Easiest to open UK bank account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 01-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default Easiest to open UK bank account?

I do not have any troubles with ebay/paypal, but still want an bank account+ visa card to withdraw funds from my paypal as My visa card from my home country has now expired and I don't want to go back to renew :(

The problem is.. I don't have any ''proof of address'' as I don't pay any bills in my name, I don't mind going to the branch to open up an account but wanted to know which one is the easiest to get approved at? I just need a debit card/bank account and heard that it's hard to get an bank account at this country for some reason

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-25-2016
just_smile

Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Easiest to open UK bank account?

Typically you will need to show them your passport/driving license and then some sort of bill to prove you live at your address.

All banks will require the same information. You can call them to explain your situation.

I have just Googled 'barclays bank, documents needed for UK bank account'. it shows a list of documents you can provide. At the bottom of the list is a number to call if you can't provide those documents. Give them a call and see what they say.

Do the same for each bank until you are happy with one.
Old 01-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Always consider speaking to a bank in person.

You mentioned your other cards are expired. Is there a bank from your country in the UK?

If your papers are in order, then you should have no problems.
Old 01-25-2016

Longevity: 54%

Surely you MUST have something in your own name?

Tenancy agreement?

Do you work? If so you will have some kind of documents with a tax reference on it. If you don't you will still have similar info if you receive benefits?
Old 01-25-2016
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

As mentioned by realdeals Tax Coding letter from HMRC can be accepted as ID.

You may run into problems in banks as you are not going to be able to fulfill any of the "standard" ID requirements. So long as you have something from HMRC with your address and photo ID you can open a basic account. Be firm if you are refused or told to apply online. A lot of branches don't want to deal with those requesting basic banking facilities simply because they know they wont be able to sell you any credit cards/ loans.

Also if you have yet to be sure to get yourself on the voters roll.
Old 01-26-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

I guess depending on how old you are, you can ask your parents to add your name to their electric bill or get a mobile phone contract.

If you are under 18 you can always get a parent or guardian to take you to open an account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bunneh For This Useful Post:
ethanhunt (06-12-2018)
Old 01-27-2016

Longevity: 62%

go to post office with a photo and some id , for £12.50 , you will have id you can use at the bank or anywhere else.
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 73%

Which banks can you open online easily? Im in the uk
Old 01-29-2016

Longevity: 60%

You can open loads, Ive opened natwest, hsbc online then once you have a current account open a couple of savings accounts. Just stay away from lloyds, loads of people will tell you this. They don't like mismatch names
Old 01-30-2016

Longevity: 48%

Coventry Building Society money manager online (credit to another user for that info) was the easiest I've opened.... or a Post Offfice savings account online
Old 01-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by colie72 View Post
Coventry Building Society money manager online (credit to another user for that info) was the easiest I've opened.... or a Post Offfice savings account online
Be quick with the Post Office. They ARE currently accepting applications from new customers to open online savers, but that is not always the case. Before Christmas they stopped for a while. Even though they say only one account per customer, once you have opened one up, they will offer you more. I have five now. Only real pain can be the time delay withdrawing to your nominated account. If you take cash out after 4 p.m on a Friday do not expect to see it until the following Monday morning.
Old 02-08-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%

Let me tell you the banking system in UK SUUUCKS ASS!!
Drove today 30mins to another city where nationwide and santander banks are, asked to open basic bank account, and guess what , you must book an appointment to open an account :D :D LOOOL? that stuff takes less than 5mins and you must schedule an appointment a week ahead,, wtf?

Now I want to open an basic bank account at Nationwide online, started filling out the form where they also asked if I have financial problems to which I said no, and guess what- I can't open just basic bank account than If I don't have any problems...and that i must open a creditcard than.. WTF.. I don't want to open a creditcard Just want a debitcard.
Old 02-08-2016

Yes, a lot of banks will only offer you their most basic account if you do not pass the credit scoring for a higher status account.
Old 02-08-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

I always tell them I want to pay my benefits into them.

Barclays are a real pain though. Wanted me to have a 1 hour financial consultation to open a basic account. I asked why and the girl went away to ask the manager if they really needed to and she came back and said it was the law!
Old 02-14-2016

Longevity: 75%

coop cash minder was easy for me

lloyds tsb was a no no

Halifax is hit or miss

think money was no credit check but they charge £15.00 a month

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 02-14-2016 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-15-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post

lloyds tsb was a no no

Halifax is hit or miss

Talking rubbish as usual. No problem with Halifax. Only reason stevebills had issues was because he was committing fraud and money laundering by putting paypal money through a childs account.
Old 02-15-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebills View Post

lloyds tsb was a no no

Halifax is hit or miss

If halifax closes your account it stands to reason you wont be able to use lloyds either
Old 05-27-2018

Longevity: 34%

Hi, the account I use to pay money in from paypal is the icount APS pre paid Master card current account and it is the easiest account you can get, and with no credit checks and takes about 10 mins to open online. It is a prepaid MasterCard account and is online only. I have this account. Anyone can get one. I pay PayPal money onto it all the time sometimes 4-5 times a week. You can go online and pay companies and people and bills instantly whenever you want.

The only thing is it has a min limit you have to pay in each month of £1000 + and you can't pay more than £5500 in a month in to it which is the same for about 90% of all current accounts now days. You can pay cash in via post office or employers can pay in via bacs direct to your account. The fee is £9.99 a month and it has a credit builder and overdraft and loan facility plus they make sure that your D Debits are always paid even when you don't have enough money to pay them by lending you up to £50 that you can pay back when you want with about 50 uk pence interest.

The £9.99 fee helps you build up your credit score and all the management benefits you get like paying d debits when you don't have enough in your account to pay them, and they email you when direct debits are due to come out etc etc. They do a Business account as well, but I recommend the basic account as it is much simpler and more beneficial. Some direct debits like council tax you cant do as a direct debit as the council can't take direct debits via master card accounts you need to pay by cash at post office, but this is no problem as you can pay it when you have the cash.

This account took my credit score from 150-282 in a year as I am blacklisted and paying off several debts at £1.00 a month.

Free credit check with clear score online. Clear score helps you up your credit score with a few simple tasks and finds you credit cards, loans, finance of all kinds without compromising your credit score. This company works via Experian, been t uses its own web site and software.
Thanks.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 05-29-2018 at 10:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Andypenn For This Useful Post:
chimera (05-28-2018)
Old 05-28-2018
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%

You can use many online banks which allow you to open accounts in minutes u account revlout etc
Old 05-29-2018

Smile Re: Easiest to open UK bank account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andypenn View Post
Hi, the account I use to pay money in from paypal is the icount APS pre paid Master card current account and it is the easiest account you can get, and with no credit checks and takes about 10 mins to open online. ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
You can use many online banks which allow you to open accounts in minutes u account revlout etc
Indeed, like e2free said above, there are others too like 'U Account' similar to the iCount account and even 'Cashplus Freedom Current Account' which you can open with no credit check and also has DDs & Standing Order facility etc is even cheaper to run as no monthly fee, plus even free to take money out from an ATM, also you receive £10 FREE upon first load of £50 into the account after opening (that is - if you open the Cashplus - Freedom Current Account with a moneysupermarket link)

Last edited by 8ies0564; 05-29-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 05-29-2018

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joffieJaffa View Post
go to post office with a photo and some id , for £12.50 , you will have id you can use at the bank or anywhere else.
Really? What is the name of this service? Do they give you photo ID?
Old 06-01-2018

HSBC is very easy but causes too much security issue. They are watched strictly.