UK based seller with stealth account questions - IS THERE A CATCH? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 06-25-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 45%
Default UK based seller with stealth account questions - IS THERE A CATCH?

Hello,
I'm about to open an eBay Stealth account but it seems like there has to be a catch, so I have some questions before I begin:

- The eBay UK website states that seller accounts cannot be verified using a prepaid card - doesn't this rule out VCCs? I'm worried about going to the expense of buying one if it isn't usable.

- Why are separate VCCs needed for a stealth eBay and stealth Paypal account - can I not use one VCC for both? Also should the VCC be in my name or someone else's?

- How do I get a new home address?!? Can I use PO or mailbox addresses or is there an alternative?

- After receiving more than a certain amount in payments, I would need to verify my Paypal account to lift limits and be able to keep using it. As I've done this before on a legitimate account, I know that proof of ID is needed for verification such as a utility bill with my name and home address on it. If I'm not using my real home address (and obviously for a stealth account I can't), I can't produce a utility bill so how can I verify my account successfully?

It seems easy enough to get new IP addresses and phone numbers, but the postal address, credit card and bank account (and of course Paypal verification) sound difficult to set up successfully.

Finally, I had considered purchasing a pre-made account - this would be a last resort as I'd prefer to set myself back up on a lower budget, but I'll keep it in mind. However when it comes to buying these accounts online, isn't it dangerous if it's linked to another person's bank details and address? What is there to stop the account's original owner from complaining to Paypal that it's been hacked, getting a new password to reclaim the account, and then withdrawing the funds I earn to their previously registered bank account? They would surely have a legal right to do so and as I would have been using their identity falsely, I would have no grounds to complain! Although I like the sound of a pre-made account, unless I'm missing something, it seems a lot could go wrong.

Any advice would be very much appreciated. Looking forward to your responses.

Best wishes
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-25-2016

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: UK based seller with stealth account questions - IS THERE A CATCH?

You can use vcc's, different vcc so ebay can't see you're 'stealthing'.

Most use random addresses

'creative' ID, thats what the 'paypal verification' or whatever for £50 in the marketplace is

postal address as above, if you need to accept returns you can use a po box aswell. Credit card as above we use vccs. You can use any bank account to withdraw, paypal don't see the name.

The seller will of removed the bank and used a random address and name. Change all the passwords and questions. Seller on here did actually do that to people before and stole their money, if you change the above then they can't though
Old 06-25-2016
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the info. The only thing I'm worried about now is lifting Paypal receiving limits - it turns out that once you reach £1900, they will want to see photographic ID such as a passport, not just the utility bill. I don't know how to resolve this part

As it was originally just my eBay account that was suspended, can I use my real Paypal account with it, or will eBay realise who I am as soon as I link the two accounts? I heard that eBay and Paypal are no longer part of the same company so maybe eBay wouldn't have access to Paypal details - should I risk it?

As for the other option, purchasing a previously owned Paypal account, if there's no longer a bank account on there, wouldn't it be non-verified again? and if I do add a bank account, it will be obvious it's in a different name to the name of the person who opened the account....

I'm looking for a way to make the stealth account a long-time earner rather than temporary... any advice much appreciated!
Old 06-25-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeferrari View Post
Finally, I had considered purchasing a pre-made account - this would be a last resort as I'd prefer to set myself back up on a lower budget, but I'll keep it in mind. However when it comes to buying these accounts online, isn't it dangerous if it's linked to another person's bank details and address? What is there to stop the account's original owner from complaining to Paypal that it's been hacked, getting a new password to reclaim the account, and then withdrawing the funds I earn to their previously registered bank account? They would surely have a legal right to do so and as I would have been using their identity falsely, I would have no grounds to complain! Although I like the sound of a pre-made account, unless I'm missing something, it seems a lot could go wrong.
When you purchase an account, change the password after a few days. Don't change it right away as it can look suspicious to ebay (new computer logging in and changing passwords all of a sudden).

Once you've changed a lot of these details, it won't be so easy for the seller to get back into the account themselves.

To become an account seller now, you need a flawless reputation on the forum and you get thoroughly verified by the man himself, Aspkin - who owns the forum. So the likelihood of a seller scamming you is slim.

If your extra worried, just ensure you don't keep too much funds in your PayPal account. Leave some to cover fees/returns and withdraw the rest on a daily/weekly basis.

Finally - deal with someone you trust and has a green badge stating their a verified account seller on the forum.
Old 06-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

- deal with someone you trust and has a green badge stating their a verified account seller on the forum.
You would be much more accurate to say that that only posters with a green badge are verified and approved to sell on the forum, imo.
Old 06-25-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
What is there to stop the account's original owner from complaining to Paypal that it's been hacked,
Where did you get the idea that account sellers are selling hacked accounts????

Quote:
Although I like the sound of a pre-made account, unless I'm missing something, it seems a lot could go wrong.
You are missing something, especially when you think the accounts sold on here are hacked.
Old 06-26-2016
Threadstarter  

Hi, I wasn't suggesting that hacked accounts are being sold but that the person who owned the account originally and then sold it on to me could later complain that I had hacked into his account without permission and shouldn't be using it etc....
Old 06-28-2016

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The only thing I'm worried about now is lifting Paypal receiving limits - it turns out that once you reach £1900, they will want to see photographic ID such as a passport, not just the utility bill. I don't know how to resolve this part

As it was originally just my eBay account that was suspended, can I use my real Paypal account with it, or will eBay realise who I am as soon as I link the two accounts? I heard that eBay and Paypal are no longer part of the same company so maybe eBay wouldn't have access to Paypal details - should I risk it?

As for the other option, purchasing a previously owned Paypal account, if there's no longer a bank account on there, wouldn't it be non-verified again? and if I do add a bank account, it will be obvious it's in a different name to the name of the person who opened the account....

I'm looking for a way to make the stealth account a long-time earner rather than temporary... any advice much appreciated!

Im in the process of making my own stealth account how do i get over this ....... (""it turns out that once you reach £1900 on your paypal account they will want to see proof of address ID ect ect ""
Old 06-28-2016

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
Im in the process of making my own stealth account how do i get over this ....... (""it turns out that once you reach £1900 on your paypal account they will want to see proof of address ID ect ect ""

The normal response you get on here is to "be creative"

Plenty of the marketplace sellers have the tools at their disposal to "get creative" for you if you "aren't creative" yourself.

The fee for asking them to "being creative" on your behalf is usually around the £50 mark for UK but if you "are creative" then you maybe able to do it cheaper!
Old 06-28-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithaplan View Post
The normal response you get on here is to "be creative"

Plenty of the marketplace sellers have the tools at their disposal to "get creative" for you if you "aren't creative" yourself.

The fee for asking them to "being creative" on your behalf is usually around the £50 mark for UK but if you "are creative" then you maybe able to do it cheaper!
what sort of answer is that 1900 pounds paypal will ask questions ..will they ask questions or not
Old 06-29-2016

ok i understand
Old 07-02-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Hi, I wasn't suggesting that hacked accounts are being sold but that the person who owned the account originally and then sold it on to me could later complain that I had hacked into his account without permission and shouldn't be using it etc....
Accounts sold on this forum are created to sell.

It would not be ethical to report the accounts hacked to claim them back.
We would also not be able to resell such accounts onwards since the buyer could have already placed risks on the accounts eg : banned ip , being linked etc..

The marketplace reputation along with its sellers would not last very long if we were to do this to our buyers.