what are the advantages disadvantages for changing ebay to a business account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-20-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default what are the advantages disadvantages for changing ebay to a business account

what are the advantages disadvantages of changing ebay personal to a business account
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2017

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: what are the advantages disadvantages for changing ebay to a business account

- Personal eBay is ideal for those who want to sell bits and bobs from around the house, Business eBay is for those who buy items to sell.
- Business eBay also allows you to become eligible for Top Rated Seller, whilst this gives you 10% discount on eBay FVF (fees) and higher best match ranking, though it can attract scammers.
- Fees can vary depending on the category you wish you sell in.

I've always found a Premier PayPal linked with a business eBay is the best combination.

Hope that helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
SWORDFISH497 (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: what are the advantages disadvantages for changing ebay to a business account

I take it this all applys to stealth accounts as well ,.Thers no adverse effects ?
Old 08-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
I take it this all applys to stealth accounts as well ,.Thers no adverse effects ?
Stealth accounts are the same as normal accounts. There is barely any difference in that, hence no adverse affects. I've been using all combinations of accounts, Personal eBay, Business eBay, Personal/Premier PayPal, Business PayPal - never had any issues.

But the best combination is a Business eBay, with a Personal/Premier PayPal. Keeps things very simple on both sides.
Bradd (08-21-2017)
Old 08-21-2017

Longevity: 41%

Advantages of a Business eBay Account

If VAT registered, you can enter your VAT number and subject to approval, have the VAT removed from the eBay fees (net invoices)

You can enter and show the VAT percentage that is applicable to the product/services being offered.

You are able to specify and display return policies, terms and conditions and business contact details

A different eBay fee structure that is typically less than is charged to private buyers
Old 08-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool25 View Post
If VAT registered, you can enter your VAT number and subject to approval, have the VAT removed from the eBay fees (net invoices)

You can enter and show the VAT percentage that is applicable to the product/services being offered.
Bradd is referring to stealth accounts. This does not apply to such accounts.

Quote:
You are able to specify and display return policies, terms and conditions and business contact details
I've seen no benefit in displaying your own terms and policies. eBay's policies take precedence, and buyers are unlikely to read anything other than your returns period.

Quote:
business contact details
Buyers can only see the address - I dont see how that is an advantage?

The phone number also shown will be removed in due course to comply with eBay's new changes.
Bradd (08-22-2017)
Old 08-26-2017

Longevity: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Buyers can only see the address - I dont see how that is an advantage?

The phone number also shown will be removed in due course to comply with eBay's new changes.
The phone number, business address and email will remain in the business contact details but will have to be removed from item description, pictures or anywhere else in the item listing to comply with the upcoming ebay policy changes. Ebay are becoming paranoid about sellers conducting business outside of ebay. The removal of a contact phone number from listing is going to be a pain for some sellers if their buyers need to ask for help or advice before buying an item from ebay. This can only result in more buyers wanting to return items they bought in error.
Old 08-26-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
The phone number, business address and email will remain in the business contact details but will have to be removed from item description, pictures or anywhere else in the item listing to comply with the upcoming ebay policy changes. Ebay are becoming paranoid about sellers conducting business outside of ebay. The removal of a contact phone number from listing is going to be a pain for some sellers if their buyers need to ask for help or advice before buying an item from ebay. This can only result in more buyers wanting to return items they bought in error.
Thanks for sharing. I tend to go directly to the contact number at the bottom of the page without having to sieve through listings.

I was under the impression they would obscure such details under business information. However, I'm sure they will be doing that in due course.

I can't see this making a big difference, a) people will just need to get used to seeing contact number at the end of a listing from now on and b) just include a returns slip with your contact details within each parcel.
Old 08-30-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
Blimey i remember the days you had to put a phone number in,, this was a pain for me ,,becouse i spent more time asnwering the phone than doing the labels,, so i put a non working phone number in ..Then i got don for bad comms DRS lol