New to this, think my eBay account my get banned. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 10-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Question New to this, think my eBay account my get banned.

Ok so il try and cover everything in this first post. I'm new here and just want to know what's up.

I sell high value items (iPhones mainly) on eBay, I list about £3000-3500 a month (that's my eBay limit)

I've had me account for 7 years, but have only really started using it to sell in the last year.

I used another account which I had for a few years to shill bid on my items( stupid I know) I used this account to purchase stuff aswell, it wasn't linked to my PayPal account, but I used to pay with the PayPal account that was linked to my main account (the one I list my stuff in, basically made it my selling account)

Anyway today the shill bidding account has been indefinitely closed for serious policy violations, and my main account has been restricted for 14 days and I just had to complete a sort of test on shill bidding before I could post some bin listings. Lol.

My concern is will my main account be closed? They have linked the two accounts in the message they sent me about the shill bidding.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: New to this, think my eBay account my get banned.

Impossible to say, but I would prepare for the worst.

If nothing else that account is likely on thin ice.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
yankee (10-01-2014)
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

I'm thinking the only reason they haven't closed the account is because I have a pending return request from a buyer which is due to be escalated to customer support tommorow, because I refused to accept the return. I haven't shill bidded with the account in a few months, but when I did, I was doing it with virtually every listing. :-/
Old 10-01-2014
Threadstarter  

The first message to the shill account.

MC006 NOTICE: eBay Information Alert- Auction Interference

Dear *********),

It has recently come to our attention that your account has breached our Transaction Interference policy.

***About eBay's Transaction Interference policy***

Interfering with other members' listings is not permitted on eBay. Emailing bidders in another seller's listing and offering a similar item at a lower price than the current bid, or emailing other members with the intention of warning them away from another member or item is considered transaction interference. It is also a breach of policy to email a seller and offer to purchase an item outside of the eBay marketplace.

For more information about this policy please copy this link into a new browser window:

Transaction interference

We realise you may not be aware of this rule. We respectfully request that you refrain from this activity in the future. Repeated breaches of this or another policy may result in the suspension of your eBay membership.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust and Safety

H46285

Second one.

MC999 eBay account restriction - policy violation: Shill Bidding

Hello *****,

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Shill Bidding policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been limited to a fixed price format for 14 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- Any fees for listings ended early because of this violation will not be credited to your account.

Shill bidding is bidding by anyone ( including a seller's family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections ) with the intent to artificially increase an item's price or apparent desirability. In addition, members cannot bid on or buy items in order to artificially increase a seller's Feedback or to improve the item's search standing.

For more information about our shill bidding policy, go to:
Shill bidding policy

After 14 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, keep in mind that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

The next time you sell, you may be asked to take a tutorial on our shill bidding policy.

The listings we identified were involved with the following accounts:

Here are the listings that were removed:
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

And the strike of death , a few hours later.

MC999 Your eBay account has been suspended

Hello *********

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.

I also got the second email to my main account. This third one says I can't use eBay in any way again, but I've just listed 2 bin items right now for 7 days from the main account ? Like I said I had to do that test thing on shill bidding before I could list. I used to log in an out of both accounts a few times a day up until yesterday.
Old 10-02-2014

Longevity: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_chin View Post
Ok so il try and cover everything in this first post. I'm new here and just want to know what's up.

I sell high value items (iPhones mainly) on eBay, I list about £3000-3500 a month (that's my eBay limit)

I've had me account for 7 years, but have only really started using it to sell in the last year.

I used another account which I had for a few years to shill bid on my items( stupid I know) I used this account to purchase stuff aswell, it wasn't linked to my PayPal account, but I used to pay with the PayPal account that was linked to my main account (the one I list my stuff in, basically made it my selling account)

Anyway today the shill bidding account has been indefinitely closed for serious policy violations, and my main account has been restricted for 14 days and I just had to complete a sort of test on shill bidding before I could post some bin listings. Lol.

My concern is will my main account be closed? They have linked the two accounts in the message they sent me about the shill bidding.
They may let you go this time. Too many people try shill bidding at some point and ebay can't afford to close them all.

But you have to be extremly carefull from now on and you cant make basicly any mistakes from now on.

If you think seriously about your ebay business than you should consider opening a stealth account or 5
Old 10-02-2014

Quote:
The first message to the shill account.

MC006 NOTICE: eBay Information Alert- Auction Interference

Dear *********),

It has recently come to our attention that your account has breached our Transaction Interference policy.

***About eBay's Transaction Interference policy***

Interfering with other members' listings is not permitted on eBay. Emailing bidders in another seller's listing and offering a similar item at a lower price than the current bid, or emailing other members with the intention of warning them away from another member or item is considered transaction interference. It is also a breach of policy to email a seller and offer to purchase an item outside of the eBay marketplace.

For more information about this policy please copy this link into a new browser window:

Transaction interference

We realise you may not be aware of this rule. We respectfully request that you refrain from this activity in the future. Repeated breaches of this or another policy may result in the suspension of your eBay membership.

Thank you for your cooperation in this important matter.

Regards,

eBay Trust and Safety

H46285

Second one.

MC999 eBay account restriction - policy violation: Shill Bidding

Hello *****,

After reviewing your eBay account, it appears that you have violated eBay's Shill Bidding policy. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Selling privileges have been limited to a fixed price format for 14 days. You're also not allowed to register a new account during this time.
- Violating listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- Any fees for listings ended early because of this violation will not be credited to your account.

Shill bidding is bidding by anyone ( including a seller's family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections ) with the intent to artificially increase an item's price or apparent desirability. In addition, members cannot bid on or buy items in order to artificially increase a seller's Feedback or to improve the item's search standing.

For more information about our shill bidding policy, go to:
Shill bidding policy

After 14 days, your account will no longer be restricted. However, keep in mind that any additional violations of this policy could result in the suspension of your account.

The next time you sell, you may be asked to take a tutorial on our shill bidding policy.

The listings we identified were involved with the following accounts:

Here are the listings that were removed:
Thanks,

eBay

And the strike of death , a few hours later.

MC999 Your eBay account has been suspended

Hello *********

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:
- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.
- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

We appreciate your understanding.
Thanks,

eBay

I also got the second email to my main account. This third one says I can't use eBay in any way again, but I've just listed 2 bin items right now for 7 days from the main account ? Like I said I had to do that test thing on shill bidding before I could list. I used to log in an out of both accounts a few times a day up until yesterday.
I'm affraid you will get your second account suspended within next few days.
Sorry to say that pal but if you wish to continue selling on ebay than stealth account is the only option at the moment.

You should still be able to buy stuff from the working account as long you dont sell anything from it. Its worth keeping it.

And remember, when eBay says it will suspend your account if you continue to breach its polices it really means so.

Good luck

Last edited by Dawidck; 10-02-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2014
Threadstarter  

So my main account is definitely going to be closed? Any ideas why they haven't done it already? Also with the stealth account I'm finding it quite confusing, especially how I will have to use a different name, and return address and stuff, also evay something's ask me to submit documents etc.
Old 10-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Also I thought Id buy an account but looking at the prices they seem quite out my league. I'm a private seller in evay not buisness.
Old 10-03-2014

Quote:
So my main account is definitely going to be closed? Any ideas why they haven't done it already? Also with the stealth account I'm finding it quite confusing, especially how I will have to use a different name, and return address and stuff, also evay something's ask me to submit documents etc.
If you keep selling from it probably eBay will suspened it on the next manual review.

All answers to your other questions you can find on this forum.
Also you should buy stealth guid. I havent read it myself but I heared it works so it should work for you to

Quote:
Also I thought Id buy an account but looking at the prices they seem quite out my league. I'm a private seller in evay not buisness.
So how much do you sell as private seller? Do you buy stock to resell?
Old 10-03-2014
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Quote:
You list £3-4k worth on phones a month on ebay and claim to be a private seller.

You admit to shill bidding.

You mention refusing a return and letting customer support rule after esculation.

You are the type of seller who deserves to be banned. I'm glad you can't afford the stealth guide.
Old 10-03-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums Iron_chin - moving forward, avoid shilling business - read about stealth, make new fresh stealth accounts, and operate well
Old 10-03-2014

Quote:
You list £3-4k worth on phones a month on ebay and claim to be a private seller.
Also I'm sure HMRC thinks different. You should contact an accountant