Please help - PayPal issue. I'm so afraid :( - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-19-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Please help - PayPal issue. I'm so afraid :(

Hi all, not been on here for a while. Had some excellent advice 3 years ago and my account has been growing nicely - in fact, I've created an amazing business out of my stealth account. EBay is fine, however, PayPal slammed an account review on me this morning. Guessing it's the massive increase in sales in the past 3 months.
24-72 hours wait apparently. I've uploaded all necessary documents, information that they need.
However, they had to upgrade me to a business account as I've formed a LTD company.
Now the account is still under review - there is 20k in that account, although they are pretty confident that it will be fine tomorrow.
I'm freaking out a little but I know it's my own damn fault for leaving that much in there in the first place.
The problem that I have, is that there is a load of further information that they now want as I now have a business account. Apparently this isn't linked to the account review, and I have 3 months to do this. I have most of the items they need, company registration, photo ID, proof of address of the business etc.
The issue I have is when they ask for the company director info. My fella had his account blocked nearly 5/6 years ago on eBay. All they are asking for, for the director info is proof of address (which is different to when his account was blocked) and proof of ID (I have his passport so no address on it anyway) for his date of birth - which obviously is the same.
I am seriously worried they are going to link this PayPal account to my eBay account and get it blocked or lost.
I'm currently on ridiculous limits (I sell 30k a month). I have 4 employees who all rely on me to look after their families.
I am so so so afraid. Any words of advice? Please help :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Please help - PayPal issue. I'm so afraid :(

Anyone?

Old 09-19-2017

Longevity: 42%

There are services where you can get phake documents made to show proof of address. It may be your only option!

What do you sell?
Old 09-19-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmag91 View Post
There are services where you can get phake documents made to show proof of address. It may be your only option!

What do you sell?

Hi! Thanks for the response

I can do the proof of address thing, I'm just so worried they will link the name and date of birth.

I sell furniture - so another account in the future with a random address would be a nightmare for returns

Do you think they will check companies house for the details?

Old 09-19-2017
MU

Longevity: 38%

There's way out you can PM me to know more about this and this will help you a lot if you dont mind
Old 09-20-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppagent View Post
There's way out you can PM me to know more about this and this will help you a lot if you dont mind
I would prefer open forum discussion.

ppagent your posts are shady... I've deleted most of them. Read FAQ.
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
I would prefer open forum discussion.

ppagent your posts are shady... I've deleted most of them. Read FAQ.

Can you help? Please :( I'm just constantly worrying

Old 09-20-2017
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Sorry for your situation, wait of others UK or US members to chime in, you will get some good advice here.

I do not use UK eBay/PayPal and I haven't that much money going through my accounts... rely on experienced members.
The Following User Says Thank You to ilcarletto For This Useful Post:
kittyamnezia (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response, just praying someone can tell me whether a name and DOB can link accounts

Old 09-20-2017
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

A name and dob is enough to link an account. That doesn't mean they will do anything about it though. Just send what they are asking for and hope for the best.

On a side note, if you sell that sort of volume, it's a terrible idea to run it all through one account. You should be spreading that risk over atleast 5 accounts in my opinion. That way if one account gets a review/limited you only lose 20% of your business.

Rather than lose 100% of your income if your main one account gets shut down.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
A name and dob is enough to link an account. That doesn't mean they will do anything about it though. Just send what they are asking for and hope for the best.

On a side note, if you sell that sort of volume, it's a terrible idea to run it all through one account. You should be spreading that risk over atleast 5 accounts in my opinion. That way if one account gets a review/limited you only lose 20% of your business.

Rather than lose 100% of your income if your main one account gets shut down.

Hello! Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it nice to have others who know what they are doing with this sort of stuff.

The issue I have with running many different accounts, is returns. As I sell large furniture, I don't know how I get the items back to me without it being a problem :(

I have three months to complete this business info, hopefully when they lift the review today. So I guess I can prepare another account in that time incase it goes down.

Old 09-20-2017
just_smile

I'm guessing that you have a contract with a courier?

If it's financially viable why not offer to pay all returns? That way you can write off the low value items but still receive all the more expensive items back to your address.

You can also sign up using a 'random' address but add an accessible address to the returns section of ebay. Address variations can work here...
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
I'm guessing that you have a contract with a courier?

If it's financially viable why not offer to pay all returns? That way you can write off the low value items but still receive all the more expensive items back to your address.

You can also sign up using a 'random' address but add an accessible address to the returns section of ebay. Address variations can work here...

That makes sense, to just pay for all returns. To be honest, the actual items cost hardly anything. It's all the shipping and wrapping and it's expensive. I have a contract with the courier but they use tracking. Perhaps I should ask that they just deliver to my address instead of the one I put on the system?

I have two units next door to one another, I suppose I could use next door as a returns address? But it's extremely similar. Could that be flagged.

I really didn't think my business would grow as large as it has, and I'm really afraid I'll have to fire people. They are great employees and all of this is my fault :(

Old 09-20-2017
just_smile

If the items cost hardly anything, just write them off. No need to mess around with expensive returns.

Or, you can literally send a prepaid returns form with your unit address on it to the customer. It doesn't matter that it won't match your registered address on ebay. The customer will just be glad to not have to pay for the return. They never question why it's a different address.
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If the items cost hardly anything, just write them off. No need to mess around with expensive returns.

Or, you can literally send a prepaid returns form with your unit address on it to the customer. It doesn't matter that it won't match your registered address on ebay. The customer will just be glad to not have to pay for the return. They never question why it's a different address.

That is so true. I'll just have the expensive ones collected and write off the smaller ones . I don't have the highest returns rate for my smaller items anyway, so I guess that could work!

The Following User Says Thank You to kittyamnezia For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 45%

When buyers asks for return on my stealth,i just send a message to them with the real address,and it works for me few years.
The Following User Says Thank You to Den For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 88%

I send an A4 size sheet of paper with my real address and "return address" printed on it in large letters so they can't miss it.
I hope it all gets sorted in your favour kittyamnezia. Please keep us updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to luverlyjuberly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

I really hope so to,
They still haven't unlimited my PayPal account. Just sitting there, I'm unable to send money or book anything in. It's driving me mad. They have all the info, has anyone had this happen to them before?

Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 51%

Just seen your post now OP, firstly I’m truly sorry to learn of your experience and assure you this will be a huge advantage. You’ll look back in a years time and laugh. I was in similar situation few years ago with nearly 55k stuck in the account. Worst case scenario is they limit account for good and your funds are held for 180 days.

If I was you I wouldn’t waste a minute, look into back up accounts and as mentioned previously you’d be best off spreading your sales across a few accounts.

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way however believe me, it will just make you more determined against PP with the amount of misery they can cause... wish you all the best either way!
The Following User Says Thank You to zamzam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Just seen your post now OP, firstly I’m truly sorry to learn of your experience and assure you this will be a huge advantage. You’ll look back in a years time and laugh. I was in similar situation few years ago with nearly 55k stuck in the account. Worst case scenario is they limit account for good and your funds are held for 180 days.

If I was you I wouldn’t waste a minute, look into back up accounts and as mentioned previously you’d be best off spreading your sales across a few accounts.

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way however believe me, it will just make you more determined against PP with the amount of misery they can cause... wish you all the best either way!

Thank you so much really kind words of advice, most appreciated. Spreading across accounts is the way forward. Definitely agree!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to kittyamnezia For This Useful Post:
zamzam (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017

Longevity: 51%

In realtion to accepting returns, personally I just let the buyer keep items due to there low value which in return brings positive feedback. But if products have high value just arrange collection yourself via courier from the customer. They would just need to add return label which you could email over. Also next few months maybe difficult, especially if this was your only account but be sure never to leave a high amount in PP. Finally this can’t be emphasised enough but having a couple of accounts will cause less inconveniences should one be reviewed/ limited etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to zamzam For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2017

Longevity: 63%

hi
did they open the account agian