Paypal Holding funds and limiting items to sell - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-20-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%
Default Paypal Holding funds and limiting items to sell

Hi All,

I bought a 100 limit account last month and tonight I tried to list my 12th item and I got the message from Ebay in a red box at the top of the page, telling me that I have exceeded my monthly limit, it then said I had 51 more items I can list this month, please contact Ebay to action the limits. what do I do ??? I thought when I bought a 100 listings account that I could just list 100 items....
Also I have all my sales sent tracked and I have been selling now for 2 weeks, still no sign of any money being released ???
Im pretty angry at PayPal's policies, If you sell items that's great as your making ebay and paypal money but they hold all of the funds.. If ebay is your only source of income how can you afford to sent the items out to the buyers when Paypal have held all the funds including the postage ....

Any help appreciated..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal Holding funds and limiting items to sell

12th? that seems a bit random....I understand 10 or 20 or 100 but 12?

You will need to read up on forum, as some people say build slowly and do not contact ebay, do not draw attention but then some say to make the call.....I have never called, but then again, I always had a ton of accounts, never relied on just one. Do you just have this account and no others to spread on?
Old 10-20-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpticalBlade View Post
Hi All,

I bought a 100 limit account last month and tonight I tried to list my 12th item and I got the message from Ebay in a red box at the top of the page, telling me that I have exceeded my monthly limit, it then said I had 51 more items I can list this month, please contact Ebay to action the limits. what do I do ??? I thought when I bought a 100 listings account that I could just list 100 items....
Also I have all my sales sent tracked and I have been selling now for 2 weeks, still no sign of any money being released ???
Im pretty angry at PayPal's policies, If you sell items that's great as your making ebay and paypal money but they hold all of the funds.. If ebay is your only source of income how can you afford to sent the items out to the buyers when Paypal have held all the funds including the postage ....

Any help appreciated..
1. You have to SLOWLY list those items over a period of time, 100 item accounts are pretty useless as you cant list multiples of the same things, or lots of listings straight off the bat.

2. PayPal are witholding your funds for a reason - you are operating a stealth account, therefore if there is a chargeback or a return etc, they need to recover their money. Heres the irony - You arent who you say you are, do you wonder why they have protection policies in place? lol

3. If eBay is your only source of income, best to get a job in Maccy D's till you have your accounts established and built up enough revenue for stock.
Old 10-21-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Is it possible you have hit a 'hidden' category limit?

If you do contact ebay, try live chat first. Seeing they can help.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
OpticalBlade (10-21-2016)
Old 10-21-2016

I would suggest trying live chat as mentioned they should be able to look into it for you.

i have had my stealths about 6 weeks sold around 10 items on each (cheap stuff untracked) and my paypal holds have already come down from 21 days to anything between 3 and 10 days so regarding paypal holds patience is the only way im afraid.
Old 10-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
1. You have to SLOWLY list those items over a period of time, 100 item accounts are pretty useless as you cant list multiples of the same things, or lots of listings straight off the bat.

2. PayPal are witholding your funds for a reason - you are operating a stealth account, therefore if there is a chargeback or a return etc, they need to recover their money. Heres the irony - You arent who you say you are, do you wonder why they have protection policies in place? lol

3. If eBay is your only source of income, best to get a job in Maccy D's till you have your accounts established and built up enough revenue for stock.
Thanks for the response although not the one I was looking for...
Ebay is not my only source of income so it was wrong to assume that it was ... I never said it was, I said if it was (there is a difference)
Also I go on ebay as it supplements me having a bit of pocket money, before I got banned I was making 600 a month not a lot but enough for me to take my kids out and treat them etc..
I also have a very well paid job ...Thanks for the Maccy D's job offer but i shall kindly decline if its all the same with you.
And I also understand the reason why paypal has a hold on my money ... You pointed out that I am operating a stealth account well of course I am but Ebay don't know that !!
And I understand Stealth very well thanks.. its just sometimes we all need a point in the right direction if we are unsure on why ebay do what they do.
Old 10-21-2016
Threadstarter  

Found out this evening that one of the items I was trying to list had a ceiling limit of how many I could list. I thought as it was a PDF Tutorial I was listing and not a physical item it would be ok to list loads but no, so ....I lowered it and hey presto It got listed..

Many thanks for your help people...