help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 04-24-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 71%
Cool help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership

Hello Everyone
I have been running sale on ebay.co.uk for last 3 years using my friends ebay account. He was registered there as a self employed person and letting me sale through his account.

Now I would like to change the account ownership to LTD company.
The problem is that I do NOT want my friend to be anyhow connected with this account any longer. So the LTD COMPANY would belong only to my own LTD company.

Could you tell me how I should prepare for the change? Is ebay going to check who is behind newly created LTD COMPANY? If so...how I could solve it ?

thanks for any tips and recommendations
Namaste
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-24-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership

Even if you did change the details, ebay would still hold the information for your friend (who initially created this account). This is because the transfer of ownership of ebay accounts is not actually an option.

Lets take a basic example, changing your name on your ebay account. Easy. But, ebay still have a log of your previous names on the account.

Your friend will forever be a part of this account. If you want him out, the account needs to go with him and you need to start from scratch.
Old 04-24-2016

Longevity: 56%

you could try having your friend ring up and say hes selling his sole trader business, you're supposed to be able to transfer accounts as part of selling a business. Not tried though so not sure how it would go.
Old 04-24-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_ebay View Post
you could try having your friend ring up and say hes selling his sole trader business, you're supposed to be able to transfer accounts as part of selling a business. Not tried though so not sure how it would go.
Thats interesting, im not sure if ebay will honour that. But poses another question, is this a business account or personal? and if business, how long has it been in that type?

If your only just upgrading to business and trying to flog it off right away, I doubt ebay will look in your favour.

Again, I stand by my initial comment, ebay will hold a log of your friends details, sold, transferred or otherwise.
Old 04-24-2016
Threadstarter  

Cool Re: help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership

thanks guys for sharing your opinions on that
to be honest...5 years ago this account was on my name..than I moved this ebay account from another country to UK..and then I made my friend the owner of that account.
So there was a lot of inquires and he had to sent his id documents...credit card number. ebay also asked him to take a face photo with the products that he actually wants to sell...
but that was 5 yrs ago... so I wonder what ebay can do right now?

there are some opinions on this forum that ebay does not allow to sell the current account to someone else...
on the other hand..if that is LTD company and existing business..then why not
Old 04-24-2016

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
thanks guys for sharing your opinions on that
to be honest...5 years ago this account was on my name..than I moved this ebay account from another country to UK..and then I made my friend the owner of that account.
So there was a lot of inquires and he had to sent his id documents...credit card number. ebay also asked him to take a face photo with the products that he actually wants to sell...
but that was 5 yrs ago... so I wonder what ebay can do right now?

there are some opinions on this forum that ebay does not allow to sell the current account to someone else...
on the other hand..if that is LTD company and existing business..then why not
The accounts for sale are all in fa ke names and stay in the same fa ke name. Don't think many have a ltd company here tbh lol
Old 04-24-2016

Keep us posted on how things go.

FYI - If you decide to make new accounts in future, keep them isolated from your details and your friends details - their now well acquainted with the ebay database.
Old 04-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Cool Re: help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership

thanks... do you think that running another ebay account on VPS server with the permanent IP .. would be safe? or might be somehow risky?
cheers
Old 04-25-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
thanks... do you think that running another ebay account on VPS server with the permanent IP .. would be safe? or might be somehow risky?
cheers
I assume you mean VPN (VPS would imply your doing the setup yourself and could prove costly in the end). If VPN is what you meant, they are good in the sense they solve the IP linking issue. You seem new to the stealth scene, so this might be a good way of keeping things simple for you.

Many users opening accounts with VPN's, personally its hard to judge the risk. In one respect its a good thing - your getting a Dedicated IP, on the other hand, every user on this forum is using the same VPN service.

I would focus on the bigger picture, keeping your account in good standing at all times, dont sell *questionable* items, that will draw ebay eyes onto your account.
Old 04-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 54%

Simply chnage the registration name and address on ebay to new Ltd company and also add company number to ebay account if you have business account already should not be any issue at all but if it's personal you may get suspension by changing the name. You will get problem with paypal as they will require documents from you and if the name does not match which in your case as it's on your friends name they will limit your account. In past you can sell your business including your eBay account but now I think ebay chnaged it. But as I said u can simply change the name from ebay if it's business account
Old 04-30-2016

Longevity: 80%

If I were you I would not bother attempting your above plan as this will potentially jeopardize your EB/PP setup.

For a LTD stealth setup, all you need it the LTD bank account attached to the PP for withdrawing to.
Old 04-30-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
If I were you I would not bother attempting your above plan as this will potentially jeopardize your EB/PP setup.

For a LTD stealth setup, all you need it the LTD bank account attached to the PP for withdrawing to.
OP wants his friends details ditched from the account, opened under friends details. Sure transfer etc. could be possible, but I cannot help but believe ebay will hold a trace of the friends details.

I have seen it in a few similar cases before.
Old 05-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

To be honest I don't think ebay hold previous names etc. I used I think over 20 times name on business account never had issue
Old 05-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
To be honest I don't think ebay hold previous names etc. I used I think over 20 times name on business account never had issue
That is utter nonsense. The rep you speak to over the phone can even see previous names on the account.
Old 05-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

I don't agree sorry I ring ebay every week and sometime even the name chnage to business name and then before calling them put other name and it works maybe just with me
Old 05-01-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
I don't agree sorry I ring ebay every week and sometime even the name chnage to business name and then before calling them put other name and it works maybe just with me
They can see you've changed the name. I have changed my name previously to something that contravened ebay policy (did it multiple times), and each time I called in, the advisor (before proceeding with the call) directed me step by step on how to change it back to my original name. They can even tell you your original name. They can tell you when changes were made. They can tell you what changes were made. The point is, I have experienced this first hand multiple times, and therefore I know for a fact the reps on the other side of the phone (with their little intellect) can see these changes.
Old 05-01-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thumbs up Re: help :) changing ebay.co.uk account ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
They can see you've changed the name. I have changed my name previously to something that contravened ebay policy (did it multiple times), and each time I called in, the advisor (before proceeding with the call) directed me step by step on how to change it back to my original name. They can even tell you your original name. They can tell you when changes were made. They can tell you what changes were made. The point is, I have experienced this first hand multiple times, and therefore I know for a fact the reps on the other side of the phone (with their little intellect) can see these changes.
Thanks play noted
Old 09-08-2019

Longevity: 26%

Hi
I am in a similar situation
My Ebay account is Ltd
It was created by my employee

He has not left the company. Some how there is a restriction for effect rates.
Ebay is asking a photo ID to verify ID.
I wanna change the name to mine now.