Help with Ebay seller - scamming me - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-13-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 59%
Default Help with Ebay seller - scamming me

I won and paid £40 for an item on Ebay middle of March last month the seller claims he sent the item via UPS - nothing arrived so I chased the seller up

This is the sellers response

""AS explained earlier the item was sent by UPS shop to shop service and the item was delivered as below:- Delivered by UPS - To be collected from - LOWER FAIR CONVENIENCE STORE, 9-7, The Park have confirmed that the parcel was delivered to this shop at 09.48am on 28th March 2014, which was within 2 days of posting it. UPS had your mobile number and email address, as shown on the PayPal invoice, to contact you once the item had reached that shop. As far as I am concerned, I have fulfilled my commitment to you. If you confirm you have not received notification from UPS I will take it further. Have you had notification and not collected the parcel, as you appear to believe the item was to be delivered direct to you. "

This idiot has clearly sent my order to the wrong address and is now fobbing me off...he has not sent it to the address on paypal but to some other address why i have no idea

I have raised this in ebay...how can i respond to the above?

Last edited by amysworld; 04-13-2014 at 06:02 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%
Default Re: Help with Ebay seller - scamming me

Looks like you supposed to collect it from a store... What's the point of that?
I don't call this 'delivery' at all. Did you know about this delivery method before purchasing the item?

Do you have the tracking number? If you do you can call ups and tell them you still awaiting your parcel and confirm if your address is correct.

If not then open a case and inform eBay you have called ups and explain the story. You are covered..

The sellers attitude is disgusting and showing no concern makes me think he is up yo something.. Because if it were me I wouldn't risk a £40 item going wrong.

Last edited by Bunneh; 04-13-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2014
Threadstarter  

I did not know about this "delivery" methid before purchasing the item. I find it disgusting the seller has sent it to some other "pick up" location which is far away from me and not even a UPS store - its more a convience store and he expects me to travel all the way and pick it up

He says as far as he is concerned he has done his part and sent the item and now its upto me to ring UPS and go and collect the item, its going to cost me more than £5 in fuel both ways to go and pick it up - something which I am not prepared to do - I don't call this "delivery" at all

I have opened up an ebay case - the sellers reply was what I posted above.

Now what do I write in the ebay case so the seller can't wriggle his way out of this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunneh View Post
Looks like you supposed to collect it from a store... What's the point of that?
I don't call this 'delivery' at all. Did you know about this delivery method before purchasing the item?

Do you have the tracking number? If you do you can call ups and tell them you still awaiting your parcel and confirm if your address is correct.

If not then open a case and inform eBay you have called ups and explain the story. You are covered..

The sellers attitude is disgusting and showing no concern makes me think he is up yo something.. Because if it were me I wouldn't risk a £40 item going wrong.
Old 04-14-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Only thing you can do it open a case and claim your money back, theb leave appropriate feedback and dsr's.

Doesnt really help if its an item you really wanted.
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Explain to eBay how you bought this item in good faith and now the seller is not for fulling his end of the deal. Explain how he has delivered your item to a supermarket store which is quite far away from you and now expects you to go and collect to. Also make sure you state that this delivery method was not described on his auction.

I mean what is the actual point of buying online from eBay if you have to collect your item from a store in the end anyway?
Old 04-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Case has been opened up = the reply above was the sellers trying to wriggle his way out of it and putting the blame on me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
Only thing you can do it open a case and claim your money back, theb leave appropriate feedback and dsr's.

Doesnt really help if its an item you really wanted.
Old 04-14-2014
Threadstarter  

I will do as you say below and explain to ebay...the seller is saying he has 'fulfilled' his duty by sending the item off via UPS and its now waiting for collection and I should go and collect it and ring UPS.

Secondly this delivery method was not described in the auction sale - the seller said it would be sent UPS - BUT did not say he was sending it to a different address (to get cheaper postage than maybe what he charged me)

He now expects me to chase up UPS for my item and says I should make arrangements to go and pick it up - what jerk really pissed off now

He is trying to wriggle his way out and put the blame on me and trying to get Ebay to side with him

Quote:
Explain to eBay how you bought this item in good faith and now the seller is not for fulling his end of the deal. Explain how he has delivered your item to a supermarket store which is quite far away from you and now expects you to go and collect to. Also make sure you state that this delivery method was not described on his auction.

I mean what is the actual point of buying online from eBay if you have to collect your item from a store in the end anyway?
Old 04-14-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

There is no way eBay would side with him in this.

If you bought an item then you expect it to be delivered to your address. Simple as that.

What ever you do make sure you do not mention feedback in any messages.
Old 04-14-2014
Threadstarter  

Exactly...why the seller has sent my order to a convience store is beyond the realms of thinking...then he expects me to go chase UPS and get my order sorted.

He sent it out March 28th! via UPS

Then did notreply for nearly 1 week...he only replied once I opened a case up and said "sorry for delay have been on holiday blah blah blah"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

If you bought an item then you expect it to be delivered to your address. Simple as that.

Old 04-15-2014
Threadstarter  

UPDATE!!!

The seller is trying to pull a sly one and has replied on the ebay case with

"As previously explained to you before you purchased the item, it was sent 'Shop to Shop' as that was the quickest method available for the price you were willing to pay. The shop it was sent to was within 1/2 mile of your home postcode. Have you been to the shop to collect it yet? UPS confirmed it was delivered there as previously statedon 28/03/14. "

and then he has replied

"I have just checked again with UPS and your package was being prepared on 10th April to be returned to me. If you want the item I suggest you go to the shop and collect it as obviously you haven't tried to do that yet."

So far the emails are going back and forth between us on ebay 'open case' I have not yet escalated it to customer care...at no point was I made aware the seller would send item to a shop

When I escalate it what shall I write in the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

Old 04-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

When you escalate, you include all this bogus correspondence - clearly written with your comments
Old 04-15-2014
Executive [VIP]

Also tell ebay to read all the ebay messages between you two, to prove there was no correspondence of this arrangement that the seller is suggesting happened, and keep repeating that this delivery method should have been quoted in the listing..
Old 04-18-2014
Threadstarter  

UPDATE!!!

Case escalated and my money has been refunded back to me account - thanks everyone for helping me.

I've never left feedback before and want to say I've such a bad experience with this seller...how best to put it into words so other buyers don't fall into the same trap

Quote:
Also tell ebay to read all the ebay messages between you two, to prove there was no correspondence of this arrangement that the seller is suggesting happened, and keep repeating that this delivery method should have been quoted in the listing..
Old 04-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Misleading address info need ebay involvment for resolution.