Tracfone Issues and Confirming Paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 05-02-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Tracfone Issues and Confirming Paypal

Greetings comrades,

So for the past two weeks or so I have been going crazy making back-up accounts and aging them slowly. I have come across a weird issue often talked about here on the forums, but I wanted to go over a few things I am confused about.

My main stopping point for account creation right now is Phone Verification.

I am almost exclusively using tracfones; I have tried many models and types of phones from tracfone from different sources (Their website, Amazon, etc)
For some reason, some specific models will not work at all to confirm paypal. (An example of this is the LG440)

Other times, A few of the same type of Phone will work, but a few of that batch will not receive the Paypal confirmation text code (All phones in batch were the same model)

In other instances, I have had a group of the same model phones not work at all to confirm PayPal.

I have read the forums extensively about this and some mention the "Blue Sims/Black Sims" and how the Blue SIMS rarely work for PayPal. Is there any way to tell which models have which SIMS in them before purchasing?
I have never had problems with any model of tracfone before in past years with confirming PayPal.

Here are my questions for our more experienced members here:
  1. What is causing a few phones from one order to receive text, but others of the same type do not?
  2. Is there a better alternative for phone verification? Like Gvoice, Sendhub, pinger that I can still use in 2015?
  3. Any way to tell if you are getting a blue or black SIM card before buying the phone?
  4. Models of tracfones or other pre-paids you have used successfully?
  5. Is phone verification even needed at all initially? Can I just go ahead and start selling if everything else is confirmed?

Any other advice you have for me is welcome, I'm just trying to do better and learn more every day. Looking forward to some insight from the Pros

Last edited by techdawg; 05-02-2015 at 07:17 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-02-2015

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Tracfone Issues and Confirming Paypal

Most of the Tracfones that I use run off of either AT&T or T-mobile's network and the T-mobile ones never seem to receive the text no matter what, whereas the AT&T ones almost always do. (You can find out which network yours are on by doing a reverse phone lookup here: Reverse Phone Lookup - Whitepages)

But it's really not a big deal. You don't need to confirm the mobile before selling, or at all really. I do it whenever possible, because it doesn't hurt to do so, but at the same time I don't worry if the text never comes. It doesn't make the account any stronger.

The most important thing is being able to pass any sort of security measures that may pop up in the future (like their "device not recognized error"), and all Tracfones I've ever used have been able to do so, as long as it was the original number.
The Following User Says Thank You to plumsake2 For This Useful Post:
techdawg (05-04-2015)
Old 05-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

yeah dont worry about confirming the paypal mobile number doesnt really do anything except bring your profile from 80 to 100 no big deal just confirm it on ebay and youll be fine
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 For This Useful Post:
techdawg (05-04-2015)
Old 05-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

hey man. I must say I was that I was the one that mentioned the blue/black sim cards.

When it comes to these tracfones usually the cheaper ones have blue sims. these can be found in the dollar store aswell. They dont work to well with confirming phone.

Solution: Either buy the 15$ or 10$ ones from walgreens, walmart etc does work fine. Those have black sims.

or You can easily go to google voice and create an account an have it direct to your non.
functioning tracfone. Now just click where it says text and confirm the code via email.

But Like 123 said above I'be noticed phones dont even need to be confirmed I sell fine without them as-well. Just Confirm your CC and/or Bank.

Cheers.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
techdawg (05-04-2015)
Old 05-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 52%

Thanks for the valuable insight gents, it is very much appreciated.
Cheers to our success, onward to more accounts!
The Following User Says Thank You to techdawg For This Useful Post:
kittylove (05-08-2015)