Competitors selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and getting away with it. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Re: Competitors selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and getting away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_chin View Post
I've just had a friend purchase a couple of said items from each of the sellers. When recieved I going to get them checked out and get some official confirmation that they are counterfeit (I already know they are) and then going to get him to go thru the whole reporting and resolution process for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items. it's a drawn out process I know, but hopefully with the official documentation we can get eBay to take some action against these guys.
Grass......
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 88%

Put GENUINE in your title it may help.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by luverlyjuberly View Post
Put GENUINE in your title it may help.
Can't hurt.
The Following User Says Thank You to GhostMoney For This Useful Post:
luverlyjuberly (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Hi. Recently I noticed a sever decline in my sales, i thought maybe it was due to my product getting a little out of date now, but after a quick search I've seen basically 1 seller maybe 2 selling the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Chinese version of mine. It's all the same but there is a dead giveaway in there pictures. Thing is they have undercut me and I can't afford to go any lower and gave basically taken ally sales. Is there anything i can do about this?
What is his feedback like? Any customer complaints about his items being ⊗⊗⊗⊗?
Old 03-15-2015

Activity: 3%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Move on, you can never beat them, what's to say the future isn't China and its phakes, AliBaba was floated on the stock exchange for crying out loud, they are getting bigger and bigger and going from strength to strength! Find something else to sell as has been suggested, you cannot compete on prices with them, don't waste time with this, move forward not backwards!! They are even creating eggs out of chemicals now even though those chemicals cause dementia, it's just the way it is.
Not true, the future isn't phakes, many chinese want original product these days because they can AFFORD it, as they have CASH. The future is the original products within China anyway because of the growing middle class, and phakes is the problem for alibaba and jack ma, just recently the CCP attacked alibaba for phakes yet again, and Ma knows himself that he cannot keep peddling phakes, and he knows china is changing country this is not 1999 where the police used to help pack a container of phakes for clients, this is 2015, and they take phakes very seriously. All you need to do is read the chinese media, and so much phakes are being destroyed.....
If china wants to be the superpower they KNOW selling phakes is not the future, but the problem with chinese they lack imagination, this is the problem. And the lust for greed is another problem. Also with the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ eggs, again many chinese do not trust there own products, and this is why they BUY FOREIGNER brands! Esp baby milk and children products, as they are very worried, so phakes is not the future..... originality always wins.
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Counterfeits have been around since the dawn of time. They will still be around 100 years from now. What is different at the moment, is that China has developed an ability to quickly manufacture phake versions of almost ANYTHING. So everything fom razor blades, to DVD's are counterfeited these days. It is not just a problem for Rolex anymore.

The OP has made one mistake here. Sure it is not fair that he has to compete with sellers offering the phake merchandise. The sellers of real merchandise can never compete on price when the market is flooded with phakes. If that happens, I would move on and sell something else. Because even if eBay takes down one account, three more will just pop up. You are fighting a never-ending battle.

I learned long ago, NEVER fall in love with what you are selling. ALWAYS be researching new items to sell. Because what sells today may not sell tomorrow. Competition can become fierce. Counterfeits could flood the market. Newer items could come out that are better than yours. These days, you have to be nimble to be successful.
Old 03-15-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

I agree with Jeffweico, We have to be "Merchandise Pimps", we don't have time to fall in love with the merchandise we sell.......we have to evolve on a daily basis.
Old 03-16-2015

I will add this....unless you know for a fact that you are going to sell $10k worth of merchandise quickly, don't keep $10k worth of merchandise. I'm not in the market to lose $10k, I'm in the market to make my $10k back plus some. If you know there are f@kes of your item out there selling for much less, move on to something else. LIQUIDATE YOUR INVENTORY NOW. Take your loss and find something else to recoup on.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (03-16-2015)
Old 03-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I've just had a friend purchase a couple of said items from each of the sellers. When recieved I going to get them checked out and get some official confirmation that they are counterfeit (I already know they are) and then going to get him to go thru the whole reporting and resolution process for ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items. it's a drawn out process I know, but hopefully with the official documentation we can get eBay to take some action against these guys.
Why worry about eBay? Have your attorney sue them for copyright infringement. That will also stop them EVERYWHERE.

Of course, this assumes you own the brand in question.
Old 03-16-2015

Longevity: 53%

Really big accounts sell phakes very nicely, because they are literally immune to suspensions. Ebay wont kill an account that pays them 100k+ of fees every month. They will kill lot, and send some letter to account owner, but account owner will just relist the item in a couple of days with a bit different name and description. Anyway, it you are really big at EB, you can do lots of things, that small sellers are not allowed to do. But to become big, you should carefully and slowly develop your account by something not that risky.
Old 03-16-2015

Longevity: 75%

PHAKES are here to stay unless the brands reduce there prices
they also break and are painted in lead paint and are made by children in sweat shops for a dollar a day for 12 hours 7 days a week
with no health and safety laws because china want to
crush the USA and UK and Wallmart is the chain thats makes billions from the sweat shops and sells the crap to Americans and pays the minium wage to its employes and the goverment provides health care for them what a sham

Last edited by stevebills; 03-16-2015 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-16-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzie View Post
Really big accounts sell phakes very nicely, because they are literally immune to suspensions. Ebay wont kill an account that pays them 100k+ of fees every month. They will kill lot, and send some letter to account owner, but account owner will just relist the item in a couple of days with a bit different name and description. Anyway, it you are really big at EB, you can do lots of things, that small sellers are not allowed to do. But to become big, you should carefully and slowly develop your account by something not that risky.
Not true. There are many people on this board that have had their "really big accounts" shut down without warning. Ebay doesn't care about them anymore than they care about you. GRANTED, yes, they get away with MORE than the small fry will....but they aren't immune by any means.
Old 03-17-2015

Longevity: 52%

What is it you are selling, it may be possible to find a cheaper supplier 😊
Old 03-17-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Why worry about eBay? Have your attorney sue them for copyright infringement. That will also stop them EVERYWHERE.

Of course, this assumes you own the brand in question.
Hard to do in the UK though.....

Rules differ from the USA.
Old 03-18-2015

Longevity: 64%

Why don't u sell item as auction
Old 03-18-2015

In this context, BIG is something with 100k+ feedbacks and like 1 million usd turnover monthly. Never seen something that big going down. Ebay are not idiots to lose a customer who pays 100k every month. Seen lots of these "extrabig" accounts selling phakes, in thousands of quantity, they are still there, working, selling, not getting banned for years. Especially, when people getting banned for listing ONE iphone case, and these guys sell hundreds of such cases every day for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Not true. There are many people on this board that have had their "really big accounts" shut down without warning. Ebay doesn't care about them anymore than they care about you. GRANTED, yes, they get away with MORE than the small fry will....but they aren't immune by any means.
Old 03-28-2015

Longevity: 52%

its crazy how some ebayers are selling the same items as everyone else but dont ever get closed down. What do they do right that I guess I do wrong. When I put customer service 110% first including offering refund without any questions asked. hmmmm???? who knows
Old 03-29-2015

Longevity: 56%

The Chinese power sellers are immune.

I am good friends with the MD and owner of a company that makes a certain item. The Chinese copied it and sell it. He reports them daily, the small UK users get VERO infringements and stopped from selling them, however the Chinese never get taken down.

We believe it is because, if they are registered in China where they sell from the copyright does not work because China do not acknowledge patents and IP rights, as they know their economy would go bust without all the counterfeits.

So you 'big' sellers who are say UK or US based, are more at risk because they reside within where the IP rights can be applied for.
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
sax4 (03-29-2015)
Old 03-30-2015

just click report for counterfeit across multiple stealths, their system is automated. Won't flag your accounts or if it does they won't do anything, I do it all the time lol
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
The Chinese power sellers are immune.
So you 'big' sellers who are say UK or US based, are more at risk because they reside within where the IP rights can be applied for.
Does that also mean you can register your business in China but hold you stock in UK and sell it over here without having problems?
It sounds very similar to the big tax evasion problem UK and other countries have where big corporations operate everywhere but pay taxes as if they would be working only in Ireland or some other ta friendly country.

Not big fan of any of that sort of shenanigans, but it's interesting to see how companies with trillions in bank virtually write their own rules and not only bank are becoming too big to fail, but even some businesses are.

It's a whole tread in it's own right, sorry for offtopic.

I guess the only thing you could do is try to harass them with your stealth accounts but I'm not sure if it's going to make a big difference.
Old 03-31-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by haidukk View Post
Does that also mean you can register your business in China but hold you stock in UK and sell it over here without having problems?
It sounds very similar to the big tax evasion problem UK and other countries have where big corporations operate everywhere but pay taxes as if they would be working only in Ireland or some other ta friendly country.

Not big fan of any of that sort of shenanigans, but it's interesting to see how companies with trillions in bank virtually write their own rules and not only bank are becoming too big to fail, but even some businesses are.

It's a whole tread in it's own right, sorry for offtopic.

I guess the only thing you could do is try to harass them with your stealth accounts but I'm not sure if it's going to make a big difference.
I wouldnt know in ins and outs of how you register an account in China, and have a Chinese PayPal etc, but I imagine yes, you can probably do it that way, but boy that is a whole new layer of stealth, trying to steal operate in the Uk wiith Chinese details - How good is your catonese?

At the end of the day I imagine most small time Stealth users dont pay tax, and sure as hell those we see on the forums trading in the UK from the US or Australia dont pay tax either.

But then, neither does PayPal or eBay.

But the governemt has to take the NHS wheelchair from the disabled person, because, even though both his legs dont work, he must be faking it and is fully capable of working in McDonalds, but Ebay can do what they like!. Life in the UK 2015

But yes, a whole other thread
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 62%
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo

Like everyone else said, you're never going to be able to compete.

My advice would be to open up a couple of new accounts and sell using the same photos the other people are using. "Sell" at a cheaper price then the competition so they loose sales.. but don't actually ship anything.

Sounds mean but the buyers will get there money back within no time if nothing is shipped. And if the buyers truly want the real deal, they will likely look for someone with more feedback (you).

Then sit there and advertise on your account that people get what they pay for.. you ship same day via Priority, tracking gets updated, etc. But watch what you post, as if you say things like "watch out for the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ listings" ebay will see you included the work ⊗⊗⊗⊗ in your listing and cause issues with the account.

I would also recommend finding other things to sell.. Just get rid of your stock or maybe use the remaining stock as feedback boosters on new accounts!