Paypal Lifting Limits Help - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 12-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Paypal Lifting Limits Help

I have been using my first stealth account for 2 months with no problems, but I am now approaching my limit on PayPal, I have full verification on bank account and credit card. I currently can only receive £1900 per year.

I have went through the lifting limits process, the "provide more information" failed as they could not find me but I have passed the additional phone verification, all items are ticked as complete but my limit remains unchanged. Please see attachment.

Beside the "provide more information” section it says the following, "Unfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead," but this section is ticked as complete and there is no option to send more information.

I would like some advice on what to do next, I don't want to contact Paypal unless it is totally necessary.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paypal.jpg (17.6 KB, 53 views)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-27-2010

after they did not verify your details did you have to do phone verification

"Unfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead,"

After that did you do by phone ?

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 12-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Yes, I tried three time to verify my information, as they could not find me I then completed the phone verfication again, which worked fine.
Old 12-27-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

advice for lifting your account limits: use multiple accounts
Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Nbrady I had the exact same thing happen to me, did the phone verification and still wasn't enough. Did you manage to get it sorted out?

I'm tempted to call Paypal, i'm guessing they will ask me for ID, if it's just a utility bill then no problems, full id will take longer. Don't want to call them until I withdraw all my cash first!
Old 01-25-2011

Longevity: 77%

I had the exact same problem with 2 of my accounts. Here is what to do.... Go in the profile bit, click 'add credit or debit card', next to where your already added card is, it will have your address and underneath that it will say 'link and confirm my card'. You need to click this, then they charge £1 to your card. Check your online statement in 2 days (or if using a vcc it is visiable straight away) and by where it has the £1 charge, there will be 'PPCODExxxx. Type the 4 numbers into paypal and her presto - All limits lifted!!!

This 100% works as i know from personal experience on more than one occasion. Good luck and let me know how it goes
The Following User Says Thank You to andyf777 For This Useful Post:
cristofonline (08-30-2012)
Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Superb Andy

I did this, now have to wait a couple of days

One thing I noticed though, when I checked my VCC I see there was already a Paypal transaction yesterday when I actually addedd the VCC. D0 you think I should try entering this amount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyf777 View Post
I had the exact same problem with 2 of my accounts. Here is what to do.... Go in the profile bit, click 'add credit or debit card', next to where your already added card is, it will have your address and underneath that it will say 'link and confirm my card'. You need to click this, then they charge £1 to your card. Check your online statement in 2 days (or if using a vcc it is visiable straight away) and by where it has the £1 charge, there will be 'PPCODExxxx. Type the 4 numbers into paypal and her presto - All limits lifted!!!

This 100% works as i know from personal experience on more than one occasion. Good luck and let me know how it goes
Old 01-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

It's ok they sent the code immediately.

Andy you have no idea how much man love I feel for you right now!

Major thanks

Old 01-25-2011

Haha, no probs, glad to assist!
Old 02-19-2011

hi i've done all this but its still saying view limits.. all the verification have been done. I've contacted paypal and they said that their review have to take a few days, even if its still 100% verified. I just dont want to sell anything else until this limits have been lifted.
Old 02-20-2011

Longevity: 95%

This is the same for me. I've also done all of the verification steps including the credit card verification on 3 different accounts so far this year.

On the 1st the limits were all lifted once I'd done the Credit card verification.

The 2nd it didn't and I ended up having to email paypal 6 times until the £1900 receiving limit was finally removed.

The 3rd account again after completing all steps including the credit card verification the receiving limit was still there. Have emailed them about 4 times so far and basically all 4 responses are along the lines of the below:

"Dear XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting PayPal regarding the limits on your account which are not yet lifted after completing all the steps to do so.

I am sorry for the confusion this has caused. I know this could be frustrating and I hope that by clarifying this situation and offering you the right advice I can help you resolve this.

I checked your account and I can confirm that you have a Verified Premier PayPal account and the sending and withdrawal limits on the account are lifted. As for the receiving limit, rest assured that since you have completed the steps to lift this, once you reach the actual receiving limit, you will be given notification about this and your account will be reviewed for the limit to be lifted then.

I believe this will address your concern. We appreciate your being a valued customer of PayPal. Should you need further assistance regarding this matter please contact us. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

Jill Irene PayPal"

Apart emailing them over and over again hoping to get someone at paypal who will finally remove this limit I can't see much else there is that can be done to sort this for sure.
Old 02-21-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Have you tried calling them directly now? Since you have the e-mails, a live agent can do it quickly.
Old 02-21-2011

Longevity: 78%

I have the same issue, this is my first stealth account, have received and withdrawn a bit but not reached any where near the £1900 limit yet.
I did the phone verification but still asking for documents but no link so I have linked the card, just wait for the code and see what happens.
Hope they dont want documents as I have none!!!
Old 02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Have you tried calling them directly now? Since you have the e-mails, a live agent can do it quickly.
No I haven't and I never have before because I'm basically worried I may end up comprimising the account in some way.

I've only ever emailed them.

I have however got another different reply back from them:

"Dear XXXXX

I have reviewed your account and I can see that all of you have no limits on your account.

Below I have put information on how you can make payments using PayPal. You can add money to your PayPal account balance from your bank account.It takes approximately 5 to 7 working days for the money to post to youraccount.

You don’t need to have money in your PayPal account to send a payment. You can send money directly from a bank account, a credit card, or a debit card. You may send payments to anyone with an email address using the following payment methods: • PayPal Balance (Instant)• Instant Bank Transfer (Instant)• Debit or Credit card (Instant)• eCheque (takes 5 - 7 working days) 1. Balance: • Transfer to recipient occurs immediately• If you have more than one positive currency balance, the entire amountwill be funded from the selected currency.• If the balance used to send the payment is insufficient, it may default to another currency balance depending on the amount offunds available. 2. Instant Bank Transfer: To perform an instant transfer from your bank account, you must have a debit card or credit card added to your PayPal account. • Transfer to recipient occurs immediately• If the amount in your PayPal balance is sufficient to fund the entire payment your bank account will not be used.• To use Instant Bank Transfer, you must have added and confirmed your bank account to your PayPal account. 3. Debit/Credit Card: • The transfer occurs immediately• If the amount in your PayPal balance and/or bank account is sufficientto fund the entire payment your credit card will not be used. 4. eCheque: A transfer from your bank account. A credit or debit card or secondary bank account is not required for backup.• This method of transferring money is NOT immediate.• eCheque payments takes 5 - 7 working days to complete. This time framerefers to the completion of the entire transfer, not simply the time it takes for funds to be debited from the bank.• When you send money by eCheque, PayPal will debit your bank account for the full payment amount, regardless of your PayPal account balance. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Ruari
PayPal"

Have check my account and not surprisingly the Receiving Limit is still there regardless of what they have said. So no its a case of emailing them until they get it removed by the looks of it.

Not sure what they included all the info about adding money to my account as i didn't ask anything about that in the 1st place!??? Still thats paypal for you.
Old 02-22-2011

i had the same problem.

so i removed the card i added and it all went away, everything is now o.k

no limits nothing

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
Old 02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
i had the same problem.

so i removed the card i added and it all went away, everything is now o.k

no limits nothing
Just to check do you mean you took the old card off and replaced with another one or just took the card off and didn't replace it?
Old 02-23-2011

its a new paypal policy.. under EU money laundering laws the limits are still in place until you reach the 1900 limit. if for any reason they need more information from you they will contact you when the 1650 limit is approaching. If no information is required then when the 1900 limit is reached it will disappear. Thats the latest information paypal has given to me in writing. so please stop worrying until such time. hope this helps
Old 02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ets View Post
its a new paypal policy.. under EU money laundering laws the limits are still in place until you reach the 1900 limit. if for any reason they need more information from you they will contact you when the 1650 limit is approaching. If no information is required then when the 1900 limit is reached it will disappear. Thats the latest information paypal has given to me in writing. so please stop worrying until such time. hope this helps
Yes they've also given me various reasons in writing including what you have just said. Its just that they tend to vary some what when they explain it.

Examples being when the limit approaches then they will ask for additional inofrmation.

Or As your account is already verified then as soon as you reach this amount it will just disappear.

Or another one saying its a computer glich in their system which they are working on to fix and then say they have removed the limit. When in fact you check your account and find the limit still there.

When you get so many different reasons in writing from them as I have it tends to worry me what will happen. As I don't really want to have an account that I've wasted using a precious bank account on to create only to find I can only take out around £1900 if the receiving limit does not just disappear once rached.

Also the EU money laudering law they say they are doing this for. How come I've managed to get rid of this limit on 2 of the paypal account I have created this year? Before having any money received in either.

It does make me wonder.....
Old 02-24-2011

I've got nn Update on this.

I've managed to get a fully verified with NO limits (No not even the receiving limit) paypal account.

Created it on Monday. Completed all the steps. Did the Banking verification today. However I didn't do the credit card verification. Didn't need to as once the banking verification was completed not only was it shown as verified but also ALL of the limits had gone.

Now what would this be?

The only theories I can come up with are:

1. I created this paypal account before even attempting to create an ebay one let alone link them. Maybe that had something to do with it.

2. This time I made sure the address I used in creating the paypal account was real in every single detail. Except the name of course. Or maybe this was the reason.

Beyond these possibles I can't think of any other reason for this suddenly working. Especially as this EU money laundering thing that paypal have mentioned many times before is supposed to place the receiving limit on the account regardless.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-24-2011

By the way still trying after 2+ weeks to get my other paypal account's receiving limit I was refering to above Lifted. Without any joy.

Although they are now emailing me saying all limits have been lifted......when they haven't been.

So I suppose thats some sort of progress.
Old 02-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

What bank did you use for the PP with all the limits removed by just adding a bank account?

This could have something to do with it. Some of those crap online only pay-for banks may not have the powers a large established bank may have with PP.

Having said that, I have accounts with PP which still have that £1900 limit, even after doing everything on the checklist with a good bank. How **** is PP saying to do what is on the checklist and they will remove the limits and then still limiting the account to £1900. I know PP always tell lies and generally always answer with a copy and paste job, but this £1900 thing may be quite annoying to users.

It probably has nothing to do with the address being real, as all my accounts are set up with real addresses and the £1900 limit is there.
Old 02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay King View Post
What bank did you use for the PP with all the limits removed by just adding a bank account?

This could have something to do with it. Some of those crap online only pay-for banks may not have the powers a large established bank may have with PP.

Having said that, I have accounts with PP which still have that £1900 limit, even after doing everything on the checklist with a good bank. How **** is PP saying to do what is on the checklist and they will remove the limits and then still limiting the account to £1900. I know PP always tell lies and generally always answer with a copy and paste job, but this £1900 thing may be quite annoying to users.

It probably has nothing to do with the address being real, as all my accounts are set up with real addresses and the £1900 limit is there.

I used the Co-Operative Bank for the account I got verifed and the receiving limits removed on without even having to do the credit card verification.

I also used the same bank (but different account of course) on the paypal account I created last month but didn't get the receiving limit removed until I emailed them over and over and completed the credit card verification part.

So don't think its anything to do with which bank I used.

Yep it is annoying. Even more so when they end up emailing you by saying there are no limits on your account and then surprise surprise you check your account and there is STILL the receiving limit on there.

Or they give different reasons/excuses for this limit being on there in the first place. Most annoying of all being this EU law they claim as the reason. If thats true then how come I've managed to have this limit removed in 3 of the 4 accounts I've created this year? Makes me wonder what sort of law it is when you just have to keep on asking about it to get it lifted. Some law!