How to get back on PayPal? Interesting case - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 11-23-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Arrow How to get back on PayPal? Interesting case

Hello! At first, I am really happy I have found a forum like this.

Let's start. At first, I used to sell virtual goods on PayPal (and pay my workers by it as well), every transaction has been international. It started off an account that was like 3 years old, every transaction has been made through Friends&Family option (mainly to avoid unjustified disputes). Once it reached its 2,5k€ receiving limit (I couldn't remove the limit because I'm not 18) I switched to another, fresh one where I have put same ID and even made it using same IP (not smart, I know). It went okay, once I reached the limit I made my third acc with my grandma's ID.

At some point I got a warning - they asked me to stop participating in actions that violate their policy. I thought they are according to receiving payments through the F&F option. Since this message I have received one 150$ payment (via goods&services) and after this, my account has been limited.

Then, I made my fourth acc, with my mother's ID (same IP...). All I was thinking was that if I follow their policy since the beggining (receiving via goods&services option, having valid ID) it will go well since it's another person's account in theory (I haven't had much experience by this time). A little time has passed and the account was limited - they asked me for more details regarding my sales. I have explained them that I am selling virtual goods and they reopened my acc! Sadly, like a week later it was limited permanently even though I have provided them ID, adress confirmation, etc.

Now the question - how to get back?

My suggestions:

1. What if my dad called them and asked if it's possible for him to make his own business acc even though I have made some problems? In theory it's legit - he's not me.
2. I will wait until I'm 18 (a year), then open a PayPal acc, instantly verify it and start my selling adverture again hoping to not be limited. Will have another IP by this time.
3. Make use of stealth accounts. But is it even possible for Poland?
4. Make a PayPal account using one of my friends' IDs (another IP as well). It's hard to make someone agree though.

I highly favour the first option although I am looking for anything that will let me start selling again in January.

Waiting for your replies guys, have a good day!

Last edited by Neez; 11-23-2015 at 03:34 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: How to get back on PayPal? Interesting case

Refresh!
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 49%

Your dad can call them, and state you used his stuff.
But well, not sure if you want to.

I do not know if Paypal does take any actions against you, once your dad stated you did it ILLEGALLY (without permission).
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Suggestions:
1. STOP USING FAMILY info! Seriously.
2. Stop with the Digital illegal items
3. Stealth is possible for just about every Country
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

OK. First things first. Stop involving everyone else in your business dealings. Because your Mom will now be unable to get a PayPal account. She may have given you her blessing, but you never know what will come up - she may have a great opportunity 5 or 10 years from now to sell a popular item and will be unable to use PayPal as a method of accepting payments. Involving your friends and family in these things is never a good idea, because it can put a strain on your relationship if things go south. It is not worth it.

Stealth is the answer. You MUST stop using the same IP address. This is easy enough to accomplish by using a VPN, or a VPS, or even by tethering your cell phone. Which option is best for you depends on where in the world you are and where you want to sell. But you could be in Antarctica and have a VPN that shows your location to be in Orlando, Florida.

The best thing about stealth is that you can do it by yourself, without having to involve anyone else. That way, if things don't work out the way you hope they will, nobody gets hurt.

Get a new IP, use a new User Account on your Windows PC (I don't remember what they call them on the MAC), get a new phone number, address, use different pictures, a new VCC or gift card, etc. EVERYTHING must be different.

Selling digital goods will always be a dicey proposition, but it CAN be done and several forum members do it every single day. You will have some costs by setting up true stealth accounts, but they are relatively SMALL costs and you just have to figure it into your business plan as a cost of doing business.

Multiple accounts (over time) is also a good thing,. Because it prevents you from having 100% of your business shut down when eBay or PayPal throw a hissy-fit.

Don't worry, you will find the right balance. For some, it is two accounts and for others two hundred. It all depends on what your plans are, on your existing sales levels, the amount of time you can spend on your business, etc.

Being 17 years old, I am assuming you have never given eBay or PayPal a social security number, or the equivalent of an SSN in your country. That is a good thing. Because one day, when you move out, you will probably be able to have your own real eBay and PayPal accounts and they will be in good standing.

Is it fair that eBay does not want you to sell because you are only 17 years old? No, of course not. But the words eBay and fair do not even belong in the same sentence. eBay is anything BUT fair. In fact, they are UNFAIR. So, you need to get used to it. But once you do, you can make the system work for you.
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12348766754 View Post
Your dad can call them, and state you used his stuff.
But well, not sure if you want to.

I do not know if Paypal does take any actions against you, once your dad stated you did it ILLEGALLY (without permission).
No, no, that's not what I was thinking about. I meant him to call them just so they wont think it's me making another account, I haven't used my dad's ID. If they allowed him to make an account there would be only legit stuff happening on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Suggestions:
1. STOP USING FAMILY info! Seriously.
2. Stop with the Digital illegal items
3. Stealth is possible for just about every Country
The items I was selling are legal, PayPal is working with every site offering those services, it's just that I abused F&F option and made a few accounts at the begging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
OK. First things first. Stop involving everyone else in your business dealings. Because your Mom will now be unable to get a PayPal account. She may have given you her blessing, but you never know what will come up - she may have a great opportunity 5 or 10 years from now to sell a popular item and will be unable to use PayPal as a method of accepting payments. Involving your friends and family in these things is never a good idea, because it can put a strain on your relationship if things go south. It is not worth it.

Stealth is the answer. You MUST stop using the same IP address. This is easy enough to accomplish by using a VPN, or a VPS, or even by tethering your cell phone. Which option is best for you depends on where in the world you are and where you want to sell. But you could be in Antarctica and have a VPN that shows your location to be in Orlando, Florida.

The best thing about stealth is that you can do it by yourself, without having to involve anyone else. That way, if things don't work out the way you hope they will, nobody gets hurt.

Get a new IP, use a new User Account on your Windows PC (I don't remember what they call them on the MAC), get a new phone number, address, use different pictures, a new VCC or gift card, etc. EVERYTHING must be different.

Selling digital goods will always be a dicey proposition, but it CAN be done and several forum members do it every single day. You will have some costs by setting up true stealth accounts, but they are relatively SMALL costs and you just have to figure it into your business plan as a cost of doing business.

Multiple accounts (over time) is also a good thing,. Because it prevents you from having 100% of your business shut down when eBay or PayPal throw a hissy-fit.

Don't worry, you will find the right balance. For some, it is two accounts and for others two hundred. It all depends on what your plans are, on your existing sales levels, the amount of time you can spend on your business, etc.

Being 17 years old, I am assuming you have never given eBay or PayPal a social security number, or the equivalent of an SSN in your country. That is a good thing. Because one day, when you move out, you will probably be able to have your own real eBay and PayPal accounts and they will be in good standing.

Is it fair that eBay does not want you to sell because you are only 17 years old? No, of course not. But the words eBay and fair do not even belong in the same sentence. eBay is anything BUT fair. In fact, they are UNFAIR. So, you need to get used to it. But once you do, you can make the system work for you.
Yea, I am fully aware of the fact it may cause problems to them but it doesn't seem like my mother is going to do stuff like this and even if she wanted to do so she could use her parents ID.

By the way, I have never used eBay. I was doing my bussines through a forum and it worked fine.

I'm not sure if the stealth accounts are a good solution. Since I don't have the bussines registered in my country PayPal wouldn't be the only thing I'd have to run away from if I continued to do so. It would get really complicated and risky at one moment, not to mention a single mistake could burn all of my stealth accs.

Assuming, the best solution for me is to let one of my family members to make a legit and cooperating with PayPal account, then register a bussines in my country and evolve the account to a bussines one. I'm gonna be in need of a website that is able to handle payments so that's another reason of this solution being prioritised.

But would the call really work? My dad has never used PayPal nor sent any documents to them.
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

So basically your going to keep using family info? Have you even tried making a Stealth?
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
So basically your going to keep using family info? Have you even tried making a Stealth?
Yea, but in a way that the account wont be limited.

I haven't, I'd try it if I didn't have any other alternative.
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neez View Post
Yea, but in a way that the account wont be limited.
Since when is anything guaranteed? it looks like you have gone through several family members info and have had issues. You don't want to get limited? stop selling digital items....OR make several stealth's and spread sales across multiple accounts.
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Since when is anything guaranteed? it looks like you have gone through several family members info and have had issues. You don't want to get limited? stop selling digital items....OR make several stealth's and spread sales across multiple accounts.
Yea, but that's because all of them were linked and all except one have violated PayPal ToS. If he explained to PayPal that he is another person trying to make business there it would look pretty reasonable. Selling digital items is allowed by PayPal if comes with the business being registered.