How long before you start selling? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-07-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
Default How long before you start selling?

Just making a couple of back up accounts, just wondered what the average time is people wait between creating an account and listing a low key item?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: How long before you start selling?

Some people browse on the account for a week or so beforehand.

Others list the same day.

From personal experience it hasn't mattered whatsoever. Stealth Book and other account sellers say to wait a week to completely eliminate the risk
Old 05-07-2017

Longevity: 75%

sell junk for a month or 2 or paypal will jump all over you for ID photo , invoices,
and proof of address and proof of postage they are roughless and ebay is miles better to work with
Old 05-08-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

If you create the account yourself I would sell right away. As long as the item is low value, low risk you should be fine.
Old 05-08-2017

Longevity: 59%

Why not upload paperwork right away, easy enough to obtain thus reducing risk off limitation.
Old 05-15-2017

Longevity: 62%

I start selling straight away but very low risk items.

Things costing a few quid at most
Old 05-16-2017

Longevity: 56%

I do it properly.

Wait for account to age for a couple of weeks, then a couple of household type items.

Then if your adding stock, put them in gently over the course of a month. Once all your PP holds are off, allow to mature for another two to four weeks with low value stock...then start entering bigger items, one at a time.

After three months or so, you'll find the account is immensly strong. Then if you have not done so already, and you get the EU limit, put your shop or listings on holiday, submit the docs (emptying account first) and wait for approval. Once approved. Go wild. But not to wild.

Longetivity guaranteed.
Old 05-16-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

wired makes a good point about 3 months of activity
Old 05-16-2017
Banned

Longevity: 52%

Just be aware that when u sold something is when the clock starts or shall we say it's the beginning of your account maturing to fulfill the minimum requirements for ebay/paypal to remove holds. RECOMMENDATION: Sell something ASAP as long as it's low risk.
Old 05-23-2017

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
I do it properly.

Wait for account to age for a couple of weeks, then a couple of household type items.

Then if your adding stock, put them in gently over the course of a month. Once all your PP holds are off, allow to mature for another two to four weeks with low value stock...then start entering bigger items, one at a time.

After three months or so, you'll find the account is immensly strong. Then if you have not done so already, and you get the EU limit, put your shop or listings on holiday, submit the docs (emptying account first) and wait for approval. Once approved. Go wild. But not to wild.

Longetivity guaranteed.
It's worth noting that it depends on the account type, too.

Wired makes excellent points, but if you're registering business accounts, then selling/listing a couple of household items in the first couple of weeks frankly does nothing to increase the strength of the account and depending on what you're selling, might look weird as f**k.

I've never run into any issues selling from day one. Build sales slowly and get the accounts verified with docs as you run up towards the limits and you should be golden speaking from experience.
Old 05-24-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKGiftWarranty View Post
It's worth noting that it depends on the account type, too.

Wired makes excellent points, but if you're registering business accounts, then selling/listing a couple of household items in the first couple of weeks frankly does nothing to increase the strength of the account and depending on what you're selling, might look weird as f**k.

I've never run into any issues selling from day one. Build sales slowly and get the accounts verified with docs as you run up towards the limits and you should be golden speaking from experience.
Not really. EBay isnt the enemy , PayPal is, its actually worse having a business eBay with personal PayPal, then selling multiples of the same items - even if just low value in the early days of an account. Never used to be, but this has been a new experience for me lately, so this is one to watch out for.

Also having fully verified PP accounts before hitting limits, I feel , weakens the situation also.

Last edited by wired; 05-24-2017 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Not really. EBay isnt the enemy , PayPal is, its actually worse having a business eBay with personal PayPal, then selling multiples of the same items - even if just low value in the early days of an account. Never used to be, but this has been a new experience for me lately, so this is one to watch out for.

Also having fully verified PP accounts before hitting limits, I feel , weakens the situation also.
A lot of what you've said is just your opinion I presume?

Having a Premier/Personal PayPal attached to a Business eBay is perfectly fine. I've got multiple accounts that are several years old, and are using this combination - they are running extremely smooth.

Also eBay and PayPal are equally strict in different ways, hence sometimes you'll find one suspends you, but the other doesn't. They both have roughly the same terms, but emphasise on different rules. This is mainly because PayPal is a payment processor and is under more pressure to conform to certain regulations.

---

Also if your selling multiples of the same item on a new account, my advice would be not to list the item and set QTY to 50, 100 etc., but rather set each listing to 1 QTY, sell it, dispatch it, get positive feedback, repeat, until you've got at least 10 positive feedback. Only then consider taking advantage of listing multiple QTY under same listing(s). Also don't make a tonne of listings, especially of the same products when your first starting out.

Use your own images / different backdrops for different stealth accounts.

---

Having a fully verified PayPal before hitting limits does not weaken any situation. Selling on an unverified PayPal is extremely high risk as you are highly prone to suspension.

P.S. Everything I have mentioned above is from my own experience, having sold on eBay and used PayPal for over 10 years now. Yes things have changed a lot since, but a lot of what you've said just does not add up.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
UKGiftWarranty (05-24-2017)
Old 05-25-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
A lot of what you've said is just your opinion I presume?

Having a Premier/Personal PayPal attached to a Business eBay is perfectly fine. I've got multiple accounts that are several years old, and are using this combination - they are running extremely smooth.

Also eBay and PayPal are equally strict in different ways, hence sometimes you'll find one suspends you, but the other doesn't. They both have roughly the same terms, but emphasise on different rules. This is mainly because PayPal is a payment processor and is under more pressure to conform to certain regulations.

---

Also if your selling multiples of the same item on a new account, my advice would be not to list the item and set QTY to 50, 100 etc., but rather set each listing to 1 QTY, sell it, dispatch it, get positive feedback, repeat, until you've got at least 10 positive feedback. Only then consider taking advantage of listing multiple QTY under same listing(s). Also don't make a tonne of listings, especially of the same products when your first starting out.

Use your own images / different backdrops for different stealth accounts.

---

Having a fully verified PayPal before hitting limits does not weaken any situation. Selling on an unverified PayPal is extremely high risk as you are highly prone to suspension.

P.S. Everything I have mentioned above is from my own experience, having sold on eBay and used PayPal for over 10 years now. Yes things have changed a lot since, but a lot of what you've said just does not add up.
My opinion, as is your information, your opinion.

Being an account seller, you would of course like to oppose what I have said.
Old 07-24-2017

Longevity: 75%

I was selling a few low value items wating to get paid like £50 in my account and taking it out out before I sell more always stay below £100 in PP

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 07-24-2017

Longevity: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghton19 View Post
Just making a couple of back up accounts, just wondered what the average time is people wait between creating an account and listing a low key item?

I usually list 1-2 low value items per day max the first weeks of opening an account, always works great for me. Try different approaches, eg list on one account the day you open it, another a few days later and so on, then you can compare what happens.
Old 07-25-2017

Usually a few days browsing, register, then another couple of days, then sell.
Old 07-25-2017

I browsed for two months then sold a few items to a total value of around £700 in a couple of weeks.

I gathered cookies from multiple sites, clicked every how to on ebay and paypal.

My goods were used, electrical and made a long time ago, my personal items too.

I am permanently limited on paypal.

The vets here said it was my own fault.

I personally put it down to luck, if I sold my gaming set up there on a new account, Id be limited? I dont think so.

I believe you can sell straight away or in a week but dont earn over £100 in the first month or £500 in two months imo. I believe ebay and PP are now becoming more advanced.
Old 07-25-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I usually like to start off with listing a book, after the first week
Old 07-27-2017
just_smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrong View Post
I browsed for two months then sold a few items to a total value of around £700 in a couple of weeks.

My goods were used, electrical and made a long time ago, my personal items too.

I am permanently limited on paypal.

The vets here said it was my own fault.

I personally put it down to luck, if I sold my gaming set up there on a new account, Id be limited? I dont think so.
It's not luck

You can't sell high value electrical goods on a new account anymore. Even if they are your own possessions.
Old 07-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
It's not luck

You can't sell high value electrical goods on a new account anymore. Even if they are your own possessions.
Two sales were about 200 the rest under 90 and things like cabling.

Ok fair enough but they themselves should have that on their terms, because if someone signs up to sell their gaming rig, home cinema kit or the like, they'll be suspended and that isn't fair at all. Their money locked away for 180 days.

I'd say those items prompt a manual review.
Old 07-29-2017
just_smile

It's pretty much plastered all over the forum in threads. I haven't read the stealth guide in a while but I'm sure it also warns of the perils of selling expensive high risk goods on new accounts.
Old 07-29-2017

Longevity: 53%

Selling from the day one, some low level items, and start selling main item after one month.
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzie For This Useful Post:
Bradd (08-22-2017)