Home  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

If you bought eBay Stealth or Amazon Ghost, you can get six-months free as a paid subscriber.

Being a Subscribed Member grants you access to the private forums, live forum chat, larger PM box, and no pop-ups ads among other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 03:28 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

Activity: 10%
Longevity: 31%

When you set up the account they ask you how to pay fees. If you say PayPal, it needs to have a bank account attached; a PayPal account with no bank will not work for paying fees. And if you say credit card, they still want you to link to a verified PayPal after completing the seller account setup. This seems to be accepted as fact and that is why I am confused when you (GrannyT) described what I said as rubbish... I know that is was different in the past but today this appears to be what happens.

Last edited by Elijah; 07-13-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Read the complete step-by-step suspension guide and get back to selling today!

Old 07-13-2012, 03:44 PM

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%

If something is said often enough and if enough people agree with it that does not make it true - that makes it common belief

There has been a lot of talk about opening bank accounts and what is legal and what is not. What I am about to say applies only to the UK - and I do stress that.

It is a quirk of UK law that has come down through the years through judicial law that in the UK you can call yourself anything you want and, provided you are not doing it for illegal purposes that is perfectly legal. Thus, if you wish to be known as Father Christmas then Father Christmas you will be. You just need to make a statement in the proper format and submit that to the passport office or the DVLA and they will re-issue your documents in your new name.

If you open a bank account in your new name using these new documents you have not broken the law - provided you are not doing it to launder the proceeds of CRIMINAL activities - this caveat is very important.

If at a latter stage you decide you no longer want to be know as Father Christmas but want to be known as Knobby Knobrot then that is your perogative - there is no limit in UK law to the number of times you can change your name. If you fail to tell your bank that you have changed your name that really is sloppy of you - but is not illegal - provided you are not doing it for CRIMINAL purposes or to launder the proceeds of CRIMINAL acts.

If you knowingly profer foo-foo documents to the bank then that is like driving without insurance - it is black and white and you are guilty - no excuses - you are guilty of offering a false instrument for criminal purposes.

It was long held that savers accounts could not be used and everyone repeated it - try telling that to TizWoz - he will laugh at you - but it became a truism.

People on this forum offer advise to the best of their knowledge and with the best of intentions but it is not always factually correct - no matter how many times it may be repeated

We must all learn to think laterally - outside the box - and we will find there are LEGAL ways around every single problem
The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
SUVE (11-18-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

Judging by your reply you only ready the second part of my post? I was saying that it does not appear to be allowed by eBay at all and it seemed that "everyone" knew this. And what the heck has paragraphs 2-6 got to do with selling without verified PayPal?

Have you had a bit too much to drink this Friday evening?

Last edited by Elijah; 07-13-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah View Post

Have you had a bit too much to drink this Friday evening?
Not yet LOL

The point I am making is that just because you say it is true - it aint necessarily so - all that's true is you haven't found a way around it.

So you say you have to have a verified Paypal - not true

People say you cannot use different details with a bank - not true

People say you cannot use saver accounts - not true

Make it clear you are giving opinions or things as you know them - they are not facts
SUVE (11-18-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
When you set up the account they ask you how to pay fees. If you say PayPal, it needs to have a bank account attached; a PayPal account with no bank will not work for paying fees. And if you say credit card, they still want you to link to a verified PayPal after completing the seller account setup. This seems to be accepted as fact and that is why I am confused when you (GrannyT) described what I said as rubbish... I know that is was different in the past but today this appears to be what happens.
The key word here is VERIFIED.

You can have a p/p account WITH an UNCONFIRMED bank account attached that would feasibly allow you to sell, albeit with a low selling limit and would satisfy e/b as to payment method for seller fees.
SUVE (11-18-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post

You can have a p/p account WITH an UNCONFIRMED bank account attached that would feasibly allow you to sell, albeit with a low selling limit and would satisfy e/b as to payment method for seller fees.
Think laterally every time
Old 07-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 78%

"If your PayPal is not verified then you cannot sell in the first place." - Elijah

^ This is fiction. See my post in this very thread: 06-24-2012, 06:24 PM

"People on this forum offer advise to the best of their knowledge and with the best of intentions but it is not always factually correct - no matter how many times it may be repeated" - GrannyT

^ This is fact.

Quite often stories are told on the forum that X,Y and Z doesn't work...but in reality they do work.

Often people "assume" there is a distilled truth in the prophetic-esque sapience dispelled by members with a high post-count. Although their pearls of wisdom are usually true... but not always. This results in a segue to a "commonly held belief", as noted by GT. I have found that experimenting for yourself will often yield surprise and truth. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Can we stop squabbling now?

Last edited by cortex; 07-13-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortex View Post
"If your PayPal is not verified then you cannot sell in the first place." - Elijah

^ This is fiction.

"People on this forum offer advise to the best of their knowledge and with the best of intentions but it is not always factually correct - no matter how many times it may be repeated" - GrannyT

^ This is fact.

Quite often stories are told on the forum that X,Y and Z doesn't work...but in reality they do work.

Often people "assume" there is a distilled truth in the prophetic-esque sapience dispelled by members with a high post-count. Although their pearls of wisdom are usually true... but not always. This results in a segue to a "commonly held belief", as noted by GT. I have found that experimenting for yourself will often yield surprise and truth. There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.

Can we stop squabbling now?
You will do for me Cortex
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post

That does not work either in my experience... they only accept the bank if it is confirmed. They will simply ignore the bank account if not confirmed. Having a verified PayPal without a confirmed bank account attached did not work when I tried.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Having a verified PayPal without a confirmed bank account attached did not work when I tried.

How did you manage to do this? Verified without a bank that is...
Old 07-13-2012, 04:19 PM

As you rightly say Elijah - in your experience
SUVE (11-18-2012)
Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

Just add a savings account to verify your account and have it kicked at some point. Job done. lol

I removed it and added it back before it was kicked. eBay ignored the account entirely.

Last edited by Elijah; 07-13-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Executive [VIP]

This is so old. ZZZzzz...
Old 07-13-2012, 04:23 PM

Longevity: 45%

anyone care to answer my question about 10 posts up made just a few hours ago before this thread went all weirdy-wierd?!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM
Executive [VIP]

^ If you have access to the address then you are in a very fortunate position to raise your selling limit. What happens after that ... is your own destiny.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:28 PM

Threads have a tendency to go that way - especially if I open my 'north & south'
Old 07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 11%

Quote:
That does not work either in my experience... they only accept the bank if it is confirmed. They will simply ignore the bank account if not confirmed. Having a verified PayPal without a confirmed bank account attached did not work when I tried.
Who only accepts the bank?

You can't have a verified p/p without a CONFIRMED bank account attached but you can still have a p/p account with an UNCONFIRMED bank account attached.

e/b do not specify the p/p account needs to be verified in order to sell.

You will probably only ever have a 10 limit but can accept and make payment within the initial sending and receiving limits specified by p/p on new accounts.

You also can't withdraw funds but that is not the issue as they can still be spent.

Last edited by NoneOther; 07-13-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

I am currently selling on a Unverified PP ACC but yes the limits will be 10.

But one of my other accounts tried selling using BIN and it requested that I had to attach a bank account which I did.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:57 PM

Longevity: 52%

I opened an account 2 weeks ago. It said I had a 10 item limit per month. There was either a 'learn more' link, or a 'request higher selling limits' link. I clicked it. I had to verify some info, and maybe get a pin number sent to my phone (cant quite remember now). In any case, I did what they asked and the limit was immediately increased to 100 items per month. Ta-da!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Subscribed [VIP]*

Lucky you....

I am still waiting for my 100 items/month