eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK eBay & Paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/)
-   -   Changing IP Address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay-paypal/12032-changing-ip-address.html)

trafficzombie 07-10-2009 05:13 AM

Changing IP Address

hey guys

a quick question if you could help please

when setting up new accounts (both ebay and paypal)

the bit I am concerned about is the IP address

When I change my IP address the only section that changes it the last two digits...

For example it could be

xx.xxx.xxx.23

then I do what is needed to change IP - and I also clear cookies, caches, flash cookies, etc, etc

and the new IP address then is for example

xx.xxx.xxx.14

Will this be OK - as it is a new IP address ... it;s just that the first bunch of numbers are the same...

And if this is not OK how do I go about changing the first lot of numbers as well as the last two

thanks in advance

oompaloompa 07-10-2009 05:22 AM

the last 2 digits is fine,( it is preferable to have more change ) but the last 1 or 2 is all you need, for it to be a different ip address from last. Keep an eye on it though because if it is really the last 2 only that means you only will have so many combinations before you repeat yourself on ip and therefore have same one again.

trafficzombie 07-10-2009 05:29 AM

thanks for confirming that

Just what I thought - evenif one number changes it is a different IP address

And yes I am keeping a record of IP numbers as and when i change them

thanks again

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 06:02 AM

It occurs to me that somebody should ask if you are changing the proper IP. There is a LAN IP and a WAN IP. WAN is the one you want changing.

Regarding the IP you mention above - does it start with 192.x.x.x ?? Can you give the first set of digits (before the first '.') and briefly state the method you are using to change? Are you working with a DSL box or a Cable Modem?

GreenBean 07-10-2009 06:38 AM

^^^Why you are complicating matters? :faint: In the case of the OP, I think he is checking if the two last digit changes are acceptable for stealth
Re-read his second post....what you think?:peace:

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 06:44 AM

What I think is - if OP has a question this general, it is possible OP is not changing the correct IP, but instead changing local IP of wireless adapter or network card.

This stuff is tricky at first, for people. Just asking, to be sure we're all ON THE SAME CHANNEL.

This happened a couple weeks ago in a different thread. I posted screenshots, if you recall.

GreenBean 07-10-2009 06:48 AM

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty of the IP changing, then the thread would be in the nitty-gritty IP changing sub-forum. tbf, this is/was a generalized question :peace:

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 07:21 AM

Then the general answer is - if any one single digit of the IP changes, it is DIFFERENT in the eyes of ebay PP auto-bots. But they are checking WAN IP, so be sure that is what is changing.

Ebayorbust 07-10-2009 10:13 AM

Hi,

With regards to this WAN IP address:

I am using IPburger.com to check my IP address when I reset my router. The number displayed on the site does change when I reset the router.

Is this the WAN IP that IPburger displays?

Regards.

oompaloompa 07-10-2009 10:25 AM

yes WAN ip is what youll find on ipburger and whatsmyip etc..

LAN - isnt that just your networks code, I dont know much about that but maybe Vic can elaborate, is there something we need to worry about with LAN and multiple accounts, it doesnt isolate or link our activities in any way?

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 10:30 AM

LAN is the internal network. It has an IP address which is only seen within your network. That one doesn't matter at all. WAN is the external network address that the rest of the world sees when you visit other sites. WAN is the one you want changing.

If you check IP burger and then change router MAC and IP burger shows a different number - you're doing it right and all will be fine (in regards to the IP linking).

It is better if the WAN changes more significantly than just 2 digits. But any change is good for you.

trafficzombie 07-10-2009 11:52 AM

My IP starts with 90... I too use IPburger.com to check my IP, if when I check on there and it changes then I presume that is fine ?

Whaen i change them what i do is clear cookies, chache, etc, etc

run cmd...ipconfig/release..... turn router off overnight then re connect....

Is this OK?

oompaloompa 07-10-2009 11:57 AM

that sounds good, seperate windows users for each ebay/pp account pair too. I just turn pc on off and check ip, no need for overnight necessarily, see what works for you anyway..

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 12:11 PM

Use separate windows user accounts. Don't delete the cache and all that, it makes you look shifty in the eyes of the ebay bots. The easy way to switch IP is to go into your router setup, change the MAC address. Reboot the modem (not the router), and forget all the other steps you've been taking. You don't release or renew. You don't wait 20 seconds.

trafficzombie 07-10-2009 12:13 PM

How do I set up different Windows Users ?

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 12:16 PM

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts > Create a new account > fill in the info

(yes, user accounts twice in a row, if you use XP - dunno about Fistya)

trafficzombie 07-10-2009 12:22 PM

ok thanks for your help everyone...fingers crossed.....

Vicvelcro 07-10-2009 12:23 PM

Nah. You'll be alright. If you hit a jam, just keep asking.

Cachufleta 11-22-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWderPUFgrl (Post 94819)
Use separate windows user accounts. Don't delete the cache and all that, it makes you look shifty in the eyes of the ebay bots. The easy way to switch IP is to go into your router setup, change the MAC address. Reboot the modem (not the router), and forget all the other steps you've been taking. You don't release or renew. You don't wait 20 seconds.

Hi! Ive just installed a router. Is there a way I can go back and forth to a specific IP? I see if I turn off automatic DHCP, router would let me force a fixed IP. But dont know the procedures 1- release 2- fix ip 3- renew?

Before I installed the router I just did this thorugh network control panel, TCP/IP config.. released, forced an ip, renewed... and most of the times I got the old IP I wanted (if it was being used, i would be assigned a new one)

Is this possible too with a router?

thanks

Cachufleta 11-22-2009 04:33 PM

Ive just found my answer on this very useful post:

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-tr...d-numbers.html

So if you are looking to switch between controlled ip numbers on a wireless network, that solves it.