How to list across several ebay accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-18-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default How to list across several ebay accounts?

I have an ebay account with close to 400 unique products. Now, how do I go about listing same or some of the products across several accounts.

I suppose there should be an easier way to do this instead of relisting one by one across multiple accounts.

Whats the best approach please?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: How to list across several ebay accounts?

The safest thing to do is to relist them one by one

Are you using basic HTML or something a bit more complex for your listing pages?
Old 08-18-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post

Are you using basic HTML or something a bit more complex for your listing pages?
I believe I am using the basic. I just click sell and list.

Relisting them might not be feasible at all. Think of it, how long do you think it would take to relist 300 unique items across 19 different ebay accounts? The esense of my wanting to having that much account is to increase exposure and probability of sale. I may not have more than 2 quty of each item and once sold it is sold
Old 08-18-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by taerese View Post
I may not have more than 2 quty of each item and once sold it is sold

No need to spread sales for exposure on such small quantity. It really does not make sense to do that. Inventory control would be a nightmare as well.
Old 08-19-2016
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

Does sound like a logistics and admin nightmare.

I spend a lot of time thinking about how to work smart rather than working hard!

Just so I'm clear, you have 300-400 items and 1-2 of each item? You have them listed on 1 eBay account and you want to spread them out across several eBay accounts?
Old 08-19-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
Does sound like a logistics and admin nightmare.

I spend a lot of time thinking about how to work smart rather than working hard!

Just so I'm clear, you have 300-400 items and 1-2 of each item? You have them listed on 1 eBay account and you want to spread them out across several eBay accounts?
Yup!

I believe spreading them like that will increase the probability of quick sale while some items might not sell for months with a single account.
Old 08-19-2016
peghmeypong

If your single account has a good track record of fast shipping and feedback, it'll appear much higher up the search rankings than a new account.

New accounts are a good way of spreading your risk but I'm not c Minced this a good reason?

Others may have other opinions.
Old 08-19-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 45%

Quote:

what is optimal out of these option?
Old 08-19-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
what is optimal out of these option?
Do you mean 'What's the different between the two?'

If so, basic HTML will basically be text/colours/formatting being used to list and describe the item.

If your going above and beyond with a fully fledged template, with lots of graphics and images hosted on an external server, then using similar graphics etc. to make another listing on another account - the two will be easily linked during a manual review.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 08-19-2016
peghmeypong

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
If your single account has a good track record of fast shipping and feedback, it'll appear much higher up the search rankings than a new account.

New accounts are a good way of spreading your risk but I'm not c Minced this a good reason?

Others may have other opinions.
c Minced!!

Convinced.

Damn phone.
Old 08-19-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Yup!

I believe spreading them like that will increase the probability of quick sale while some items might not sell for months with a single account.
it does sound like a total nightmare when it comes to stock control

What would happen if you have 1 item listed on 5 accounts but you only had 1 in stock. You then sell that 1 item on all 5 accounts in 10 mins of each other, you can then only actually deliver a single item. You are putting 4 accounts at risk potential
Old 08-19-2016

Out of your 300 products, your hottest sellers are probably 30 items.

Focus on them. Stock them up. Sell them.

Slowly introduce more products to your range. I feel like your jumping into the deep end and you may drown as a result of it.
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
it does sound like a total nightmare when it comes to stock control

What would happen if you have 1 item listed on 5 accounts but you only had 1 in stock. You then sell that 1 item on all 5 accounts in 10 mins of each other, you can then only actually deliver a single item. You are putting 4 accounts at risk potential
That is not a big deal. I'd gone past stock control issue a long time ago, although the headache still comes once in a while. Each item has a unique id, and spread sheet for managing inventory. I have got probably close to 2 thousands items or more but It will take me less than 3 minutes to pick out an item. Update the spreadsheet as soon as an item is picked, then remove it from every other account.
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
Out of your 300 products, your hottest sellers are probably 30 items.

Focus on them. Stock them up. Sell them.

Slowly introduce more products to your range. I feel like your jumping into the deep end and you may drown as a result of it.
Correct but it is easier said than done. For those of you who have mastered the art. Kudos to you. Finding a supplier for the hottest items at the right price is always the headache.
Old 08-20-2016

Quote:
Correct but it is easier said than done. For those of you who have mastered the art. Kudos to you. Finding a supplier for the hottest items at the right price is always the headache.
What I am saying is out of your 400 unique products, you probably have 30 to 40 hottest sellers, Im telling you to focus on taking them across multiple accounts rather than all 400.

IMO you have too much products, and I'm sure 50%+ of those products don't sell for weeks on end, if I'm right, you should drop them, and focus on what sells.
Old 08-20-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
What I am saying is out of your 400 unique products, you probably have 30 to 40 hottest sellers, Im telling you to focus on taking them across multiple accounts rather than all 400.

IMO you have too much products, and I'm sure 50%+ of those products don't sell for weeks on end, if I'm right, you should drop them, and focus on what sells.
Oh I get you now. But I am more particular about spreading the other non popular items to increase their chances instead of spreading the 30/40 products that are already popular. I see your points though but I will be having 2 staff working part time on this so there is no shortage of human resources to spread them out.

Like I told you in PM, I now have a grip on a line of products I can easily shift and I will probably be dominating that vertical soon. (Gods Willing)
Old 08-20-2016

I think you have the concept right on the money, but your not understanding what I am saying from a business/strategic point of view. To bulletpoint...
  • If you take products which don't sell well, over exposing them will only increase sales by a small margin.
  • If you take products which are hot sellers, over exposing them will yeild a lot more sales.
  • If you try to over expose both the above, your low sellers may overshadow the hot sellers.

I know a lot of big sellers, predominantly based on Amazon who dominate their entire niche - they focus on what sells. In fact, all business minded people focus on what sells. Your focus is too broad, and therefore your stock levels aren't great because your spreading your investment. Whilst people stock high quantites of hot sellers, your stocking 3 to 4 of everything. I would go back to the drawing board, just my opinion.

Last edited by Play; 08-20-2016 at 09:59 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
taerese (08-21-2016)