Question regarding returns.... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-10-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Question regarding returns....

I NEVER get returns, and don't offer them as my goods are not new, but have had a request for one today. Kind of angry with myself because it was a fairly valuable used item and alarm bells started ringing when I saw the buyer had private feedback. I was tempted to keep the item and give some story as why I could not send as something didn't feel right about this guy and still doesn't. Get the feeling I may get an empty box back in the post or such.

So, it is at the stage where he has requested a return, instead of immediately accepting, I have asked him if he would be so kind as to take a picture to show me his concerns as I am convinced he is telling porky pies. I have also asked him if their was a 'compromise' price we could agree on.

It is a new account, little feedback and still on 21 day holds.

My payment for the item is due to clear in 48 hours......and is still showing it will after the request was opened. Will it still clear? If I 'accept' the return via the onscreen options will it then stop the payment from clearing?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2015

Longevity: 51%
Default Re: Question regarding returns....

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
I NEVER get returns, and don't offer them as my goods are not new, but have had a request for one today. Kind of angry with myself because it was a fairly valuable used item and alarm bells started ringing when I saw the buyer had private feedback. I was tempted to keep the item and give some story as why I could not send as something didn't feel right about this guy and still doesn't. Get the feeling I may get an empty box back in the post or such.

So, it is at the stage where he has requested a return, instead of immediately accepting, I have asked him if he would be so kind as to take a picture to show me his concerns as I am convinced he is telling porky pies. I have also asked him if their was a 'compromise' price we could agree on.

It is a new account, little feedback and still on 21 day holds.

My payment for the item is due to clear in 48 hours......and is still showing it will after the request was opened. Will it still clear? If I 'accept' the return via the onscreen options will it then stop the payment from clearing?
It should be already stopped from clearing anyway, I would be surprised if it's not.
Old 11-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Well I would have thought that too.....

However on ebay and paypal it is showing as clearing in a few days. I guess this is because no case is open, only a request at the moment? As I said though, I never get returns so this is all new to me.

Just got a reply from the guy saying he will take the pics I requested, he just needs to open the parcel and unwrap the item first. I mean WTF? Either he has used completely the wrong words to describe the action he is doing, or he hasn't even opened the parcel yet, but claims there is a problem with its quality.

Basically I am asking about if the funds will still clear in a few days, because if they do and I can stall it until then and he does send me send me back an empty box, then at least I have a straight choice between losing a baby stealth on a saver or losing a chunk of cash.

I don't suppose there is any site I can see what feedback he has been left, is there? If memory serves there doesn't seem to be a way to block those with private feedback. :(
Old 11-10-2015
Threadstarter  

Just found a way to get some of his bid history:

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 31
Items bid on: 19
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 3% Help
Bid retractions: 7
Bid retractions (6 months): 112

That seems a horrendous amount of bid retractions, would there be any 'normal' reason for this?
Old 11-11-2015

Longevity: 49%

isn't there a way of reporting buyers?
Old 11-13-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhan View Post
isn't there a way of reporting buyers?
There is, but you would be better wasting your time by sticking your tongue outside of the window trying to get a fly to land on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-13-2015), realdeals (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015
Threadstarter  

In the end just decided to bite the bullet on this, and ended up agreeing a price of about 40% of the original sale price. I know I am getting shafted a little still.....but it was a decent compromise IMO to keep the stealth going also.

Really wish we could block buyers with private feedback tho :(
The Following User Says Thank You to realdeals For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeals View Post
Just found a way to get some of his bid history.

That seems a horrendous amount of bid retractions, would there be any 'normal' reason for this?

Professional buyer comes to mind.

BUT award yourself a pat on the back for dealing with this so well.

Well in!