Using my Dads ebay and paypal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-28-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Using my Dads ebay and paypal

Hello people,

Is it a good idea to use someone else' ebay, for example a real person like your Dad? My concern is just with HMRC (taxes etc) and will they look at it as my Dad making money, even though only my new bank account will be linked to it to withdraw money?

Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Using my Dads ebay and paypal

why don't you just create or buy your own eBay/PayPal in your own details? If you read around this forum and about the permanent suspensions going on with the sites, you would know that the chances off you earning enough to pay tax are much less likely than you losing your eBay/ PayPal. There is nothing to be gained in using someone's else's accounts, and everything to be lost if your actions on those accounts cause them to be lost, what would your dad think of that?
The Following User Says Thank You to RosieTosie For This Useful Post:
calb99 (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums.

Never a good move to use family or friend info. Read the guide + forums - learn stealth - make your own accounts.

As for your tax question, speak to a financial professional for proper disclosure.

All the best
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
calb99 (01-28-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Read the guide to know what you are doing like rsot said and I recommend to buy accounts here because they know what they are doing and it will save you lots of time.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by calb99 View Post
Hello people,

Is it a good idea to use someone else' ebay, for example a real person like your Dad? My concern is just with HMRC (taxes etc) and will they look at it as my Dad making money, even though only my new bank account will be linked to it to withdraw money?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what your selling and I'm not going to ask. But I'd try and leave it out of your dad or mom's name if they have a lot of assets.
Old 01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Welcome to the forums.

Never a good move to use family or friend info. Read the guide + forums - learn stealth - make your own accounts.

As for your tax question, speak to a financial professional for proper disclosure.

All the best
Rsot I have a question? I've used friends in the past who are now banned for life but recently I was able to sign up for a new account not sure if there testing me or not but I'm not doing anything wrong. Given they gave me a new account was there a change in the guard with ebay policies? Couldn't my friend(s) just make new accounts in their own names? I think it just opening a new bank account (for some instances). Thanks - JB
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by J dub 1984 View Post
Rsot I have a question? I've used friends in the past who are now banned for life but recently I was able to sign up for a new account not sure if there testing me or not but I'm not doing anything wrong. Given they gave me a new account was there a change in the guard with ebay policies? Couldn't my friend(s) just make new accounts in their own names? I think it just opening a new bank account (for some instances). Thanks - JB
Jdub have you been able to list anything to sell on your new eBay account, or have you not tried to sell anything on it yet, and as you are posting on this forum we can assume you are not using your real ID details , although that is a bit unclear from the wording you have used in your comment here.
Old 01-28-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Account creation is always possible...the issue is that you never know when the link (because there will be one) will bring the account down. All info should be different for safe purposes - address is huge so an old address used can also causing link...
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-03-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Jdub have you been able to list anything to sell on your new eBay account, or have you not tried to sell anything on it yet, and as you are posting on this forum we can assume you are not using your real ID details , although that is a bit unclear from the wording you have used in your comment here.
To be concise. I know people that have been banned under their real name and have recently been able to sign up with their real name a few years later down the road. That's why I was under the assumption there was a changing of the guard within ebay.

I made a new ebay and paypal account using my real name too and with paypal it said welcome back "my name" again. Which I thought was SHADY
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
My seller account was banned years ago. I can never use it again BUT I was able to open a new account using the same details. How? Because it was a buying account. If I try to sell anything I am pretty sure it will be suspended.
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 77%

Can you open an new ebay account, If you change a few letters in the name,But everything new? will that work?
Old 01-28-2015

If you are going to do that why not use another name with no relationship to any of your family members?
The Following User Says Thank You to ebayfail For This Useful Post:
ooooo.halo (02-03-2015)
Old 01-28-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
To be concise. I know people that have been banned under their real name and have recently been able to sign up with their real name a few years later down the road. That's why I was under the assumption there was a changing of the guard within ebay.

I made a new ebay and paypal account using my real name too and with paypal it said welcome back "my name" again. Which I thought was SHADY
Look, let us get down to basics here.....there is no real need to use your name ever again.

However if for some reason you still get this urge.....you can use it.....but really only if:

a) it is a really common name

b) the location you use is not anywhere near a previous address you have had limited.