Going to create my first stealth account. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-19-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Going to create my first stealth account.

Right, I've been here for a while however to this day i have not created a stealth account. I've purchased eBay Stealth and all which was a while back. The reason for creating a stealth account is that my selling limit is stopping me from further sales.

What i want to know is, is it not possible to use any UK bank when using a completely different name on PayPal or will i get calls from the bank? Someone with first hand experience on this issue please share because as far as i am aware there are problems with certain banks accepting transfers in other names but what exactly is the outcome?

Also, if you have more than two stealth accounts, how many are you running currently if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.

P.S Am i right in assuming new eBay accounts are capped at £600 selling allowances per month?

Last edited by mynameis; 05-19-2013 at 01:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,194 Times in 3,993 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 63%

As you say certain banks do have issues, such as Lloyd's who for me in the past refused the 2 small deposits by PP due to mismatching names. I use Smile now for nearly all my accounts

I have approx 30 accounts that are currently in constant rotating use, and another 30 that I am building up very slowly.

Nearly all accounts are capped at £600, but there are exceptions to the rule sometimes, seems to be random but sometimes you can get higher limits.
Old 05-19-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 75%

For how long have they been capped at £600?
Old 05-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,194 Times in 3,993 Posts
Activity: 21%
Longevity: 63%

Depends how much you sell. Sell to the max each month and they will eventually go up. No set formula for it though, its just decided by the wizards at EB with their magic balls.
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameis View Post
Right, I've been here for a while however to this day i have not created a stealth account. I've purchased eBay Stealth and all which was a while back. The reason for creating a stealth account is that my selling limit is stopping me from further sales.
Sometimes it works better to wait before making a stealth account. Allows plenty of time to grasp what to do.

Quote:
What i want to know is, is it not possible to use any UK bank when using a completely different name on PayPal or will i get calls from the bank? Someone with first hand experience on this issue please share because as far as i am aware there are problems with certain banks accepting transfers in other names but what exactly is the outcome?
from my own UK experiences, I have no issues with calls from a bank in regards to name variations. I use business names & avoid hassles like insufficient funds in an account. I avoid doing anything to bring attention to myself.
Some banks closed the accounts of users who had what they termed too many accounts. {Look for posts by Elijah.Good explanation by him. I'll try to find the thread later}. There are reports from time to time of users not being able to get bank accounts because of credit issues. That's not specific to your question though.

Quote:
Also, if you have more than two stealth accounts, how many are you running currently if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.
More than enough, thanks

Quote:
P.S Am i right in assuming new eBay accounts are capped at £600 selling allowances per month?
Avoid that word. Selling allowances vary between accounts. To me the allowances always comes down to what type of account is made. I always verify & confirm paypal before attaching that to an ebay. I have managed to get higher limits.
Hope this helps

Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

As I mentioned. Below is the thread where Elijah speaks of bank accounts (Post 14).

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...k-natwest.html