New paypal stealth account limited and appeal refused - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 11-26-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Exclamation New paypal stealth account limited and appeal refused

Hello Guys,

I hope someone can shed some light on this matter, because I am completely lost at the minute. Can't figure out why my new paypal stealth account has been limited forever.

Account was made a few weeks ago and I stated selling out some 99p screen protectors on eBay. Paypal account was fully verified and I sent in all the docs to verify account which was done 1 week ago. Now 2 days ago I get the following email;

Dear **** *****,

After reviewing your PayPal account, we’ve determined there to be excessive risk involved in doing business with you and we’d like to begin parting ways in a manner that is least disruptive to your business.

If there is any money in your account balance, it will be held for 180 days (from the date of the last payment you received) to cover any disputes that might be opened by your buyers.

After 180 days, we may ask you to provide us with a proof of identity and a proof of address before you can withdraw any remaining balance.

If there are outstanding buyer complaints open against you, you can refund your customers via the Resolution Centre in your PayPal account.

We reserve the right to close any account reported to be involved in possible high-risk behaviour. In the event of a dispute, we’ll try to recover the money from you by debiting your PayPal balance first and, if there are insufficient funds in your PayPal balance, we reserve the right to collect your debt to PayPal by any other legal means.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this matter and regret any inconvenience it may cause you.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

I HAVEN'T EVEN CONTACTED THEM AT ALL TO APPEAL, THIS EMAIL WAS SENT OUT OF THE BLUE! SO JUST CALLED THEM A FEW MINS AGO AND THE REPRESENTATIVE WAS SUCH AN ASSHOLE JUST SAID WE NO LONGER WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU. ASKED WHY THE ACCOUNT WAS LIMITED AND SAID I HAVE NOTHING TO TELL YOU, YOU CAN'T USE PAYPAL AGAIN!!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%
Default Re: New paypal stealth account limited and appeal refused

It sounds like you were linked. Did you use a different IP address? Or, it could have been the documents you sent in. If they determined the documents were not genuine, that would cause the limitation.

For a PayPal account to survive, you need:

A New IP address.
A New Windows user account, or a separate PC
A new name and address
A new credit card
A New checking account

Everything must be new, nothing from your old account can be used. Simply deleting information from your old account will not work, because information is never actually deleted, it just disappears from YOUR screen when you delete it. PayPal retains information FOREVER.

PayPal will never tell you exactly what it was that caused you to get limited. They don't want to give you free advice to help you get it right the next time.
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 76%

No it sounds like they've taken a second look at the info you sent in to lift those limits and yes they do take second looks on the odd occasion.
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Unhappy Re: New paypal stealth account limited and appeal refused

Yes, Now I think it may have been those docs because going back over my emails both emails were received on the same day! I has one in the morning to state the documents had been verified and then a few hours later the limitation email titled as Appeal refused.

The most surprising part is I never even contacted them to appeal, it was sent out of the blue. I only called them today to be told they will not tell me the reason and find another payment provider!

I do have a few more stealth accounts which have been running fine for the past few years, and must state this is my first ever stealth account to be limited. I am fully away of how account linking works and can assure everyone this is defiantly not because of any linking.

Everyones opinions will much appreciated. Many thanks
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,365 Times in 1,526 Posts
Activity: 30%
Longevity: 85%

The documents you sent in were rejected.

To explain what happened:-

1. Dipsh1t pp rep no.1 looks at the docs. Doesn't like them and escalates to different dept.
2. Dipsh1t pp rep no.2 (who is more of a dipsh1t than rep no.1) looks at the docs and passes them.
3. 'Orrible supervisor rep then looks at the docs referred from rep no.1 and rejects them.

This is more or less what happened. It's done. Move on.
Old 11-26-2015
Threadstarter  

Thank you for the advice Ebayorbust, exactly what must have happened. That's why the fuc***s on the phone were so rude!
Old 11-26-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
Thank you for the advice Ebayorbust, exactly what must have happened. That's why the fuc***s on the phone were so rude!
They are rude because they control you.

Learn the lessons from this, including what amount of funds to leave as a balance.

Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 53%

They are rude, because when they lose you as a customer, they don't to talk with you as it won't give them more money. So, you can't do anything. That is why you need to have several accounts.
Old 11-26-2015

Longevity: 62%

I know some may have a hard time with this but I gave up on wasting my time on accounts when they get limited. Ive had very little success getting limitations lifted so I usually wait the 180 days .... I know for some that's difficult.. of course I would love to hear from those that have gotten limitations lifted
Old 11-28-2015

Longevity: 58%

What I have noticed it became harder to lift limitations. more and more accounts are getting suspended. Seems like started around this summer
The Following User Says Thank You to dealmate For This Useful Post:
usaamah426 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-30-2015

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealmate View Post
What I have noticed it became harder to lift limitations. more and more accounts are getting suspended. Seems like started around this summer
Agreed, most definately.
Old 11-30-2015

Longevity: 55%

Agreed i lost 3 in july all at once and they were long standing accs thank **** ive not lost anymore since
Old 11-30-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,096 Times in 824 Posts
Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welbs View Post
Agreed i lost 3 in july all at once and they were long standing accs thank **** ive not lost anymore since

You do tend to lose a lot of accounts overall..
Old 12-03-2015

Longevity: 77%

they fill power when they are rude to you. how many customer service role can you get where you can talk how you feel, polite to some and rude to other. the one in philipine that
answer are slum dweller anyway, they probably resent your life is better than them. who wouldn't?