matching name and last4# - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 10-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
Default matching name and last4#

Is a matching name and last 4 ssn to a blocked account enough to get me booted out of the gate? So, if everything else (phone, bank, addr, etc) is up to "stealth code", is a matching name / 4 enough in itself to kill me or prompt a limit requiring full ssn?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: matching name and last4#

when are you getting asked for the last 4?
Old 10-09-2015
Threadstarter  

on account startup because its a business account. No way around that, has to be business.
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppthump View Post
on account startup because its a business account. No way around that, has to be business.
Well, I guess there is always a way and it makes zero difference personal or business until you hit the tax request but OK.

So we all have been using the last 4 of the EIN. Crazy to add an EIN until you have to but to each there own.

Wish ya luck
Old 10-09-2015
Threadstarter  

yeah, but im not selling on ebay. any way i crack it i get asked for the last 4. even if i go llc and put in an ein i then get asked for my last 4 as well. so what i dont know is if my banned name and banned 4 is enough to connect me.

also, if you set up a llc then use it for pp, dont you actually need 2 mailing addresses? one for the company, one for you as its contact.

Oh, and yeah I saw the 'put last 4 of llc's ein in as your ssn', my concern is that that could be portrayed as crossing the line between lying to a company and some sort of legal fraud. Really trying hard not to get on the other side of that line.
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

ebay or no ebay makes zero differance.....

I repeat, we add the last for of the EIN.

No way of getting around the request.

So my suggestion is, make personal account and only upgrade when required, add EIN and then the last for of the EIN. Do this ONLY WHEN REQUIRED.

But you state that is impossible....but that is the only way to handle a new paypal account safely and that is what most all of us do.
Old 10-09-2015
Threadstarter  

I can tell youre frustrated, but Im not actually arguing with you here. I'm just saying that your answer isnt to my actual question. I appreciate the help, but believe me when I say I have scoured the forums, read the book, and thought a lot about this. For what I am doing, I need a business account up front. I'm not looking for an alternative business model, I simply have a question about what PP will use to link accounts.

It would be easiest if I can use my real name, and so I have two options:

1. use the last 4 of my actual ssn or ein on all accounts (each account is registered to a real LLC with their actual EIN's specified)

2. use the last 4 of the LLC's ein as my own.

Either option will crumble if / when I am asked for my complete personal ssn/ein. If I use option 2 I am concerned that I am breaking a law since its a government number I am "mistyping". If I use option 1 I am concerned that (since I can only get one personal ein) all of my accounts are connected by a common contact name/last4, even if they have separate corporate names / eins.

So, my question is if anyone knows if a name / last 4 is enough for PP to link accounts or not. It seems a bit odd that PP would look at the corporate contact's info since llc's can easily be sold, the person managing the account isnt necessarily the company owner, etc.
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

I have answered your question over and over.

USE the last four of the EIN like the rest of us do. It is quite simple. Instead of the last 4 of the SS USE THE LAST FOUR OF THE EIN.

You have no other options at the moment. This has been evolving for five months now. It is not new. That is why we(collectively this forum) have been using the last 4 of the EIN.

Im not frustrated. I could not care less. It does not effect me. It is not my money or business.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (10-12-2015)
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

also, sole proprietor EINs are know for potential problems seeing as it is just you and not a company. They CAN work but they also can cause links to you.
Old 10-09-2015
Threadstarter  

Good to know on sole prop ein. So, what is the best way to handle being caught?

In other words, you have your business accnt, youve got the last 4 ein on your name as contact, and suddenly (inevitably?) they limit you while asking for utility bills, ID, or your full SSN.

If you just never respond will they escalate pursing you? Should you call up, act stupid, and just get the account closed and move on? Can you rebut by just saying you dont want your personal info listed on your employer's accnt?

I've heard people discussing sending up blurry docs, etc, but this seems like it may cross a line to me. Personally, if I can get a few months out of an LLC Im happy, but I dont want my non-responsiveness to a limit to trigger a deep investigation or something.
Old 10-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

ALL of my EIN accounts are EXTREMELY strong and never had any of those things happen. MOST of those issue are for selling foofoo or really cheaply etc... and of course having bad info on the account, bad phone numbers and bad addresses.

But I sell good products at fair prices(most of the time anyways).