Shipping to a Stealth Account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-29-2015
username1

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Shipping to a Stealth Account?

How do I avoid loosing my parcel when I by something from one of my stealt accounts via Paypal at an address I entirely made up?

Will eBay/Paypal know if I send them a message via eBay/PayPal at checkout stating I'd like it delivery to my address which is associated with prime account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-29-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 26%
Longevity: 61%
Default Re: Shipping to a Stealth Account?

Yes, they will know and you are creating a link between your old account and the new one.

Stealth address shall be accessible.
Old 06-29-2015
username1

So its a big NO NO to buy stuff from my new stealth accounts :( :(
Old 06-29-2015
just_smile

Ideally you would have access to your stealth account addresses.

There are ways to buy if you think outside the box.

If you are genuinely stuck, you could create just a buyers account with your real address.

Use the account only for buying.
Old 06-29-2015

Longevity: 53%

So what are these ways to buy if you think outside the box, i can only think of using click and collect or ask the buyer prior to purchase if they will ship to a different address and then being creative when disclosing this with spelling etc
Old 06-29-2015

Longevity: 56%

Argos Click and Collect
Old 06-29-2015

Longevity: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallantan View Post
How do I avoid loosing my parcel when I by something from one of my stealt accounts via Paypal at an address I entirely made up?

Will eBay/Paypal know if I send them a message via eBay/PayPal at checkout stating I'd like it delivery to my address which is associated with prime account?
When you buy something you will often get the chance to add an extra name and / or address to paypal. On there you can add your real details and when you buy you can select those details although you don't get the option to choose every time.
This forum will advise against it and on the surface it would seem to be risky but I've always done it and its never lead to anything.
Luck? Maybe.

If you make a purchase from a site other than ebay you can just use the "pay by card" option and not log into your paypal account. Your real details should be fed across from the site you are ordering from.
Best not to use a card that's used on your stealth account though.

I've found that these days instead of suspending your account ebay will often just ban you from selling so if you get that option then stick with the old account for buying and keep your stealth accounts for selling although it does help if you use an account for both buying and selling as this is what a regular normal ebay member would be doing.

Last edited by stuartalex; 06-29-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-29-2015
username1

Ah, gotcha.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-30-2015
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartalex View Post
When you buy something you will often get the chance to add an extra name and / or address to paypal. On there you can add your real details and when you buy you can select those details although you don't get the option to choose every time.
This forum will advise against it and on the surface it would seem to be risky but I've always done it and its never lead to anything.
Luck? Maybe.
Not really the best way to proceed and way too risky.
If you are prepared to say "bye bye" to your stealth account go for it but I would not risk it just for buying stuff.

just_smile suggestion above is the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_smile View Post
If you are genuinely stuck, you could create just a buyers account with your real address.

Use the account only for buying.
Ebay will allow your banned you to open a new account for buying only. This work and it is what I do.
Never ever cross your banned infos with your stealth accounts.
Old 06-30-2015

Longevity: 53%

I have disclosed my real address on Paypal when buying off suppliers that only took paypal and needed the delivey address - I have been lucky with this up to now and wasn't a choice I made easily.
Old 06-30-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Not really the best way to proceed and way too risky.
If you are prepared to say "bye bye" to your stealth account go for it but I would not risk it just for buying stuff.
Having an account that only sells and never buys is just as risky I would say.
My stealth account has been going for almost a year and my real name and address is on there as an option but not the main address and has been for many months
Old 07-01-2015
Super Moderator

Quote:
Having an account that only sells and never buys is just as risky I would say.
Is this something you have tested and have evidence of? Your conjecture doesn't make sense.

Quote:
My stealth account has been going for almost a year and my real name and address is on there as an option but not the main address and has been for many months
This is not related to stealth. It is a link and quite a strong one. It has to be avoided. All stealthers in here will give you the same answer.

Luck has nothing to do with true stealth.
Old 07-01-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
I have disclosed my real address on Paypal when buying off suppliers that only took paypal and needed the delivey address - I have been lucky with this up to now and wasn't a choice I made easily.
Buying hasn't been a big issue but do not turn it into a seller's account...just from past experience
Old 07-01-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilcarletto View Post
Is this something you have tested and have evidence of? Your conjecture doesn't make sense.

This is not related to stealth. It is a link and quite a strong one. It has to be avoided. All stealthers in here will give you the same answer.

Luck has nothing to do with true stealth.
Its not conjecture , its common sense and using certain conditions that have allowed me to have stealth accounts for 12 years.
Unless you have a business account , using an ebay account only to sell is not advised. Its better even if you only buy one item a month.
The very first stealth guide I got many years ago included a rather sensible observation that starting an ebay account then selling without ever buying anything is asking for trouble.
The idea is to make ebay think you are a regular customer and regular customers don't start accounts then sell hundreds of items per month.
That is also something I've confirmed through practice.

I've kept my name an address on paypal accounts for many years and the issue has never arisen. It may seem like something to avoid but in practice it's never been a problem.

If luck is nothing to do with stealth then the fact that my accounts are still going for a long time while ignoring some , not all , of the advice on this forum may mean the validity of some of the advice is in question.

Are you actually in the UK anyway? As we see, paypal and ebay seem to operate with different conditions in different countries

Last edited by stuartalex; 07-01-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2015

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Argos Click and Collect

Is this method ok to use?
Old 07-02-2015
Super Moderator

@stuartalex

No, I am not in the UK and I am not operating any UK account. You are right saying that paypal and ebay operates with different conditions in different countries, tho.

Quote:
The idea is to make ebay think you are a regular customer and regular customers don't start accounts then sell hundreds of items per month.
I agree with "the idea is to make ebay think you are a regular customer" but I never said that it is safe to start accounts selling hundreds of items per month. This shall be avoided like I think it is wise to avoid putting your banned details into PayPal (on a seller eb/pp account) even if it is a "secondary" address.

I, like other members here (from Uk and US), have accounts just for selling, never bought a bit with that and got 0 issues. Of course starting a seller account with hundreds of items is a very dumb thing to do.