registration address & return address - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-09-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default registration address & return address

is it possible to have a dedicated returns address on file with ebay that isnt the registration address?

i have a different returns address which i get my customers to return to but some of them mistakenly send it to registration address where no one is present and causes me a great deal of bother.

any ways around this.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2015

Longevity: 76%
Default Re: registration address & return address

Yes it is possible, there is an option under persona/ business information.

Make sure neither address has been used previously though.

When the customer opens a case they will get the returns address OR you can include labels into the parcel so they KNOW to use this.
Old 11-09-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
OR you can include labels into the parcel so they KNOW to use this.
This seem to me encouraging returns. A lot of customers are lazy to bother about returning items. Some dont even come back to ebay many months after purchase but trust me, if they see such label, it will be kept under their skybox for many months
Old 11-09-2015
Threadstarter  

shared address so might have been used. popping a label inside is wat i do but vustomers always be adamant in returning to address on file.
Old 11-09-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by screwbay View Post
is it possible to have a dedicated returns address on file with ebay that isnt the registration address?

i have a different returns address which i get my customers to return to but some of them mistakenly send it to registration address where no one is present and causes me a great deal of bother.

any ways around this.
Definitely doable - many people have separate BUSINESS RETURN addresses smart professional move
Old 11-09-2015

Longevity: 49%

• If i have a dispute , i arrange a courier collection or drop off point from my end.

• That way i can track the item back . ebay is left out of the loop with the return address.
  • My items are free delivery always, so i just refund the transaction cost and no additional returns cost
  • If they are returning without any reason, i just refund minus the return cost
Old 11-09-2015

Longevity: 49%

Some people on the forum say the return address can be linked to a stealth registered address, others say its ok, input from experience would be great, i am being cautious
Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 48%

I used a return address I didn't have access to and messaged them my real address (linked on PayPal)

Never got me into trouble. Obviously, I wouldn't recommend it but it worked fine for me
Old 11-11-2015

Hi Guys

This is what I do and will recommend. If the item is valuable to me, I simply go on myhermes to pay for a delivery and use my address as the delivery address. Once the label is bought, I fetch the buyers email address of ebay or PayPal and send the label to them via email or directly via myherms. I will then return to ebay to inform the buyer that I have sent them a free label with instruction on how to deliver the parcel to their nearest parcel shop or get the courier to pick up from their home for an additional 30p. I havent seen any buyer that dont want FREE delivery.

If the item is not valuable to me, I will either refund and ask them to keep the item or get them to send the parcel back to my stealth address.. Who cares when its not a valuable item.
Old 11-12-2015

Longevity: 52%

Useful information Taerese, If its not valuable (under a tenner) i usually swallow the cost and let them keep it - otherwise I will send the buyer the postage costs as a one off payment through PP using their details from the purchase - then inform them I have done it through a message on ebay giving my real address then -
Old 11-13-2015

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
Hi Guys

This is what I do and will recommend. If the item is valuable to me, I simply go on myhermes to pay for a delivery and use my address as the delivery address. Once the label is bought, I fetch the buyers email address of ebay or PayPal and send the label to them via email or directly via myherms. I will then return to ebay to inform the buyer that I have sent them a free label with instruction on how to deliver the parcel to their nearest parcel shop or get the courier to pick up from their home for an additional 30p. I havent seen any buyer that dont want FREE delivery.

If the item is not valuable to me, I will either refund and ask them to keep the item or get them to send the parcel back to my stealth address.. Who cares when its not a valuable item.
this is a good idea but a lot of buyers are insistent on playing it by the books and getting it sent to the address on file, which i dont have access to
Old 11-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscruff View Post
this is a good idea but a lot of buyers are insistent on playing it by the books and getting it sent to the address on file, which i dont have access to
Then GET access to the address.

Plan better to ensure your account runs well.

Keep in mind you are running an ebay account. Only thing different it is stealth and needs to be used very carefully.

Old 11-15-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscruff View Post
No. Pretend you are a big seller and insist you will provide your storage address where the parcel are been kept. Lightly threaten that the address on file is your office address and you only have your customer service team there and there is no guarantee the parcel will be accounted for and it will be at their own risk if they send it there
Old 11-15-2015
MU

Longevity: 48%

You can register both address. But be sure that they are "clear" no association with any limited account..
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 64%

Can I just use a prepaid USPS PO BOX number, for return address?

If I go to my local USPS post office, and purchase a po box for the year.
Can I just plug that address into my eBay account?