Raising selling limits asks for another sellers account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Raising selling limits asks for another sellers account??

So I bought an eBay account from JamesNorth within this forum, 1 or 2 minor hiccups but he managed to rectify those. Now I've found out the account I paid a lot of money for only has a 10 item selling limit not 100 as I requested.
No reply yet from James so wonder if you guys could help.
I've tried to raise selling limits and it is asking me for details of a different seller account which already has higher limits?? Why is it asking this? I only have 1 account at the moment and wouldn't want to risk linking accounts even if I did have one.
How can I raise limits without having to give details of another sellers account?
Thanks in advance.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Raising selling limits asks for another sellers account??

He's on holiday at the moment.

I'd suggest you wait for a response from him before doing anything else.
Old 09-04-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 50%

Yeah I was aware. Just wondered if this was a known issue. I didn't know they would ever ask for another eBay account details to raise selling limits.
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Yes, it is a known issue and it does not mean the account is linked to another seller account.

The standard response should go to "Confirm Bank Account" with "Confirm Other Account" given as alternative option. Sometimes it glitches to "Confirm Other Account".

Once again I would advise you to wait for a response from James and not do anything else with the account until then.
Old 09-04-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

He is away and I'm pretty sure it would be safer to wait for him to get back to you, before you start "raising limits yourself"
With bought account, you really do need to know what you are doing and in case you don't and **** up an account, I doubt James has power over eBay or PP to get you your account back. That in return leads into problems because you feel that you wasted money, James on the other hand in on a holiday and has no control over what you are doing with an account and so on.

Just have a bit of patience and just chill- You can spend the time building browsing history, bidding and watching items.

It'll be alright, unless you've done goofed somehow
Old 09-05-2015

Longevity: 52%

You don't know this for sure.. "it does not mean the account is linked to another seller account"
If you have 2 ebay accounts linked to one PP account then ebay can ask you to confirm details of the other to then lift the limits for both. now although the OP doesnt have this set up as he didnt create the account then who knows what links there might be.. he has already said their were a few glitches/issues.. It is best to wait for JN to return but lets not assume what we dont know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
Yes, it is a known issue and it does not mean the account is linked to another seller account.

The standard response should go to "Confirm Bank Account" with "Confirm Other Account" given as alternative option. Sometimes it glitches to "Confirm Other Account".

Once again I would advise you to wait for a response from James and not do anything else with the account until then.
Old 09-07-2015

Longevity: 76%

richie - it's VERY obvious if you're clued up to know that sellers do not link 2 accounts to get higher selling limits... common sense.
Old 09-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
richie - it's VERY obvious if you're clued up to know that sellers do not link 2 accounts to get higher selling limits... common sense.
Lol exactly... this is disaster waiting to happen.

But some people write any rubbish on the forum without thinking.

This is a common mesage that comes up when you click 'request higher seller limits' button.