The dreaded ip problem - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 02-22-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default The dreaded ip problem

Hi - congratulations on a remarkable forum! It's the first time I've ever happily paid to be a member of anything without crying! :P

Sooooooooooo...the IP Problem here in UK? I've read eBay Stealth about six times in last two days but I'm still in a quandry as to what is the best method to mask my IP from eBay.

I intend to create around 5/6 new eBay seller accounts but I'm so confunsed as to how I can continually change my IP address between accounts. I work from a computer upstairs when the main router is downstairs (we have the same IP). The IP I am currently working from has been been pulled by PayPal (and subsequently eBay) because I refunded too many buyers in a period of 1 month (I refuse to send to unconfirmed addreses).

I have recently purchased a job lot of 10,000 T5 Slimming Pills. I was doing quite well selling them (making around £900-£1500 a week!)...until PayPal suspended me of course!

Now I'm biting back...lol. But I need some specific help on this IP problem. If I use a VPN then I could end up with an IP anywhere in UK and eBay will surely flag my account? I think proxy is a no-no from what I have read.

Help me if you can???

Also, I don't want to get in trouble for trying to recruit/advertise or anything but I am also willing to dropship for anyone willing to sell the slimming pills on. The more the merrier. I have 10,000 and a sale of 60 is around £25 on eBay (given the right marketing). I'll charge anyone interested £13 per 60 and even do the shipping! The more you sell the more we all make. Don't shoot me for asking...lol

Take care all...and once again great forum!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Its not that you will get in trouble for trying to sell on forum, but there is a section for it, however, admitting that you got suspended for selling it, will not be a good way of doing so.
You might find it hard to sell on ebay again, so i suggest you dont, but it depends on specific reason they took you down, is it a copyright issue, other competion reporting or not considered legit product or unsafe? If you can sort the issue out with ebay or the right owner before you start seliing it, thats your only way to do it in large quantities..
You need to get dialup prefereably with dynamic IP, it will be an IP that changes each thime you shut pc and should be in the rough area you live give or take 50 miles, so it wont pin point you at all.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-23-2009 at 12:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
mattytman (02-23-2009)
Old 02-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Thanks OOMPA - any help you give me I am more than grateful for. It appears that I wasn't banned from PayPal for anything to do with the pills/capsules.

I sold tickets as well. In order to by-pass the dreaded " we will hold the funds until the time of the event I sold the tickets via eBay expressing that I would prefer Bank Transfer. Then, as soon as the winning bidder paid via PayPal I instantly refunded them and arranged payment outside of PayPal (bank transfer or cheque).

I felt that this was the best way to avoid having problems with PayPal. I also insisted on positive feedback whch 90% of the eBayers gladly did before receiving the tickets. I have never conned anyone - nor would I ever dream of it.

The pills were creating a good source of income but as soon as the PayPal account got limited I was forced to refund buyers.

Why do you suggest that it may be difficult to sell on eBay again?

Any more help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-24-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I thought you were suspended for the pills, so advised you not to sell them again in large quantities, but if it was a tickets issue, then ignore that.