USB Dongle ip addresses - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 02-08-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleX View Post
Yep, just put the sim and your good to go. Can also connect multiple devices at once.
Not always a good option when stealthing

Old 02-08-2013

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoneOther View Post
Not always a good option when stealthing
True, but I was mainly referring to how useful a mifi unit is, over the likes of a USB dongle.
Old 02-09-2013

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Guys I HIGHLY recommend mifi units such as the Huawei E586 boasting 3G speeds of up to 21Mbps, and can be had for £40 on eB. Thats faster than some peoples broadband speeds. USB dongles are soooo slow for multiple stealth's.

Whats the point ?

its funny how that number matches the maximum a mobile broadband could ever reach but it will never happen the way the things are.

As i remeber the top providers only offer speeds of 7.2 and o2 offers speeds of 3.6 unless things have changed.

Quality of hardware used inside the dongals can help

As i remeber ZTE used to rule.

i would say if you have a good quality phone, your probaly better of tethering as the wifi hardware will be much better than in most if not every mobile dongal.

but that does nothing for mobile black spots, what you have to find out is, who has most masts around your way, who provides the best mobile service in your area probaly provides best mobile bradband.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif

Last edited by Stigger; 02-09-2013 at 10:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2013

Longevity: 65%

on my samsumg galaxy s3 i can get speeds of around 500kbs download fine and press data and given a Fresh IP. (ee)

my home connection is 140kbs lol!
Old 02-11-2013

Longevity: 90%

I use my mobile phone to connect to the internet, most modern smartphones have a built in modem, my phones modem operates using HSDPA which is faster than 3G. I bought an O2 Huwaei or whatever brand modem / dongle to use as a back up and I found that its considerably slower than connecting via my mobile phone (tethering). When I connect my phone to my laptop via the USB cable I regularly have a download speed of over 5mb - sometimes as high as 9-10 mb which is definetely faster than some folk get from their landline broadband. And as long as I behave myself and dont start downloading loads of films or watching BBC Iplayer on my mobile broadband I've been getting 3-4 GB usage per month for only a tenner per month for the past 2+ years, although it went up to £12 for the unlimited data package a few months ago. That also includes 250 minutes calls and unlimited texts. Not bad eh! If anyone wants a FREE SIM with £5 FREE credit once you top up with your first months top up of £10 get in touch with me and I'll have one sent to you.
Old 02-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizWoz View Post
Whats the point ?

its funny how that number matches the maximum a mobile broadband could ever reach but it will never happen the way the things are.

As i remeber the top providers only offer speeds of 7.2 and o2 offers speeds of 3.6 unless things have changed.

Quality of hardware used inside the dongals can help

As i remeber ZTE used to rule.

i would say if you have a good quality phone, your probaly better of tethering as the wifi hardware will be much better than in most if not every mobile dongal.

but that does nothing for mobile black spots, what you have to find out is, who has most masts around your way, who provides the best mobile service in your area probaly provides best mobile bradband.
Three have already started using DC-HSPA+ technology, which is basically dual channel 3G, so it would in theory double the maximum speed available to you right now. So getting a quality mobile modem that supports DC-HSPA+ or even HSPA+ will truly help.

They say DC-HSPA+ is just behind LTE/4G in areas of good reception, getting speeds of up 43Mbps (15-20Mbps + in the real world), which is not bad at all considering you pay no more than your paying for 3G now. A buddy of mine, get constantly gets 18-20 Mbps on his E3256 (DC-HSPA+ USB modem).

The only cost is the USB dongle/modem. You can get a Huawei E3256 for £25-30 on eB. Get this with a Three 12GB/1 year pre paid data card sim for £35 on eB, and your data and connection needs are taken care of for less than £70 for the whole year.

I also agree with what TizWoz said about finding out what provider works best in your area, as the best solution for me, may not be right for you.
Old 03-09-2013

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Three have already started using DC-HSPA+ technology, which is basically dual channel 3G, so it would in theory double the maximum speed available to you right now. So getting a quality mobile modem that supports DC-HSPA+ or even HSPA+ will truly help.

They say DC-HSPA+ is just behind LTE/4G in areas of good reception, getting speeds of up 43Mbps (15-20Mbps + in the real world), which is not bad at all considering you pay no more than your paying for 3G now. A buddy of mine, get constantly gets 18-20 Mbps on his E3256 (DC-HSPA+ USB modem).

The only cost is the USB dongle/modem. You can get a Huawei E3256 for £25-30 on eB. Get this with a Three 12GB/1 year pre paid data card sim for £35 on eB, and your data and connection needs are taken care of for less than £70 for the whole year.

I also agree with what TizWoz said about finding out what provider works best in your area, as the best solution for me, may not be right for you.
Hiya,

If I were to buy the USB dongle/modem from ebay, and the per paid data card sim, would this only provide me with one IP address? Or do I have to purchase multiple sims to obtain multiple IP's with a dongle?

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackphilip View Post
Hiya,

If I were to buy the USB dongle/modem from ebay, and the per paid data card sim, would this only provide me with one IP address? Or do I have to purchase multiple sims to obtain multiple IP's with a dongle?

Thanks.
Virtually all dongles assign a new IP address each time they connect. You'll need to be specific about what network etc so that the correct advice can be given.

As has been said above, the most important factor is network coverage in your area - start with that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
Jackphilip (03-10-2013), RetroRedneck (08-18-2014)
Old 03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackphilip View Post
Hiya,

Thanks.
No you do not need multiple sims to get multiple IP's. The pre paid data card I was referring to was from Three, and they like most, if not all mobile broadband providers in the UK, use dynamic IP's, so you will get a new IP number issued, each time you connect, all by using a single sim.

But like Ebayorbust said, it would be good idea to find out what network operates best in your area before committing to a particular provider.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SimpleX For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (08-21-2014), Jackphilip (03-10-2013)
Old 11-27-2013

Longevity: 60%
Default Re: USB Dongle ip addresses

Hi, Im new to stealth. Been banned for a few years and just managed to get a account which i have got decent feedback on. Im thinking off opening a few more accounts.

I have read this thread and has been a great help. Could someboday tell me though, If i tether through my iphone or use my ipad (which has a 3g sim) will that give me a different ip every time i connect or do i need a dongle?
Old 01-14-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Went and got my first dongle today.
I ended up going with t-mobile and got a HUAWEI E3131 HSPA+USB stick. I didn't ask whether IP was dynamic or fixed. If anyone knows, if you could confirm that this one is kosher, please?

For anyone interested. What persuaded me, was I got this dongle for £10 for 3months use. The staff shared a loophole that I could exploit to get it cheap, which was very kind of them. If I chose a home broadband deal, they said, included is a dongle and three months data! All I have to do is cancel the broadband within 14 days and I get to keep the dongle. Otherwise, the dongle would have cost £30 and other stores, vodaphone and three were offering dongle with 2gb and 1gb for around £25.
I went to computer exchange to see whether they had a dongle I could buy, so i could just get sim, but they didn't so, I was looking at laying out some extra money to get the dongle And the sim package. I thought £10 was a pretty good deal for both in the end.

If this is useful for anyone else in the uk i wanted to let you know that this is currently (january 2014) on offer.
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

IP on that is more than likely to be dynamic.

Static IP's on dongles are expensive and generally have to be specifically asked for.

Easy to test to make sure,
Plug it in - Record your IP
Unplug it
Plug it in again - compare new to old IP
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
livingdaylight (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014

Longevity: 86%

I have a T mobile dongle and it definitely gives a different IP address at each login.
Old 01-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglouis999 View Post
I have a T mobile dongle and it definitely gives a different IP address at each login.
Not 100% guaranteed all the time

IP addresses must still be tracked.
Old 01-15-2014

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Guys I HIGHLY recommend mifi units such as the Huawei E586 boasting 3G speeds of up to 21Mbps, and can be had for £40 on eB. Thats faster than some peoples broadband speeds. USB dongles are soooo slow for multiple stealth's.
Do these come unlocked, and would i just need to place a sim in there? I cant see how it would work different to a dongle however in terms of speed?
The Following User Says Thank You to mynameis For This Useful Post:
livingdaylight (01-15-2014)
Old 01-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Post 6 gives few options with pricing (post by Batman)
Old 01-15-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
Do these come unlocked, and would i just need to place a sim in there? I cant see how it would work different to a dongle however in terms of speed?
One of the mifi units sound good.
3 do one which attaches up to 5 devices and the newer one and more expensive can hook up up to 10 devices. Not that that is what we want for stealth account, but still just in general. Its the speed and functionality. Not sure about battery life. battery life is always less than advertised on electronics
Old 08-14-2014

Longevity: 56%

Bought a cheap wifi dongle from china. Do I just plug it in and get a new ip or do I have to set up a monthly plan?
Old 08-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BannedAgain View Post
Bought a cheap wifi dongle from china. Do I just plug it in and get a new ip or do I have to set up a monthly plan?
Are you sure its a Dongle? Or is it an adapter for the computer to get wifi from your wireless router?
Old 08-15-2014

Longevity: 56%

It is a dongle; it says "Wifi" on it.
Old 08-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad9a9 View Post
Hi,

I have a few stealth accounts and have purchased an o2 usb dongle to switch between the accounts (was assuming IP address will change evertime i log in).

Ive noticed however, that although the ip address changes everytime i reset the dongle it also changes whilst im using it!!!! so there is a risk that it could revert to an ip address while im using it with one that ive used on my other account!!

Does anyone have a usb dongle that keeps the same ip address until you reset it, as opposed to changing whilst your using it (my o2 one changes every 20 mins roughly).

I want to buy a new usb dongle with another provider but want to make sure its one where ip address stays the same until you switch it off.

Thanks
I cant see it changing ip address while connected dont make sense
Old 08-15-2014

get a Samsung s5 or similar with unlimited tethering sim card on 3 network pay as go £20.00 a month
cheap as chips and brill for stealth