Argos Click and Collect Returns - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 03-29-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Argos Click and Collect Returns

First instance of this, buyer decided he didnt want his item so didnt sign for it at Argos and they said it would be shipped back to me, which apparently it has been.

I presume they will use my return address on my ebay account, which is obviously stealth as I generally never get returns and if I do, I organise it directly with the buyer.

So, that item will be sent either to the return address label on the package, or the return address on ebay file?

If it goes by ebay file, what do we think the reprocussions may be? It seems to auto opt in for Argos now, I hadnt even clocked it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Argos Click and Collect Returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
First instance of this, buyer decided he didnt want his item so didnt sign for it at Argos and they said it would be shipped back to me, which apparently it has been.

I presume they will use my return address on my ebay account, which is obviously stealth as I generally never get returns and if I do, I organise it directly with the buyer.

So, that item will be sent either to the return address label on the package, or the return address on ebay file?

If it goes by ebay file, what do we think the reprocussions may be? It seems to auto opt in for Argos now, I hadnt even clocked it.
It has been advised for a long time now that return addresses have to be accessible because if they are'nt and you get a return the chances are that you will get found out, and that is obviously bad bad news, similar for phone numbers that have to be working and accessible as ebay are known to call occasionally, these facts have been around on the forum for long enough for everyone to know about them.
Old 03-29-2015

Longevity: 61%

I guess you will have to lose this parcel and hope the person it goes to just doesn't do or say anything.. even so, the quality of eBay people on the phone nowdays, they probably won't even do anything.

Is it possible to subscribe to a forwarding address in case this happens? Or get rid of the click & collect side of things?
Old 03-29-2015
Threadstarter  

The return address is sorted now, I just hadn't put it on file and the slip up was with click and collect. No need for your know it all dramatics Rosie, I am perfectly aware of what is common knowledge, and this was my own slip up on this occasion.

My query is more to how the click and collect return process works, does this work off file or off the label? Does anyone actually know?
Old 03-29-2015
Threadstarter  

Interestingly, the item is showing as 'collected'. Hmm, maybe it is another scammer trying something, as surely this would say 'returned' or the equivalent?
Old 03-30-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Click and collect is fairly new so I doubt many people will have been in a situation like this.

Make sure you update us once all is sorted.
Old 03-30-2015

Sorry wired, I don't know the process for it.

Hope it wasn't something too expensive!
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Will do indeed, I am not sure if he is currently a scammer thinking because he hasnt signed for it, then he has not officially collected it (you dont need to sign anything to collect from Argos) or if he is genuine.

Currently, it states, 'collected', I have put this to him and am awaiting the response. Typically, he is a newbie and caused problems from the start - you know the type, the second you get the 'where is my item' email the day after they bought it you know there is going to be trouble.
Old 03-30-2015

Quote:
The return address is sorted now, I just hadn't put it on file and the slip up was with click and collect. No need for your know it all dramatics Rosie, I am perfectly aware of what is common knowledge, and this was my own slip up on this occasion.

My query is more to how the click and collect return process works, does this work off file or off the label? Does anyone actually know?
My 'know it all dramatics', Wired, if you know it all yourself how come you got into this predicament in the first place.

That really is one of the basics of stealth, having accessible contact for ebay, everyone who has been active in the forum should bewell aware of that by now, which is probably why none of the more established forum members have replied to your post!
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
My 'know it all dramatics', Wired, if you know it all yourself how come you got into this predicament in the first place.

That really is one of the basics of stealth, having accessible contact for ebay, everyone who has been active in the forum should bewell aware of that by now, which is probably why none of the more established forum members have replied to your post!
Please don't feel the need to comment on any of my threads again Rosie. Your advice, has been inacurrate in your past threads, and I have corrected them when needed. I know you try what you can to get your post count up, but no need to troll my threads with information not related to the original question.

I have never once referred to myself as a 'know it all'.

This is regarding Click and Collect, if you have no knowledge, then please do not reply especially with dramatics.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2015

Wow wired, you have really come out of the woodwork on this one haven't you, what has got you worked up so much, everyone has different points of view added to their posts on this forum that is the whole point of it, everyone has something to learn on here as you have pointed out here even yourself. I find it almost unbelievable that you snapped back at me like that, everyone has 'dramatics' as for eloquently put it at times, but you really overreacted on this one! And you being such a relatively new member as well.
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

I am two months younger than you. I just don't post irrelvant information to get my post count up.

Have you any information relating to Click or Collect, yes or no?

If not, no need to answer.

Thanks!
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Lol, I was never off topic
Old 03-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Lol, I was never off topic
I was /monday jokes
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
wired (03-31-2015)
Old 03-30-2015
Threadstarter  

A little update for you all.

Had to do an Ebay CS chat regarding this - the process is that when an item is returned by Argos after seven days of no collection or buyer saying they do not want it, they will notify you of it by email, and send it to your return address.

They will not 'collect' the item first the buyer was attempting to lead me to believe, so therefore it looks like he was trying it on, because as you don't need a signature when collecting items or ID, he thought, 'hey there is no proof that I got it!' But thankfully the code as we know is individual, and eBay are aware of this potential scam.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
Geegee83 (03-31-2015), oompaloompa (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015

Longevity: 71%

Glad you got it all sorted Wired!
The Following User Says Thank You to whiteberry For This Useful Post:
wired (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015

Thanks for the update, very useful info.

Glad you got it sorted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
wired (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

having read the thread, I agree, we all find out these things a bit by mistake sometimes, when the rules changed I noticed they automatically hand out your return address, whereas before you had the option to change it first....people with older accs, sometimes have not set the addresses right at the beginning, as you did not need to at one time....
wired (03-31-2015)
Old 03-31-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
having read the thread, I agree, we all find out these things a bit by mistake sometimes, when the rules changed I noticed they automatically hand out your return address, whereas before you had the option to change it first....people with older accs, sometimes have not set the addresses right at the beginning, as you did not need to at one time....
Exactly that.

Update - Buyer opened a case, even though it said collected, eBay returned him his money from their pocket, and no error etc has been made by me so no defect etc.

I imagine the scammers can get away with this a couple of times by justing saying they never collected it and getting a refund from eBay. Thankfully, eBay is finally on the sellers side on this , if it was delivered to Argos, then the seller has done eveything correct.
Old 04-01-2015
just_smile

Longevity: 0%

Atleast ebay accepted liability, as they should.

I suppose ita similar to the global selling programme, aslong as you deliver to their UK address you have done everything needed to be covered.
Old 04-01-2015

Maybe eBay will put a bit more effort into "Item Not Received" claims if it's they who are losing money.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geegee83 For This Useful Post:
wired (04-01-2015)