Dongle questions - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 08-21-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%
Default Re: Dongle questions

Quote:
I imagine if you do use the phone tethering option you can only use it for one account as they can log your emei number and MAC address
You can use phone tethering for as many accounts as you wish if the IP is dynamic and IP pool is diverse enough.

They can't log your imei number if you are tethering.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebayorbust View Post
You can use phone tethering for as many accounts as you wish if the IP is dynamic and IP pool is diverse enough.

They can't log your imei number if you are tethering.
Are there any ways that your imei number can be logged ?
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
EBay/PP can't see your MAC address or EMEI using a browser when tethering. Tethering is the same as using a Dongle or MIFI, would still suggest recording your IP changes.
When you say record your IP changes does this mean making a note of each IP and any changes ?
Old 08-22-2016

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake View Post
Are there any ways that your imei number can be logged ?
Nope. Not unless you decide to install ebay/paypal apps on your phone. But even then, not sure if they read IMEI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake View Post
When you say record your IP changes does this mean making a note of each IP and any changes ?
You make a note of IP + the ebay/paypal account you used it on. There's a thread here which has a nice excel file attached to help you log the IP.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohocomer View Post
what is the point of tracking your ip when you use a dongle? there are thousands other users who might be using the same ip for other ebay accounts.
Whilst you may share the same IP as others during the course of selling on the account, you will have unique attributes (which can link you during a manual review). So I highly discourage you from cutting such corner and not logging your IP.

Once you've mastered stealth, work out ways you can do things without having to login to your ebay account. I personally login to accounts once or twice a week, because I can get the rest done without having to login.

Examples: Use Inkfrog to manage listings, or read here to reply to messages without logging into ebay >>> http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...ails-move.html etc.

Hope that all helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Play For This Useful Post:
NigelLikesCheesecake (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016

I actually had a company that used to take mifis and dongles as you call them and reprogram them for free service and we used to sell thousands a month all over the world but we used to write simple scripts to reboot them without unplugging them at all.

Simply double click the script and wait 5 seconds

With the popular brands I wouldn't be surprised if a google search doenst pull up a script.
Old 08-22-2016

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post

Whilst you may share the same IP as others during the course of selling on the account, you will have unique attributes (which can link you during a manual review). So I highly discourage you from cutting such corner and not logging your ip
What unique attributes are you talking about ?
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOKNAPA View Post
What unique attributes are you talking about ?
I don't know what attributes "Play" was referring to but I can tell you that I know these Dongles/mifis/cell phones inside and out at the binary level and there are many identifiers they broadcast and that can not be hidden right in the open header of every bit of data transferred.

Each device has a unique MEID or IMEI which is essentially its Social Security Number and while this not impossible to change it is (depending on the device) very difficult and most times requires expensive tools, training and time.

I used to uses the mifis with completely automated scripts to do just that and then it would log into the internet and go do that which I programmed it to do with a new SSN (MEID or IMEI)

But there are at lest seven other distinctly identifying sets of numbers that are broadcast as well.

AAA shared secret codes which are baked into the device and must hash back to the meid or IMEI

HA codes that also must hash back to the MEID or IMEI

then you have generated Pass codes or AKey codes that are generated from the first 8 digits of the meid or IMEI and in the header packet it broadcasts if theses are correct or false

So any website you travel to can simply capture these codes and compare them if the choose to do so.

It's basically in plan text.

If you know how to run wireshark you can see it

I suppose a lot of sites don't look at that information but from a network security standpoint I could almost guarantee that eBay and Amazon collect that information or at lest a portion of it each time you log in.

They may not look at it right now but I would imagen that they can flip that switch anytime they want and do so especially once the automated system alerts customer service to manually look at your account.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom191 For This Useful Post:
TOOKNAPA (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016

Thanks for this answer, but they don't track these numbers unless you use the app, and I think Play was referring to the account itself, not the device used. But it's good to know! I don't understand what the ssn has to do in this story
Old 08-22-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Thanks for this answer, but they don't track these numbers unless you use the app, and I think Play was referring to the account itself, not the device used. But it's good to know! I don't understand what the ssn has to do in this story
Yeah, this is what happens when people start talking techie talk....he was comparing an EMEI to a SSN, how an SSN is assigned to 1 person alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
tom191 (08-22-2016)
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
I suspect that if they track it via the app (Which technically is just capturing it from your phone and sending it to them) they are capturing it and tracking it via your log in using dongles and mifis. (Which is the same exact thing as you phone for this discussion)

It's so simple to do it would simply be malpractice on their part to not do it!

They may not use the information as part of their policy but I can't imagine being part of their security team and not making that a mandatory capture field on day 1!
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom191 View Post
I suspect that if they track it via the app (Which technically is just capturing it from your phone and sending it to them) they are capturing it and tracking it via your log in using dongles and mifis. (Which is the same exact thing as you phone for this discussion)

It's so simple to do it would simply be malpractice on their part to not do it!

They may not use the information as part of their policy but I can't imagine being part of their security team and not making that a mandatory capture field on day 1!
Yes, I understand, and I was joking for the ssn, sorry MM78

So, u understand it is simple to track it, but in my opinion, it is more simple to make the verification process of these numbers automatic, so why would they track it to use it only for manual review ?? I think they keep manual review only for what a bit cannot do itself as it still cheaper to pay a robot than to pay a human.
Once again , in my opinion, they don't really care/want to do much verification, but they have to fit to the countries laws and the conditions the countries allow them to work. You can see it as the limit are not the same in each country for example. And we are very far from the day where governments will ask them about imei aaa, etc
Old 08-22-2016

Quote:
Yes, I understand, and I was joking for the ssn, sorry MM78

So, u understand it is simple to track it, but in my opinion, it is more simple to make the verification process of these numbers automatic, so why would they track it to use it only for manual review ?? I think they keep manual review only for what a bit cannot do itself as it still cheaper to pay a robot than to pay a human.
Once again , in my opinion, they don't really care/want to do much verification, but they have to fit to the countries laws and the conditions the countries allow them to work. You can see it as the limit are not the same in each country for example. And we are very far from the day where governments will ask them about imei aaa, etc
Yes I think you are absolutely correct about that! The only things they care about is making money and minimally complying with the law. However the more I learn about Amazon the more I would be careful with mifis and them they seem to enforce the marketplace more then eBay (not that im any expert on Amazon I have only sold like 20 items over there in two years!!!!
Old 08-22-2016

Yes, Amazon are much better at linking accounts than ebay, they do more manual review too
Old 08-23-2016

Longevity: 66%

re recording IP's. if you have IPBurger.com as your default page its displays the ip address and there is a link under it to copy the Ip address to the clipboard making pasting its to your records and saving it easy. also to the right is a list of ip addresses you have used
The Following User Says Thank You to arktech For This Useful Post:
NigelLikesCheesecake (08-23-2016)