Where do I stand? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-24-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default Where do I stand?

Just sold a video camera.

I included in the description that the software was not included and that this may be able to be found/downloaded with an internet search. I even highlighted this in bold text.

Now, the buyer wants to return because there is no software included! I believe I stated this already....

My next step is to get in touch with eBay and see who's side they're on (as if I can't already guess).

But seriously, do I have a chance to win here? The buyer obviously didn't read the description properly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-24-2015
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Where do I stand?

Oh, and just found out they've left me my first negative feedback, complaining that the software isn't included!
Old 07-24-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Welcome to the daily life of online dealer.

You'll always get people like that, always. Certain categories are worse than others, but you'll get them everywhere.

See what options you've got, take the one that will cost you the less and don't pursue justice when it comes to cases like that- The customer is always right, even if you are right.
Old 07-24-2015
Threadstarter  

The option that costs me the least is accepting the return. I just need to pray that they return it to the address I provided with the item, rather that the one eBay will provide.

eBay can't make a final decision in the case until August 1st. I just know they are going to refund the buyer. This sh*t makes me so angry.

I will apparently be hearing about my Feedback Removal Request with 24-48 hours. If I reply to the buyer, either via the feedback or via the Returns case, will it count against me having the feedback removed?
Old 07-25-2015
Threadstarter  

I know how this is going to go and I'm fully prepared to lose. But....

I am going to do everything I can to try and win this (or at least get the negative feedback & defects removed).

After you Accept Return, you can no longer post messages to defend yourself or your case. So...

eBay won't intervene until August 1st. For the next week, I will keep trying to contact the buyer via the dispute and I will point out in the messages over & over again that I haven't received the item back, the buyer doesn't respond, they should have read the description etc...

Once I've posted several days worth of messages defending myself, I will then Accept The Return. If I've made it this far without any return or contact from the buyer, I'm pretty sure they won't be bothered to return or contact me now.

eBay will be expecting the item to be shipped back to me. When it's not, I will escalate to them for the dreaded final decision.

Hopefully, when eBay make their final decision, even though I know they will refund the buyer, I pray they read all of my points in the dispute and find I'm not at fault so they won't refund out of my pocket. And maybe I'll have my defects removed.

In the meantime, if they actually return it, I'll refund them. But I have an unreasonable, lazy buyer on my hands. I can feel it....!
Old 07-26-2015
Threadstarter  

UPDATE:

Recived a message from the buyer this morning saying that they are nt sending it back because I show 'good characters'.

Spent nearly 40 minutes on chat trying to get the case closed but we got there in the end.

The case was closed in my favour, no refund to the buyer, the money released and any feedback/defects should be removed within 24 hours.

Technically, I didn't win because of my fight for principals. But I did win
Old 07-26-2015

Longevity: 56%

Good news, you called his bluff, and won, happy days!
Old 07-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice persistence and nice win Elisek
Old 07-27-2015

Longevity: 50%

People like that cost me my ebay account, leaving negative feedbacks because they can't read description properly...