Buying stealth account with my friend name on it - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-13-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default Buying stealth account with my friend name on it

Here is the case, my friend doesnt have ebay or papypal not he will have, he gave me his visa prepaid card for using, so can u make uk account with his name and adress?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-13-2017

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: Buying stealth account with my friend name on it

Sure, in ALL his personal details.

I wouldnt though, only ends up in tears using friends and family accounts.
Old 06-13-2017

Longevity: 40%

Yes, you can open an eBay or PayPal account on your friend's information.

If you intend to sell on eBay, you will later be required to provide your friend's documentation too, like a photo ID, bank statement or utlity bill etc.

If you have previously been banned, you will also need to change your IP address, use new cookies and alter your browsing habits in order to avoid being linked back to your banned information.

Though you can do it, it is not advisable to involve family and friends when making new eBay or PayPal accounts.
Old 06-13-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceZ View Post

If you intend to sell on eBay, you will later be required to provide your friend's documentation too, like a photo ID, bank statement or utlity bill etc.

If you have previously been banned, you will also need to change your IP address, use new cookies and alter your browsing habits in order to avoid being linked back to your banned information.

Though you can do it, it is not advisable to involve family and friends when making new eBay or PayPal accounts.
yea man i get it that all, i am asking is any seller that can make me account with lets say 50/100 limit.
Old 06-13-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Leave your friends, family out of your business.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
blobby (06-13-2017), rsot (06-21-2017)
Old 06-13-2017
MU

Longevity: 45%

Quote:

Bad, bad info.

For a start, it is illegal.

Secondly, EVEN IF he has FULL permission to use his friends 'persona', talk us through the tax implications.
Old 06-14-2017

It is not illegal if he has his friend's permission to do so, which I believe he has, seeing as his friend gave him his Visa card.

Secondly, no one mentioned a thing about taxes and even if they did, this is one of the reasons why I said it's not an advisable thing to do.

You should read and understand posts before you start jumping to conclusions.

So all in all, it is absolutely not recommended to involve family and friends when making an eBay or PayPal account, and it is perfectly legal as long as he has his friend's permission to use his details. Preferably his friend should be present while he registers the accounts whether it is over the phone or in person so his friend knows exactly what he is getting in to.

Last edited by SpaceZ; 06-14-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2017
MU

Quote:
It is not illegal if he has his friend's permission to do so, which I believe he has, seeing as his friend gave him his Visa card.

Secondly, no one mentioned a thing about taxes and even if they did, this is one of the reasons why I said it's not an advisable thing to do.

You should read and understand posts before you start jumping to conclusions.

So all in all, it is absolutely not recommended to involve family and friends when making an eBay or PayPal account, and it is perfectly legal as long as he has his friend's permission to use his details. Preferably his friend should be present while he registers the accounts whether it is over the phone or in person so his friend knows exactly what he is getting in to.
Yes it is illegal, since the bank account and cards attached to it are property of the bank. It is fraud.

I do understand what I read, now understand this boy:

SO far in many of your first 12 posts you have encouraged people to break the law and use stealth to do so.

THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS FOR.

I suggest you find somewhere else to go.
Old 06-14-2017

Please tell me where exactly I have encouraged people to break the law?

Why do you continue to use adhominem attacks when responding to me?

No where have I provided illegal advice to anyone in all of my 12 posts.

Another thing is that it is not illegal to use someone elses bank details if you have their full permission and they are present.
Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Leave your friends, family out of your business.
totally agree, just buy an account and start selling
Old 06-14-2017
MU

Quote:

Another thing is that it is not illegal to use someone elses bank details if you have their full permission and they are present.
You are wrong, for reasons already stated. However let me see if I can break it into little child like steps just for you to understand better.

Person A 'gives' person B 'permission' to use their bank account and debit card etc..

However, since the bank account and card are not the property of person A, he can not legally give that permission.

The card and account are the property of the bank, who do not give permission for ANY person other than person A to use. Not only is it against the banks T+C's, it can also be classified under various illegal acts, such as fraud, misrepresentation, and identity theft.

/thread.
Old 06-14-2017

Again it is not illegal. i.e it is not in violation of British law. I will educate you on this matter.

British law i.e the issue of legality and the bank's T&C are two separate things.

The OP asked whether he could use his friend's details to open an eBay/PayPal account. Now, while this practice is totally not recommended, it is still not against British law, providing he has his friend's permission and is not committing fraud.

Speaking of fraud, this is where the bank's T&C come in to play. The contract you sign when applying for a bank account has terms that are in place to protect you against fraudulent activity. When you register a bank account, you are legally their customer, so any complaints or chargebacks that you file are legally binding on the bank to look in to and accept (as long as your complaints are genuine and valid).

If the bank were to allow people to freely pass on their cards for others to use, this would create all sorts of problems and could possiblly encourage people to commit fraud.

For example, person A allows person B to use his card and purchase, let's say, an engine component for a Honda.

The transaction is carried out but two weeks later, person A looks at his bank statement and realises person B also used the same card to buy something else.

The first item was with permission but the second item was without permission and is illegal. Because of these potential scenarios, banks have strict terms that do not allow these things to happen.

It's in the bank's interest to eliminate the risk of fraud and to promote a consistent and safe record of payments and transactions.

However we are not discussing using a person's card without their permission. We are discussing whether a PayPal account can be opened and if it's opened, it is illegal? Of course not.

As I have said more than once, it is not recommended to use someone else's details even if you have their permission, but it is perfectly legal to do so. In other words, you won't be thrown in to prison if you both get caught and it does not result in even any lower form of criminal activity whatsoever.

The question arises, is it consistent with PayPal's T&C? I would say, no. But again, the account can still be opened and as far as PayPal are concerned, the account will be owned by the person who's details are on file. This is exactly why we are all saying it's the most atrocious thing to do due to the implications.

So yet again; it is not an illegal practice. Kindly get your facts straight and in the future think before you post.

Finally, "A charge not answered is one that's believed". I feel I have responded and explained my stance sufficiently and I will not be responding further.

Last edited by SpaceZ; 06-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-14-2017
MU

Quote:
Again it is not illegal. i.e it is not in violation of British law. I will educate you on this matter.

British law i.e the issue of legality and the bank's T&C are two separate things.

The OP asked whether he could use his friend's details to open an eBay/PayPal account. Now, while this practice is totally not recommended, it is still not against British law, providing he has his friend's permission and is not committing fraud.

Speaking of fraud, this is where the bank's T&C come in to play. The contract you sign when applying for a bank account has terms that are in place to protect you against fraudulent activity. When you register a bank account, you are legally their customer, so any complaints or chargebacks that you file are legally binding on the bank to look in to and accept (as long as your complaints are genuine and valid).

If the bank were to allow people to freely pass on their cards for others to use, this would create all sorts of problems and could possiblly encourage people to commit fraud.

For example, person A allows person B to use his card and purchase, let's say, an engine component for a Honda.

The transaction is carried out but two weeks later, person A looks at his bank statement and realises person B also used the same card to buy something else.

The first item was with permission but the second item was without permission and is illegal. Because of these potential scenarios, banks have strict terms that do not allow these things to happen.

It's in the bank's interest to eliminate the risk of fraud and to promote a consistent and safe record of payments and transactions.

However we are not discussing using a person's card without their permission. We are discussing whether a PayPal account can be opened and if it's opened, it is illegal? Of course not.

As I have said more than once, it is not recommended to use someone else's details even if you have their permission, but it is perfectly legal to do so. In other words, you won't be thrown in to prison if you both get caught and it does not result in even any lower form of criminal activity whatsoever.

The question arises, is it consistent with PayPal's T&C? I would say, no. But again, the account can still be opened and as far as PayPal are concerned, the account will be owned by the person who's details are on file. This is exactly why we are all saying it's the most atrocious thing to do due to the implications.

Finally and yet again; it is not an illegal practice. Kindly get your facts straight and in the future think before you post.

My facts are correct, your comments are wrong.

THOSE are the true facts.

Please stop posting on this forum, and giving people misleading information which may lead to them committing criminal acts.

If you do not know what you are talking about, WHICH YOU CLEARLY DO NOT, you need to stop posting.
Old 06-14-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobby View Post
My facts are correct, your comments are wrong.

THOSE are the true facts.

Please stop posting on this forum, and giving people misleading information which may lead to them committing criminal acts.

If you do not know what you are talking about, WHICH YOU CLEARLY DO NOT, you need to stop posting.

if the senario talked about above in regards to buying the first product with permission but then using the card/bank account to purchase a second item without permission is not a criminal offence , it would be a matter for the civil courts.
Old 06-15-2017

Longevity: 56%

Blobby has clear anger and adopted child syndrome issues.

Counselling might help that buddy.
Old 06-21-2017
Threadstarter  

god dam i didnt ask for legal advices, i ask for de facto advices.
Old 06-21-2017
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenkki View Post
god dam i didnt ask for legal advices, i ask for de facto advices.
So you want to know if you can do it, but you don't want to know if it breaks the law?

Glad that has been cleared up so we know what type of person and seller you are.

That is the wrong attitude, and the not what stealth is for.