How to go about changing PayPal and ebay details of an established account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 11-20-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default How to go about changing PayPal and ebay details of an established account?

Is it possible to change the PayPal account associated to an existing ebay account and even change the ebay user details? or would it be a red flag?

The account has matured and achieved a significant milestone in ebay and has had couple of thousands increment in allowance over several months. I have just had limited lifted in PayPal and everything is in good standing on both platforms and I can identify with this account as the one to take me to the million dollar listings in the very near future so going forward I think it would be right time to change the details. If going limited company is what it would take then I wouldn't mind doing it.

NOTE: I just want to properly identify with this while I still have several stealth side, side.

Please guide me from your experience.

Last edited by taerese; 11-20-2015 at 07:02 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: How to go about changing PayPal and ebay details of an established account?

can you explain more....

to be clear, do you mean just the address, not the name? Yes just change it in both eb and pp.

Ive done it before and not triggered anything, I get you are nervous, it is like tiptoeing around a sleeping tiger......the paypal card may need updating due to address change...

Or do you mean, swapping out the paypal to a different one? that depends, it depends on if the paypal is a clean one if it was with a different eb or stand-alone and the name on it etc. In theory you can add any clean paypal to any eb and the details do not need to match, I have done this to take individual payments from ebay sales, whilst original pp was maxed out and no issues, long-term though, dunno...

if you want to change the name on it, well you cannot change a personal name but you can add or change if going to upgrade to business.....

million dollar account? no spreading is better.....

Last edited by oompaloompa; 11-20-2015 at 03:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
ilcarletto (11-20-2015), taerese (11-20-2015)
Old 11-20-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: How to go about changing PayPal and ebay details of an established account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
can you explain more....
Swapping the PayPal to a new clean one with new name, perhaps verified as a business seller. Change the Name and address on ebay.

million dollar account? YES, I have seen several sellers with gazzilion reviews, some of these I suppose are million dollar account. The advantage I see in these type of accounts is that you do a runner with selling and it will be difficult for any defect to really catch up with you. An account doing two thousands units of sales on a daily basis will not really care about 1 or 5 defects in a week.

Yeah, there will be spreading and I will continue to have stealths and buy more on a daily basis when I get to that stage but I think once your account is in good standing, its worth doing a runner like catch me if you can to defect.

Thanks for the response @ oompaloompa, very well appreciated.

Peace out
Old 11-20-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Red flag territory

Address changes work.

Consider carefully other changes

Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 56%

Don't understand why you're doing that, why don't you just upgrade your current paypal to a business account? They don't check if you're a ltd. Wouldn't do so much money on 1 account though, £7k a month is my highest.
Lot in the news about hmrc cracking down on ebay and amazon letting people get away with vat evasion so I'm staying below that. Wasn't bothered about losing it before but now it has 2k feedback I'd like to keep it or maybe sell it in the future as a business
Old 11-20-2015

Longevity: 77%

Keeping it between £4-5k is a nice amount. You don't overstep that 'merchant identity review' mark.