Have Good PP Acount Never Linked To Ebay - Can I Use It ? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 08-28-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Question Have Good PP Acount Never Linked To Ebay - Can I Use It ?

Hi All
I do have a question, but first I just want to say that this is a really great forum ! I've spent hours on end reading through some very good posts, and though I'd already thought of most of the tips and advice there where a few very VERY good ones that I hadn't - I'm most grateful for that.

Ok - here's my Q ...
I got suspended recently on a pretty dodgy vero claim - 1 year ban. I have done almost all the things needed to get back on - changed ip, flushed system, uninstalled turbolister and removed registry entries, re-installed turbolister and created new listings with different descriptions and new photos on new hosting,dropped on letter from my name yada yada yada ....

Here's the thing ...
I have a perfectly good paypal account - not limited in any way. It was never 'linked' to my ebay account and I have removed the email addy that was used for the suspended ebay account, so ... can I use it ? Obviously the bank account details and paypal profile details will be the same, but will (can ?) ebay be able to know that ?

I have searched extensively on this forum, but as yet have not found an answer that addresses my exact situation (most refer to limited paypal accounts).

Any advice greatly appreciated

Keep up the good work - this site really is a great resource !!!!!!

Elliot
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2008

Longevity: 93%

One piece of advice, when you uninstalled turbolister, did you use add/remove programs, or use a proper uninstaller, like your uninstaller for example?, the reason I ask is, turbolister is notoriously hard to completely remove from your system, you are so much better off using auctiva, it's free to use, and is 100 times better than turbolister, and is one less thing that can link you to your previously banned accounts.
Old 08-28-2008
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 90%

I suppose I'm just used to turbolister but I will check out auctiva if it works in the uk.
I think I used the uninstaller from start/programs/program group but I went through manually afterwords and deleated the stuff it leaves behind. I am pretty computer savy and I am 'fairly' sure I got it all (famouse last words eh lol)

Elliot
Old 08-28-2008

I'm also in the UK, Auctiva works fine, as with anything there is a difficult break in period getting used to something new, but believe me it's well worth it, and even if you did properly remove turbolister from your system, Auctiva is a much safer option.
Old 09-03-2008

Longevity: 91%

How can i check that ive deleted the turbo lister stuff? any advise on this as im not computer savy thanks?
Old 09-03-2008

Google "revo uninstaller", it is totally free to download and use, and will remove all traces of turbolister including registry entries.