Advice on large turnover accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 05-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Advice on large turnover accounts

Hey guys, it's been a while. Mostly because I have been so damn busy on ebay lol.

SO one of my accounts is turning over about £5k a month. If it carries on increasing like this it wont be long before I am hitting VAT threshold. This in itself is quite a scary thing from a person who started selling on ebay as a little extra on the side to support his new baby.

In todays ebay world, is there anything I need to be aware of or to avoid when turning over this amount with them?

Would it be sensible to pull back a few items and start them on another account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-22-2016
Banned

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Advice on large turnover accounts

If you don't have backup accounts, better created 5-10 so you can get them started and spread your sales on them.
Old 05-22-2016
Threadstarter  

I have 4 in use. Just this one is turning over large
Old 05-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I can't give advice from a UK perspective and I don't know anything about VAT. But I can say your turnover is relatively low from Ebay's perspective at this point. My best business account averages $30k per month in sales. In my opinion, the bigger accounts like that which make Ebay lots of money are WAYY stronger than some random 5/500 account.

Just make sure you're staying on top of your customer service at all times, because obviously you don't want to lose this account.
Old 05-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Depends on what you are comfortable doing.

Spreading sales is ideal to help maintain control of your own business.

Well Done YOU!!!!!

Made my day to hear from you.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Kiroshi (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016
Threadstarter  

My concern is that ebay will ask for VAT submissions etc, which would obviously not be able to be done in the name they are expecting to see.

Is this something they are likely to do?
Old 05-22-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroshi View Post
My concern is that ebay will ask for VAT submissions etc, which would obviously not be able to be done in the name they are expecting to see.

Is this something they are likely to do?
Do what you planned to do... take a few items off, put them on a new account, and spread the sales over the two accounts.
That should keep you going for a little while.

Make sure to pay your VAT though if you are hitting the threshold, regardless of what you are trying to do with ebay.
Old 05-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Do what you planned to do... take a few items off, put them on a new account, and spread the sales over the two accounts.
That should keep you going for a little while.

Make sure to pay your VAT though if you are hitting the threshold, regardless of what you are trying to do with ebay.
Oh dont worry dude, I work in finance as my day job so know the score. Did full return for ebay last year etc
Old 05-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

I had a similar problem around Christmas time, as one of my accounts seemed to take more and more- I liked selling on it as well, just a good timing I guess.
I started nearing £4k and then read Jeffs post about trying to stay under $5k limits, just in case.
Instantly I started spreading my sales more and I sleep like a baby.

I have 7 active accounts and I realised that two of them were doing £300-700 a month whilst few others were doing £2-4k a month.
So I just planned a bit and spread the items across different accounts and now they are all steady grinding happily somewhere between £1-2k a month on all accounts.

Does it make thing harder? Not at all, I just realised that I was being a bit lazy and focused too much on the selling aspect and I didn't take enough time to plan and investigate my own patterns.

I put it down to inexperience- When I started my stealth I just wanted to get back to selling and I was very concerned about my stock and financial position. I got so used to the "just get back selling" mindset that I didn't switch my focus once I was back to where I was.
I make good money during December/January and I just got cought up in the momentum of purely making money.

Once I March and sales slowed down a bit, I had time to really sit down and focus on numbers, future and sales tactics.
Now I have moved few things around, changed couple of things that I do and adjusted my stock evenly between accounts and also working on this holiday season, to ensure that I'm in a stable position across all accounts.

Just a learning curve... That you need to learn from