result in a mess of links and many accounts going down one after another

You need to learn stealth the right way, keep up to date everyday on this forum, because it's constantly changing

And you can't take shortcuts , it takes time to learn how to operate and create accounts, and you need the discipline to do things like always log every IP every time

You should have spreadsheets with each account and all information ever used on those accounts

There is a lot that needs to be learned and practiced but doing things the right way from the start and after repeating things over and over everyday all the operations become second nature and it does become easy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
koolio97 (03-18-2015), RoxJox (07-12-2015)
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolio97 View Post
So rotating fresh paypal accounts on an existing ebay is out of the question even if the previous paypal account/s were not yet limited?
All I can say is: ....please take DMSharks advice.
Old 03-18-2015
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
All I can say is: ....please take DMSharks advice.
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Spread sales to keep amounts coming in low and under the radar
Old 03-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 63%

Every thing above is great advice. I do not know if there is more I can add or not. You got a lot of good posters who know their stuff about this topic.
Old 03-18-2015

Longevity: 66%

When it comes to going over the 200/20000k limitation, JW and DM gives solid advice. Take it and run with it.

Thanks JW & DM for answering my PMs in the past
Old 03-20-2015

Longevity: 53%

is the same limit for UK or Canada accounts? I mean 200 transaction OR $20K.
Old 03-20-2015

Longevity: 81%

how many ein numbers can we have?
Old 03-20-2015

Longevity: 58%

Seems like a good audience to help with some suggestions for my scenario...

I understand having many stealth accounts, keeping the monthly sales under 1,000 or so per month as to keep from having to verify. Where I can see this works fine for most, I think it a little more difficult and in efficient in my case and I would be willing to bet someone has a better way....

without posting what I sell ill use an example, its a small niche, lets say nurse scrubs.
Lets say I have about 50 different items to sell, this consists of 10 different color scrubs, and then 5 different sizes of each, this is all I sell.....

I could post all of them at the beginning of the month, lets say each color has its own account with 5 sizes. I sell till each account gets the the 1,000 max and then have to shut them all down until the next month. We know that sales create sales when done right so having to start a bin from scratch every month takes time to get sales going and is not very efficient. The other thing is that I would have 10 accounts going all at the same time listing the same brand and type of scrub and the same (promotional items) I use to make my item stand out. This would leave room for the accounts to get linked.

Essentially doing this I'm building my account simultaneously throughout the year and then starting over the next, but with the risks i'd be taking of products getting linked and the in efficient style of constantly taking bin's down and putting up leaves a lot to be desired.

My preferred method would be to be able to list all 50 options from day one and just be able to sell straight through until right before that 20,000 cut off and then at that point move on to the next account and do the same until you get to the end of the year. Doing so this way would allow me to run it more like a regular business, keeping things listed, in stock, always selling, always building sale/watchers etc in more of a progressive manner....

I hope this makes sense to at least one person who can understand what im trying to say and can translate it lol. Even if at the end of the year the sales amounts were the same, the second idea just seems so much more efficient.
opinions, thoughts on how to do this? Would multiple EIN's kept under 20,000 accomplish this?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xb5869 For This Useful Post:
anova85 (03-20-2015), Dan T. (04-11-2015)
Old 03-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by galvad View Post
is the same limit for UK or Canada accounts? I mean 200 transaction OR $20K.
No, those countries have different tax requirements.
Old 03-20-2015

Longevity: 61%
Smile Re: How to beat the Paypal 200 transaction limitation without SSN or EIN

Hello XB5869,

I Admire your opinion on how it is rather more convenient to run one account for one product with multiple options such as color and size rather than splitting same product and variations on multiple accounts. This indeed would eventually create linkage and I believe that running one account slowly and smoothly and staying under the radar is way better. I have had over 100 accounts last year and was using similar products on multiple accounts which eventually in 5 months after creating them , linked on average 15 accounts in one shot. After learning this system and spending 24/7 making and maintaining accounts, I have learned that it is better to keep product aside from same product and sell to sell individual products on different accounts (this is done to avoid linkage with similar product on similar accounts running at the same time ). It is better to be patient and run accounts smoothly ,batches of few per week with limited product supply so the account doesnt run into red flagging.
Thank you for your input , and I would appreciate if other forum members would care to share their opinions as well. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb5869 View Post
Seems like a good audience to help with some suggestions for my scenario...

I understand having many stealth accounts, keeping the monthly sales under 1,000 or so per month as to keep from having to verify. Where I can see this works fine for most, I think it a little more difficult and in efficient in my case and I would be willing to bet someone has a better way....

without posting what I sell ill use an example, its a small niche, lets say nurse scrubs.
Lets say I have about 50 different items to sell, this consists of 10 different color scrubs, and then 5 different sizes of each, this is all I sell.....

I could post all of them at the beginning of the month, lets say each color has its own account with 5 sizes. I sell till each account gets the the 1,000 max and then have to shut them all down until the next month. We know that sales create sales when done right so having to start a bin from scratch every month takes time to get sales going and is not very efficient. The other thing is that I would have 10 accounts going all at the same time listing the same brand and type of scrub and the same (promotional items) I use to make my item stand out. This would leave room for the accounts to get linked.

Essentially doing this I'm building my account simultaneously throughout the year and then starting over the next, but with the risks i'd be taking of products getting linked and the in efficient style of constantly taking bin's down and putting up leaves a lot to be desired.

My preferred method would be to be able to list all 50 options from day one and just be able to sell straight through until right before that 20,000 cut off and then at that point move on to the next account and do the same until you get to the end of the year. Doing so this way would allow me to run it more like a regular business, keeping things listed, in stock, always selling, always building sale/watchers etc in more of a progressive manner....

I hope this makes sense to at least one person who can understand what im trying to say and can translate it lol. Even if at the end of the year the sales amounts were the same, the second idea just seems so much more efficient.
opinions, thoughts on how to do this? Would multiple EIN's kept under 20,000 accomplish this?
Old 03-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

If you have a high velocity of sales you can sell all the way up to 199 items before getting the request and exceed that by 50-100 but really, what good does that do?

Your account gets limited until you add tax info. EIN are easy and relatively cheap
Old 03-20-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
If you have a high velocity of sales you can sell all the way up to 199 items before getting the request and exceed that by 50-100 but really, what good does that do?

Your account gets limited until you add tax info. EIN are easy and relatively cheap
Ok, so now that this has been moved to the subscriber forum i'll be a little more blunt about it...

I have one main account with an EIN, way over 200 transactions, but still under 20,000. Last year this account had 1,000 transactions with about 18,000 in sales and no 1099 at the end of the year.... No matter what way I go I will have several stealth accounts as backs ups, so don't think im putting all my eggs in one basket. I want to know if I can run this one up to 18,000, stop selling, pick another one, attach an EIN, run that one up to 18,000... wash rinse repeat and not get 1099'd on each account.... I'm not asking for advise on avoiding paying taxes, i'm asking if I can sell like explained above and avoid getting 1099'd, and then of course do this myself instead of paypal doing it

So in other words, instead of spreading the amount over many accounts every month all year I want to spread it out over many accounts one at a time then move on to the next.....
Old 03-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

You will not get a 1099K unless you process 200+ CREDIT CARD transactions meeting 20K or more.

On my side of things, I can stretch sales to around 35K but not more than 199 transactions. This is collecting most funds mostly all coming in on one or two days. I am sure if sales trickled daily I would not be able to get these numbers.
Old 03-20-2015

ok, I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you can only have 1 EIN and you have to use DBA's if you want to own different business. So you can actually have multiple EIN #'s? Any certain way they have to be set up to do this?