eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Linking bank accout to PayPal with different name (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/11025-linking-bank-accout-paypal-different-name.html)

pward33 05-21-2009 09:52 AM

Linking bank accout to PayPal with different name

Hi, I read recently that when linking a bank account to a PayPal account, it doesn’t matter if the name on the bank account does not match the name you give PayPal, as PayPal can’t check it. Does anyone know if this is still definitely the case? I have a bank account in my own name that has never been used for eBay or PP which I’d like to use with a new Stealth account in a new name; will this still work?

I'm talking UK here in case it varies from country to country!

Thanks in advance!

lakeman 05-21-2009 10:01 AM

Yes that is true. Paypal cannot see the name on bank account.

pward33 05-21-2009 10:03 AM

Thanks yet again Lakeman for the fast and helpful response. Appreciated!!

lakeman 05-21-2009 10:13 AM

No problem! :bounce:

greatgoods.2890 06-30-2009 04:06 PM

Although paypal does state:
'Enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. If the names do not match exactly, the transfer will fail and a return fee will be charged. '

Is this true or not? does any1 know?

was on a roll again on ebay, now i want some money........and this is holding me back!!

lakeman 06-30-2009 04:15 PM

No it is not true. The name does not make any difference. If it did, no one would be using stealth accounts! :D

Vicvelcro 06-30-2009 05:49 PM

Right. What you do have to observe is this: If they ever ask you to send a copy of your bank statement, THE INFORMATION ON THE STATEMENT YOU SEND TO PP MUST MATCH WHAT PP HAS ON FILE.

Other than that, no issues. Your name could be Robertiusaciousminimus Smith in real life, your bank could have you on file as Robert Smith, and you can tell PP the name on the account it Rib Smuth. When you move your money, it will work fine (all other normal problems do apply though). If PP asks you to send a statement, make sure you have the bank print the name Rib Smuth on the statement which comes in the mail. You send THAT statement to PP.

GreenBean 06-30-2009 05:54 PM

Wish anyone replying would QUALIFY these statements.
There may be problems with name variations. The forum knows that some UK banks & paypal have given our users problems for stealth purposes. Where months ago, there were few problems, there are changes. :peace:

Vicvelcro 06-30-2009 06:43 PM

You know, now that you bring that up, I do recall some issue with WaMu.

My bad.

Amend my information to include:
Some banks get stinky about name variations and yours MAY require you to open the account in your full legal name and that any monies transferred in or debits from the account MUST include the full legal name the account is registred under.

My apology for missing that the first time around.

luverlyjuberly 08-14-2009 06:01 PM

So have i understood this correctly? When signing up for paypal i use a false name on my direct debit details BUT use my REAL bank account number and sort code?
So i can for example use the name B banks on the direct debit instruction instead of (the real) D Banks and the bank will approve the instruction.

because paypal says 'Enter your name exactly as it appears on your bank account statement. If the names do not match exactly, the transfer will fail and a return fee will be charged. '

and when the bank receives the instruction as long as the REAL bank account number and sort code is correct the bank should approve my instruction to set up a direct debit.
thanks for any replies.

bluemoon999 08-14-2009 06:20 PM

"When signing up for paypal i use a false name on my direct debit details BUT use my REAL bank account number and sort code?" - True, but some banks do not like this now.

luverlyjuberly 08-14-2009 06:37 PM

Thanks for that reply, i can only keep my fingers crossed.
next question:
paypal does say that you can use someone elses name and bank details when signing for the direct debit. has anyone done this and what has happened next, have they asked for further proof you are have legal access to this other account?
the surname would be the same. as i am using a relatives name and address but the bank details (including the account holders name) would be mine.
thanks for any replies.