Paypal Parting Ways - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 55%
Default Paypal Parting Ways

Ouch. Paypal dont want me any more on my decent Stealth Account.

Paypal Limited me pending upload of ID Verification, which I did, and was accepted, on 14th, and Account Restored. Yay. Or so I thought.

This morning, 19th, the dreaded "parting ways" email saying they considered me too high risk.

A telephone call to paypal. The agent said that the "verification failed" although in itself, thats odd, since the account was restored on 14th, they then said well yes, but now we want further ID verification, a Passport, another utility bill, or a tax document.

They tell me they are prepared to review the account closure if I provide additional verification.

Has anyone else had this issue, and been successful in resolving the account closure?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-19-2014

Default Re: Paypal Parting Ways

What sort of level was your account getting to for you to get them asking you for among other suggestions a tax document in the UK?
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

The account was approaching the EU Limitations, hence the request for Documentation
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

real info for this account?
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

All Stealth Info, including documentation
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

It could be one of two things I reckon:

1) They've re-reviewed your documents and don't like them.

2) They just wanted documentation for their file and always considered you too high risk, always with the intention of limiting you.

What were you selling? Did you add tracking numbers?
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

The documents looked fine to me, matched the account holder details, I was listing computer software - all boxed, new, sealed, nothing too expensive.

No complaints from customers, no resolutions required in eBay or paypal regarding customer's purchases, all had tracking information attached.

Its bloody annoying, I have sold on eBay and used paypal for 15 years selling computer software and had huge, 100% positive feedback, great DSR's, no issues with customers, and then paypal just decide I have in some unfathomable way breacher their Acceptable Use Policy and shut me down on the spot. No appeal possible, twenty phone calls got nowhere.
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by colfor View Post
I was listing computer software - all boxed, new, sealed, nothing too expensive.
Lets clarify....the software packages you were selling were probably the most counterfeited items on the planet. Software packages for £160 on an account with 6 feedback and not more than 3 weeks old...

False information means no one can give correct responses.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

As I stated, there was NO reference to the products, but to a failure of verification after providing documents, even though they originally restored the account on 14th.

Why else would Paypal say they would review on provision of additional documentation?

Im not here to have a go at anyone, merely drawing attention to the fact that its quite possible that Paypal are referencing ID documents and checking them somehow, something thats important, potentially, to everyone, right?

Now you can surmise what you will, but at the end of the day its purely supposition and guesswork. People are free to draw their own conclusions, and I did not "aim" my post at you, Callidus, or anyone else.
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

From what I read on another thread they've started using a third party company in the UK to verify documents submitted which means that ⊗⊗⊗⊗ docs wont pass the test.
Might be a real issue to work around in the future if this is the case.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/subscri...s-limited.html

Precisely the point, yes
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Software is in general very bad news with regards both ebay & paypal....
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Combination of issues then.

Your items being sold are a high risk at the best of times.

Been known before for paypal to review decisions and you appear to be caught.
Old 11-19-2014

Fully understand - just wanted to make sure other members had full details so appropriate responses could be given. i.e. items were claimed not high risk and not expensive.

Quote:
As I stated, there was NO reference to the products, but to a failure of verification after providing documents, even though they originally restored the account on 14th.

Why else would Paypal say they would review on provision of additional documentation?

Im not here to have a go at anyone, merely drawing attention to the fact that its quite possible that Paypal are referencing ID documents and checking them somehow, something thats important, potentially, to everyone, right?

Now you can surmise what you will, but at the end of the day its purely supposition and guesswork. People are free to draw their own conclusions, and I did not "aim" my post at you, Callidus, or anyone else.
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

My point is that I suspect Paypal HAVE used some method of verifying (or otherwise) the ID, and as stated previously, one can surmise the many reasons for account closure, whether its poor stealth tactics, IP linking, Cookies, Flash, improper use of the account, type of products sold, listing too early, and a host of other reasons.

Im not posting here because I want to criticise anyone, Im posting here to draw attention to the possibility of Paypal using some possible methods of checking submitted ID, and I believe thats what has happened, and whilst there will, undoubtedly, be other opinions, thats not the question I asked, and nor do I particularly want to debate the myriad possible reasons why paypal may close an account, and whilst Im not saying that it MIGHT be related to product or other reasons, Im simply reiterating my belief that they HAVE used some method of checking provided ID.
Old 11-19-2014

Well, all I will say and others will back me up (sellers) I submit countless amounts of these to PayPal with no issues and have limits lifted. I still do not believe they are doing this yet, I really don't. I think they have just re looked at the account.
Old 11-19-2014

Longevity: 60%

Quote:
My point is that I suspect Paypal HAVE used some method of verifying (or otherwise) the ID, and as stated previously, one can surmise the many reasons for account closure, whether its poor stealth tactics, IP linking, Cookies, Flash, improper use of the account, type of products sold, listing too early, and a host of other reasons.

Im not posting here because I want to criticise anyone, Im posting here to draw attention to the possibility of Paypal using some possible methods of checking submitted ID, and I believe thats what has happened, and whilst there will, undoubtedly, be other opinions, thats not the question I asked, and nor do I particularly want to debate the myriad possible reasons why paypal may close an account, and whilst Im not saying that it MIGHT be related to product or other reasons, Im simply reiterating my belief that they HAVE used some method of checking provided ID.
I think you are right mate, they are using some alternative method, one of my PayPal accounts got permanent limitation the other day, I ran it smoothly for around 10 months selling low risk/low value items on Ebay, other sellers had the same issue on the same date as me and we had exactly the same limitation, same message from PayPal, it is not a coincidence. It is not possible that we all made individual mistake somewhere and got identical permanent limitation exactly on the same date.
Old 11-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 66%

If numerous Paypal accounts all got limited on the same day with the same message this suggests to me:

1. Account linking through various tracking means.

2. A purge on certain accounts that may be deemed to be high risk due to account operational issues.

3. Credit Scoring/Voter Roll searches performed on the same day that came back unsatisfactory.

It is possible that Paypal had purges in mind for all 3 reasons above.

Its just that the date of execution was postponed to a date of simultaneous culling of accounts that suited Paypal. This would be fully automated.

The fact that all accounts were performing fine with no issues beforehand suggests this to me.

There could be other issues, who knows?

Personally I don't think this is about ID uploaded. They sometimes request this after they have already decided to terminate the account.

It is often a red herring to grab ID to ensure the member cannot get back on again.
The Following User Says Thank You to donkeykong2012 For This Useful Post:
JamesNorth101 (11-19-2014)
Old 11-19-2014
Threadstarter  

The other thing thats odd - Is that there appears to be a growing trend over recent weeks to use PAYPAL to limit or close accounts, rather than eBay, since this entirely locks off the eBay account, although it may still be used for buying, it cannot be used for selling.

Previously, the eBay account would just get NARU'd, but that seem rare now?
Old 11-20-2014
peghmeypong

Longevity: 0%

I think options 1 or 2 are quite likely. I'm concerned that EB/PP are tracking hardware more closely.

The 'this limitation cannot be appealed against' limitations are new to me! I got two on 15/11 and none since. I've seen an awful lot of people saying their limitation hit on 15/11! It'll be a squeaky bum Saturday for me. Can't see the axe falling on only one day of the year.
Old 11-20-2014

Longevity: 56%

I'll just add that I've had a fook load of warnings, 3 over 4 days around the same dates of those bans so maybe they're just working harder lol
Old 11-20-2014
Threadstarter  

Yeah, they seem to be working overtime for sure!