Entropay Card Problem With PayPal - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal

UK eBay & Paypal General discussions about eBay.co.uk Suspensions and Paypal.co.uk limited accounts. This forum is geared towards UK eBay & Paypal sellers.

Old 09-02-2016

Activity: 14%
Longevity: 44%
Default Entropay Card Problem With PayPal

Just signed up as a new member as I cannot remember my old login information.. I have been doing this for a while now, but suddenly face a problem.

Every account I create with an entropay card gets limited and I get the following:

'For reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some
more information about the use of your debit or credit card linked to your
PayPal account.'

This has happened in the past month, I have two different entropay accounts, one that I have just opened because of this issue and one that has been going for a long while with no problems until the last month.

Is anyone else getting this and what's the fix or shall I move to a different VCC company, if so any recommendations?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-02-2016
peghmeypong

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 0%
Default Re: Entropay Card Problem With PayPal

Been a couple of people complaining about this.

Are your accounts aged?
Are they bank verified?
Are you using a real address?
Are you building up cookies?
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by peghmeypong View Post
Been a couple of people complaining about this.

Are your accounts aged?
Are they bank verified?
Are you using a real address?
Are you building up cookies?
Yeah my methods have been working for a few years now and never had a problem before, I have read quite a few and can confirm that it happens between 2-4 days after the accounts have been created.

Might be a temp problem. Does anyone know of any other cheapish VCC that will work?
Old 09-02-2016

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 48%

Are we talking about UK account or another country!?
Old 09-02-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othmane View Post
Are we talking about UK account or another country!?
UK accounts.
Old 09-03-2016
peghmeypong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davfos View Post
Yeah my methods have been working for a few years now and never had a problem before, I have read quite a few and can confirm that it happens between 2-4 days after the accounts have been created.

Might be a temp problem. Does anyone know of any other cheapish VCC that will work?
You aren't the first to say that entropay has stopped suddenly but for other people, myself included, it's sill working fine.

PayPal have changed their algorithm and now entropay is pulling people below the required standard.

I've opened a few new accounts and added entropay in the last few days and I'm still not getting the same problem.

There's no guarantee another VCC would avoid the limitations.
Old 09-03-2016
peghmeypong

People that are having problems with entropay:

Are you confirming the card with the ~£1.30 charge which is refunded (this stage is after you have verified your bank account). If not, are you using the card to make a purchase on eBay (even a tiny one, ~£1-3?
Old 09-03-2016
just_smile

If you cant use entropay then there are alternative cards out there, but none as easy and cheap to use an entropay.

I haven't personally made any accounts with entropay for a while, there was reported issues a while back and I stopped using it then.
Old 09-03-2016
MU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davfos View Post

Please ignore Pongy. She claims the issue is everyone elses 'shoddy' account making methods, which is of course total rubbish.

The FACT is Entropay specifically is not as reliable and is more problematic than in the past. The FACT is that paypal are becoming a lot stricter on new accounts WITH ACTIVE LISTINGS using entropay.

Some people have sent in the requested docs and the limitation has been removed, some have been asked for further I.D. Others have just decided to use alternative card options.

However take what Pongy says with a pinch of salt. Her claims are irrelevant that she has made new accounts the last few days using Entropay as she states that she hasn't listed on them. I have now made a total of 12 accounts the last few weeks after making a few more to experiment the last few days. 6 stayed alive after running 3 day auctions and are at present OK. 6 went down, all had ACTIVE auctions running when they went down. However it is only new accounts that list that seem to be at risk, at least at present. No one will know if aging makes a difference until several months time when those that are made now get listed on for the first time. I doubt it will make a difference as aging a stealth is in fact an illogical and unnatural process. It is not something a 'normal non stealther' would do. Also, it is clear not every Entropay made at this moment goes down when you list, it seems roughly 50/50 chance BUT there isn't enough data to give an accurate figure. I would suspect that shorter auctions and 'BINs' that will sell within a couple of days will have a higher chance of survival than say 7 day auctions.

At the end of the day people can read and make their own judgments on what is happening with Entropay. I am someone who has had 30+ successful stealths running well for years without losing ANY before the last few weeks. I believe my information is relevant as I am actively listing on the accounts I create. Pongy is someone who says they create stealths everyday over the last few years, therefore she must have access to over 700 bank accounts to attach to her 700 active stealths. I will yet you be the judge of whether she is credible or not.

Last edited by blobby; 09-03-2016 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-03-2016
peghmeypong

Quote:
Originally Posted by blobby View Post
Please ignore Pongy. She claims the issue is everyone elses 'shoddy' account making methods, which is of course total rubbish.

The FACT is Entropay specifically is not as reliable and is more problematic than in the past. The FACT is that paypal are becoming a lot stricter on new accounts WITH ACTIVE LISTINGS using entropay.

Some people have sent in the requested docs and the limitation has been removed, some have been asked for further I.D. Others have just decided to use alternative card options.

However take what Pongy says with a pinch of salt. Her claims are irrelevant that she has made new accounts the last few days using Entropay as she states that she hasn't listed on them. I have now made a total of 12 accounts the last few weeks after making a few more to experiment the last few days. 6 stayed alive after running 3 day auctions and are at present OK. 6 went down, all had ACTIVE auctions running when they went down. However it is only new accounts that list that seem to be at risk, at least at present. No one will know if aging makes a difference until several months time when those that are made now get listed on for the first time. I doubt it will make a difference as aging a stealth is in fact an illogical and unnatural process. It is not something a 'normal non stealther' would do. Also, it is clear not every Entropay made at this moment goes down when you list, it seems roughly 50/50 chance BUT there isn't enough data to give an accurate figure. I would suspect that shorter auctions and 'BINs' that will sell within a couple of days will have a higher chance of survival than say 7 day auctions.

At the end of the day people can read and make their own judgments on what is happening with Entropay. I am someone who has had 30+ successful stealths running well for years without losing ANY before the last few weeks. I believe my information is relevant as I am actively listing on the accounts I create. Pongy is someone who says they create stealths everyday over the last few years, therefore she must have access to over 700 bank accounts to attach to her 700 active stealths. I will yet you be the judge of whether she is credible or not.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

'She'

I am telling people that if they modify their account making process they can still use entropay.

You don't like it because I told you your account creation process is no longer up to standard.

If you'd been here longer than a few days, you would have seen my posts where i describe my system - I have 20 active seller accounts at any one time. I have hundreds of accounts that are ageing and building up cookies for the future.

Your posts are full of conjecture and speculation, and you've come to the wrong conclusions, i'm afraid. At no point have I claimed to have over 700 bank accounts.

What gets me, I've been adding entropay to some of my accounts to test and get the same errors that you and some other new members are getting and i'm not getting them. There is a fundamental difference in what i'm doing and what you're doing.

I'm trying to help you and the others that have the problem and, because you feel criticised, you won't communicate and, rather pathetically, you're telling other people to ignore me.

In the interest of openness and honesty, i'm going to ask some of the moderators to contact you to help you to understand why your behaviour is so negative and to delete some of your posts.
Old 09-03-2016
peghmeypong

"I will yet you be the judge of whether she is credible or not."

35 Posts, 20 of them attacking me....

You really want to be pointing the finger at who is credible or not??

"The FACT is Entropay specifically is not as reliable and is more problematic than in the past. The FACT is that paypal are becoming a lot stricter on new accounts WITH ACTIVE LISTINGS using entropay."

The FACT is that nobody is arguing with you about this.

Read what you are arguing with, or you will end up looking very silly indeed.

The last person that referred to me as 'she' was SteveBills.

Just saying.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 09-03-2016 at 07:27 AM.
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 35%
Longevity: 81%

A good alternative to Entropay is bank issued VCC then you are saving money. What's more you will likely get the code instantly instead of waiting three days.

Not sure if they are easy to get hold of with uk banks
Old 09-03-2016
peghmeypong

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
A good alternative to Entropay is bank issued VCC then you are saving money. What's more you will likely get the code instantly instead of waiting three days.

Not sure if they are easy to get hold of with uk banks
I've not even heard of these in the UK!
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 63%

HSBC used to have one. They may still do?

Amex also used to have one in the UK but it was discontinued
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
NigelLikesCheesecake (09-04-2016)
Old 09-03-2016
Executive [VIP]

It's good to think out of the box sometimes, there are probably many banks in countries on our doorstep that will give us vcc's. When I go to new country I like to explore the banking options there
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Can anyone recommend any other UK VCC that work well with Paypal and don't come with the price tag of giftcards?
Old 09-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 85%

The giftcards technically only cost £2.75. The £20 balance on them can be used to pay fees.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
sax4 (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Of course, but fees vary greatly and I would like to find a VCC that works very similar to Entropay.
Old 09-04-2016
Executive [VIP]

only similar service i heard about is ecocard but haven't tried it
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax4 View Post
only similar service i heard about is ecocard but haven't tried it
I have come across them so will look into using them, thanks.
Old 09-04-2016
Threadstarter  

If anyone else know any companies please let me know, ideally those for AVS.
Old 09-04-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
HSBC used to have one. They may still do?

Amex also used to have one in the UK but it was discontinued
James, Do you know if the HSBC VCC was AVS ?