Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK eBay Suspensions

UK eBay Suspensions General issues related to UK eBay suspensions

Old 05-26-2017

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

I recently made a new eBay account on a separate laptop, on a new IP. After a month or so and after making 4-5 low value legit purchases my account was suspended. After asking as to why that happened via phone, one customer service employee told me that my account got banned......because my PayPal account didn't have a bank account attached (still had a legit vcc attached).

Has this happened to anybody else? I find the reason very strange to say the least.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2017

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

Yes I think you have been fobbed off there, the rep prob saw a bank account omitted and went on that.. if this was the case then why would they allow you to have and use an account at all
Old 11-27-2017

Longevity: 40%
Default Re: Buyer account banned...because there was no bank attached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam22 View Post
I recently made a new eBay account on a separate laptop, on a new IP. After a month or so and after making 4-5 low value legit purchases my account was suspended. After asking as to why that happened via phone, one customer service employee told me that my account got banned......because my PayPal account didn't have a bank account attached (still had a legit vcc attached).

Has this happened to anybody else? I find the reason very strange to say the least.
They can issue an MC113 suspension for being considered a high-risk with an unverified PayPal account linked making it look even more riskier.

Generally, performing the verification with PayPal may allow eBay to remove the suspension from your account, unless the system is locked as permanent.

Your previous representative was most likely reading the case notes, which is probably based around not being PayPal verified. It would not have been a direct cause of the suspension, it has to be a confined decision based on a mixture of influencing risk factors and an assessment of your account.