MyHermes Scam - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 07-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 48%
Angry MyHermes Scam

Hello

I have been sending thousands of parcels via MyHermes, a couple got lost as I expect because its such a cheap **** company however all issues were sorted regarding that. Recently however I feel I'm being scammed by them and their stupid terms and conditions.

Last week I sent a parcel weighing 0.92kg (checked by myself multiple times), I paid £2.75 for it and was happy paying that. A day later I receive an invoice for £6.50 because my parcel was apparently checked by government approved equipment and had a weight of over 2kg.....Thats over double what I weighed it as. I paid this invoice straight away as I didn't want a dispute with the buyer. Anyways I lodged several complaints and i've been completely ignored.

Then yesterday I sent off 6 parcels all between 1-2kg, checked multiple times again. All parcels with the exact same weight as eachother yet all of a sudden I receive 2 invoices off them for £4.99 each. Apparently this time one parcel weighed 3.16 kg and the other 3.14 kg. I feel this is just some sort of scam as I have agreed to their scummy T&Cs. Is there anything I can do to avoid paying these 2 charges because to be quite honest I may aswell have hand delivered the parcels to my buyers instead of using this dreadful company?

Thank You
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: MyHermes Scam

I completely agree MyHermes can be very difficult to deal with, and their service can often reflect their low prices - but just to make sure your 1000% correct, have you weighed your items on another scale? maybe take it to your post office, to get it weighed.

Sometimes weighing scales can be the ones at fault, or sometimes you have to zero/tare before each use, are you making sure your doing this?

Just make sure you are absolutely right before pursuing this, as it won't look great if in the end you found out it was all because your own scale was a little faulty lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (07-18-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

I'm 90% sure my scales are all good haha, just by judgement there's absolutely no chance for example the first parcel would be over 2kg. Also, i've sent out many of these identical parcels out with a 1-2kg parcel weight with MyHermes and I've had zero problems, all of a sudden they come chasing after me, i'll query it but no doubt they won't budge.

I sent an iPad with them once (sold for £380), they had a promotion on at the time so I decided to go with them, I paid for full insurance, I paid for a signature of the item and what happened...they left the item in a 'safe place' and the parcel was stolen...Luckily after a lot of haggling I received all compensation as the buyer was very helpful. Nightmare company but its no thrills and you can't beat their prices
Old 07-18-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Max value I would send out with them is £10, iPad - Never!

They randomly check parcel weights, very random, so you wouldn't expect it to happen every time.
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Max value I would send out with them is £10, iPad - Never!

They randomly check parcel weights, very random, so you wouldn't expect it to happen every time.
And i'm one of them unfortunate bunch I guess...I'll query it tomorrow and see what happens
Old 07-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

90% belief in your scales is not quite enough....

Those scales are 98% accurate dont you know....nudge nudge wink wink...

That said, stick it to this mo fo sorry excuse ...

On the other hand, consider a better pair of scales for the future. Tax deduction after all.

Keep us posted on this too please.

Haidukken (07-20-2016)
Old 07-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
90% belief in your scales is not quite enough....

Those scales are 98% accurate dont you know....nudge nudge wink wink...

That said, stick it to this mo fo sorry excuse ...

On the other hand, consider a better pair of scales for the future. Tax deduction after all.

Keep us posted on this too please.

I'll definitely be upgrading the scales now haha for better piece of mind, I'm feeling somewhat confident about this because I don't understand how only 2 out of 6 parcels that are all of the same weight can get flagged up...Saying that it would be my luck for them to charge me £30.
Old 07-19-2016

Longevity: 66%

did you pay myhermes with a credit card ? My hermes never hold a parcel back even though they say so. They have no facility for storing parcesl and all parcels go through. what is a governemnet approved scale ?? it is bollo _ _ s. ask for a copy of the calibration certificate of their scales. tell them to refund the extra you paid or you will initiate a charge back with debit card credit card company . then tell them you will make a subject access request (cost to you is £10 dtat protection act) for a copy of all data they hold on you. Every invoice email transaction the lot, including phone calls and emails. It wil cost them a lot of money and time to service your subject access request. dont let them f_ck with you.
Old 07-19-2016

Longevity: 80%

They could be charging you the volumetric weight of the item, rather than the actual weight.

E.g. we send some items with UPS and TNT that the actual weight is 28.5kg. However, volumetrically, they are calculated at over 40kg - we get charged the greater of the two. Both couriers use dimensional laser scanners at the main hub on the conveyors to calculate the volumetric weight. They are generally out a slight bit, but not by much at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbill For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (07-20-2016)
Old 07-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

Bigbill is spot on here

MyHermes will charge you by which ever makes them the most money.

Have you been measuring the parcels dimensions?
Old 07-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
Bigbill is spot on here

MyHermes will charge you by which ever makes them the most money.

Have you been measuring the parcels dimensions?
No, I didn't think this would be an issue but obviously these guys are crafty buggers...Anything to make extra money. Thank you everybody for the help
Old 07-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Just a quick update...I have complained to myhermes and they have lifted the charges, took me quite a while but it was worth it in the end. Thank you all for your help!
Old 07-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 53%

more like MyHerpes, what an absoulute nightmare of a company.

I order stuff online a lot and every now and again it gets delivered by my local Hermes/Yodel guys and I... I don't know how to describe them. They are like the two robbers from Home Alone, but even worse.

One of them is driving, whilst other one has the big Strongbow bottle in his lap. I've seen them throw **** in my garden before and once I cought them throwing the parcel against my 1st floor window- The window was open, but they missed it.

I've actually thought about getting CCTV set up, just to get them on tape- They are hilarious dynamic duo.
Old 07-20-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haidukken View Post
more like MyHerpes, what an absoulute nightmare of a company.

I order stuff online a lot and every now and again it gets delivered by my local Hermes/Yodel guys and I... I don't know how to describe them. They are like the two robbers from Home Alone, but even worse.

One of them is driving, whilst other one has the big Strongbow bottle in his lap. I've seen them throw **** in my garden before and once I cought them throwing the parcel against my 1st floor window- The window was open, but they missed it.

I've actually thought about getting CCTV set up, just to get them on tape- They are hilarious dynamic duo.
That's quite normal my Hermes Driver always comes drunk most of the items he comes around 10 or 1030 In the morning and u can smell it

Not sure how he get away from cops
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
Haidukken (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016

Longevity: 60%

You are not the only one.. I once got issue with them with similar situation. I was sending a parcel weighs 5kg, they sent me an email saying they weighed it and it was 7 kg. I was 1000% sure it was not overweight, and replied to email email stating I have re weigh the parcel at my end and it was all correctly scaled.

They automatically released the parcel.

I believe their prices being so cheap, they are somehow scamming their customers for extra revenue. I try to avoid their service where possible.