New defects measures in 2016 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-13-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 77%
Default Re: New defects measures in 2016

I'm going to start shipping an A5 leaflet with my orders explaining that the arrival date is only an ESTIMATE set out by eBay and that many factors including Royal Mail issues may affect the actual delivery date and to please take this into account when leaving feedback.

It can't hurt.
The Following User Says Thank You to eezo For This Useful Post:
taerese (11-15-2015)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-13-2015

Longevity: 49%

The new defect system is a great thing for me. Honestly I have sold very little on Ebay over the last year because I couldn't stand the idea of being penalized for providing good customer service.

I do assume though that just because negative feedback doesn't result in a defect an account can still be closed if the feedback percentage is too low?

I almost did cartwheels when they announced the change though and I planning on having some choice items to offer for people shopping with their tax return money after Feb 20!

I think Ebay must have noticed many sellers like myself who came to a virtual standstill after they implemented that crap. They even sent me an offer on my main selling account offering me 30 percent off my final value fees for anything listed before November 19th. Tempting but I am passing on it.
Old 11-13-2015

Longevity: 63%

Great news for sellers that sells crap....all they have to do now is refund and retain their TRS... How are buyers suppose to differentiate genuine good sellers from the bad?

Anyway, dont know why I'm moaning, nowadays 95% of people dont really care, they just go for the cheapest.
Old 11-15-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezo View Post
I'm going to start shipping an A5 leaflet with my orders explaining that the arrival date is only an ESTIMATE set out by eBay and that many factors including Royal Mail issues may affect the actual delivery date and to please take this into account when leaving feedback.

It can't hurt.
No it cant hurt and I think its clever. For me, I am adjusting my shipping dates from sameday to 3 or 5 days. Will only affect few buyers and those are the ones who will likely tell ebay it didn't arrive on time anyway.
Old 11-15-2015
MU

Longevity: 48%

Yeah, everyone will be top rated.
But what's the point of giving it away to everyone?

Rhetorical question..
Old 11-16-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

Pretty ****ing awesome, if you'd ask me... I have 0 cases that end up with dispute of some sorts. Most of my cases are item not received or reuturn because of the customer. Seems like I can easily either throw money at the problem and make sure they leave as happy customers or just accept the returns. Shouldn't have any problems.

I'll just up my postage prices and send EVERYTHING RM 2nd Class Signed for, on the same day, but change the eBay shipping time to 3-5 days, just to cover my own end.
Customers will be happy, everythng will be tracked.
???
Profit
Old 11-17-2015

Longevity: 69%

The prediction for me is that both my TRS accounts will be fine, and I rarely use any tracked shipping currently. However, I suspect it could easily go wrong, seems like an excellent way for a competitor to ruin me!
Old 12-16-2015

Longevity: 52%

Personally I welcome these changes,
the current defect system is completely out of the control of the seller and puts you at the mercy of buyers, sometimes even a refund or a return counts as a "defect", which is simply stupid.

My original account got banned this year from selling for this very reason, I was Below Standard for things I couldn't control and some crazy disgrunted buyers here and there leaving negative feedback or opening cases for the most stupid reasons or just to ask where was the item without waiting patiently for its delivery.

With the new system it should be way harder to fall Below Standard.

I wonder if, with these changes, and the way I was restricted from selling (by the current-nazi-defect-rate-system), I can get my original account reinstated?
How can I contact eBay for that?
Old 12-17-2015
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,653 Times in 1,250 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orione View Post
Personally I welcome these changes,
the current defect system is completely out of the control of the seller and puts you at the mercy of buyers, sometimes even a refund or a return counts as a "defect", which is simply stupid.

My original account got banned this year from selling for this very reason, I was Below Standard for things I couldn't control and some crazy disgrunted buyers here and there leaving negative feedback or opening cases for the most stupid reasons or just to ask where was the item without waiting patiently for its delivery.

With the new system it should be way harder to fall Below Standard.

I wonder if, with these changes, and the way I was restricted from selling (by the current-nazi-defect-rate-system), I can get my original account reinstated?
How can I contact eBay for that?
You can get in touch with eBay.it via the free toll number 800-175052 but I guess you have to navigate to that number from your account because, when shown, it is associated to a code number you have to dial in, I guess.

In our country is also available a nice java chat.

Anyway, don't be too confident to get your account back just because Defect Measures have been changed...

If you think you have the right to have your account back call them and fight for it... sometimes it happens.
Old 12-18-2015

Longevity: 49%

Hi guys, I need your help.. PLEASE... My eBay personal account does have £5000 limit per month, but how limits work with paypal?? I already have received payment of £1000 ( cause i already SOLD lots of goods you know) but there is a pp limit.... I Also still have not added my bank account there(but i will) there is only credit card but there will be bank account very soon i need to withdraw money, but my question is .... What is my paypal limit??? Do you think i can have £5000 limit per month too or i can get info trouble cause i still have not added my bank account there??????? Or is better to buy aspkin eBay and pp account where is very high limit for both???? I really need help dont know what to do, have lots of goods for sale and dont know how to sell them with my pp account, please help. Thank you
Old 12-22-2015

Longevity: 60%

Well this new system certainly suck for my business... As most of the items I sell are low costs high volume items, there would be no margin for me otherwise if I was to use service with tracking.

Is there any way round this for people that sell low budget high volume items?
Old 12-22-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
trash for anyone without tracked delivery (e.g most of the uk) my defect ratings on my biggest 3 accounts were 2-3%, the postage defect rates on new ratings show 6-10%

its simple, if your postal records arent perfect then adjust your dispatch to give you that extra day or 2

it will only hurt those who promise next day delivery who dont actually guarentee next day
Old 12-30-2015

Longevity: 48%

I think its a better policy when I compare the current performance dashboard all of my accounts will benefit. I am happy with the change could do with it being introduced a bit sooner tbh