Johnson & pham, threat of legal proceedings - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Default Johnson & pham, threat of legal proceedings

Just got this email... Has anyone had any experience with dealing with this?

Please help..

Dear xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxx:

Attached you will find a demand letter and draft COMPLAINT which relate to your intentional trademark infringement of Monster Cable® products. Please read these documents thoroughly, as they specifically address a federal lawsuit that will be filed against you in Los Angeles, California, on or about April 22, 2011.

Monster Cable Products, Inc. is aggressively combating rampant piracy of its Monster Cable® line of products and services.

You are hereby put ON NOTICE and should immediately CEASE AND DESIST from the sale of COUNTERFEIT Monster Cable® products.

Please retain legal counsel and have them contact our firm as soon as possible.

Ani Sakalian, Esq.

JOHNSON & PHAM, LLP

6355 Topanga Canyon Boulevard, Suite 115

Woodland Hills, California 91367

Tel: 818.888.7540

Fax: 818.888.7544

asakalian@johnsonpham.com

Johnson and Pham

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

ATTACHED WERE THESE TWO 15 PAGE PDF FILES :

Dear Mr. ED:
This law firm has been retained by Monster Cable Products, Inc. (hereinafter “Monster Cable”), to prosecute your violation of the intellectual property rights Monster Cable holds in its Monster Cable® line of products.
Monster Cable is the exclusive rights holder for all of the Monster Cable related Trademarks registered with the United States Trademark and Patent Office, including, but not limited to: Monster Cable®, Reg. No.: 1340229; Monster Cable®, Reg. No.: 1342164; M1000®, Reg. No.: 1513402; MSeries®, Reg. No.: 1623331; M (Logo), Reg. No.: 2799884; Monster®, Reg. No.: 2184002; M Monster®, Reg. No.: 3671565; M (Logo), Reg. No.: 3807024; Monster (Logo), Reg. No.: 2724015; Monster (Stylized), Reg. No.: 2774858; and Graphic Marks with Reg. Numbers.: 3568463, 3568464, 3562252, 3562253, 3562255, 3562256, 3562257, 3562258; 3641404 and 3641405.

As you may already know, or will soon learn, this law firm zealously enforces its clients’ rights against those who infringe upon, copy, counterfeit, or pirate their products and services. During the course of this law firm’s investigation into violations of Monster Cable’s intellectual property rights, we have confirmed your illegal dealings in counterfeit Monster Cable® products which infringe the intellectual property rights of Monster Cable. On February 3, 2011, our investigator purchased a counterfeit Monster Beats by Dre – Tour Headphones from you through your eBay.com listing, posted under the seller identity “XXXXXXXXX,” for the price of $55.70. This purchased product was verified by our client to be a counterfeit item. DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER. Enclosed, please find a draft COMPLAINT, to be filed in the United States District Court, Central District of California, located in Los Angeles, California, should you fail to comply with the demands set forth herein. This COMPLAINT, if filed, will seek substantial monetary compensation from you based upon your violation of the following statutes, and the common law:

(1) FEDERAL TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT [15 U.S.C. § 1114/Lanham Act § 43(a)];
(2) FALSE DESIGNATION OF ORIGIN/UNFAIR COMPETITION/FALSE OR MISLEADING ADVERTISING [15 U.S.C. §1125(a)];
(3) TRADEMARK DILUTION [15 U.S.C. §1125(c)]; and
(4) UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES [CA BUSINESS & PROFESSIONS CODE §17200].
This law firm is highly successful in obtaining judgments against infringers similarly situated to you. In addition to Monster Cable, we represent Deckers Outdoor Corporation (UGG®), Forever 21, Inc. (Forever 21®), Beachbody, LLC (P90X®), Guru Denim, Inc. (True Religion Brand Jeans®), Your Baby Can, LLC (Your Baby Can Read!®), CJ Products, LLC (My Pillow Pets®), Tre Milano, LLC (InStyler®), Antik Denim, LLC (Antik Denim®), and SIWY Denim, Inc. (SIWY®).

On behalf of these clients, we have filed in excess of 160 lawsuits seeking damages from those who have infringed upon these companies intellectual property rights through the trafficking of counterfeit products. Courts have routinely granted our clients substantial judgment awards, including more than 7 final judgments exceeding One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00), in addition to a singular judgment of Two Million One Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($2,150,000.00) against an infringer operating out of New York. A news article describing the circumstances of this judgment is enclosed herewith.

With respect to Monster Cable, this law firm has filed a total of 12 lawsuits, to date, in United States District Court, Central District of California. For your review, a printed list of these lawsuits has been enclosed with this letter. Monster Cable has authorized this law firm to negotiate a settlement of its claims against you. However, if such settlement negotiations fail, we have been authorized to proceed with the lawsuit, and seek all remedies to which Monster Cable is entitled. In order to resolve this matter without proceeding with litigation, Monster Cable demands the following:

1) You must provide a full and complete statement of your actions regarding any products or services that utilize or include any of Monster Cable’s intellectual property. In addition to the below, this statement must provide all information regarding your copying, manufacturing, importing, marketing, sale and/or other distribution of any product or service that utilized or included any intellectual property owned by Monster Cable.

2) You must provide a full and complete accounting of how you acquired the counterfeit and infringing Monster Cable products, and any other counterfeit merchandise utilizing the intellectual property of Monster Cable. This accounting must set forth the number of Monster Cable products you acquired; the name, address, and contact information of the person or entity from which you acquired the illegal goods; and the price you paid. You must present detailed documents and records that verify your representations and the documents may not be altered or redacted in any way.

3) You must provide a full and complete accounting of your prior disposition of any and all of the counterfeit and infringing Monster Cable products, and any other merchandise utilizing the intellectual property of Monster Cable. This accounting must set forth the number of Monster Cable products you sold; the name, address, and contact information of the person or entity to which you distributed the illegal goods; and the amount and manner in which you were paid. You must present detailed documents and records that verify these representations and the documents may not be altered or redacted in any way.

4) You must agree, in a format and manner that we determine, to warrant and represent that you will not, at any point in the future, engage in any transactions with merchandise that bears or purports to bear, or includes or purports to include, any of the intellectual property or marks owned by Monster Cable.

5) You must transport to this firm all counterfeit and/or unauthorized Monster Cable products that you possess, and to the extent you possess any digital copies of same, represent and warrant that such copies have been sufficiently and permanently destroyed.

6) You must pay, by certified check made payable to Monster Cable an amount no less than Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00) to compensate the company for its costs (investigative and legal), as well as the damages sustained by the company as a result of your willful infringement of its intellectual property rights.

This Demand and Offer of Settlement and Compromise will expire ten (10) days from the date of this letter. You are strongly urged to consult an attorney to determine your legal obligations and provide guidance. In the event a lawsuit is filed against you, and you fail to respond as required by the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, we will seek a default judgment against you based upon your infringing conduct. Then, having obtained a default judgment, we will be entitled to and will vigorously pursue, by all available means of enforcement, compensation from you far exceeding that which is demanded herein. This will include the placement of a lien on your personal and real property, the garnishment of your wages or personal income, attachments to your bank accounts and the seizure of your assets.
The settlement demand listed above is based on our current evaluation of the case. Please be advised that, with each passing hour, the investigative and legal fees associated with this case increase. Thus, the amount of damages sought in the impending lawsuit will increase as well. Accordingly, please consult legal counsel as soon as possible, provide them with a copy of this correspondence and the accompanying COMPLAINT, and ask that they contact this firm without delay.

WTH AM I GOING TO DO??!?!?!?!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-13-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
You must pay, by certified check made payable to Monster Cable an amount no less than Twenty-Five Thousand Dollars ($25,000.00) to compensate the company for its costs (investigative and legal), as well as the damages sustained by the company as a result of your willful infringement of its intellectual property rights.

Is this for selling Monster Beat Headphones? I see a lot of them get counterfeited.

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-13-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

OP said he got an EMAIL.

Rest of your post was completely OFF THE TOPIC so I culled it.
Old 04-13-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

I sell counter fitted these headphones, but with stealths. I reccomend you get a lawyer? I doubt any of us could help.
Old 04-13-2011

VeRO - eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums

Read through the VERO section on here to get all the information about this letter and about selling VERO items.

Old 04-13-2011

just read a post for a year or so back that said they got a fedex letter from the same people and it ened up being a scam you might want to check that out it was in the Vero section.
Old 04-13-2011

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/23...nson-pham.html

not sure if this is how i put a link but here is the post hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to nak For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (04-13-2011)
Old 04-13-2011

Quote:
just read a post for a year or so back that said they got a fedex letter from the same people and it ened up being a scam you might want to check that out it was in the Vero section.
Yeah I was going to mention it to calm him

GreenBean mentioned the same post to me, seems that the company have been targeting ⊗⊗⊗⊗ merchandise sellers on eBay.

Phew! Good news for the OP!

:

hope this letter stops you doing what your doing!

time to get a real buzz and a great feeling from selling legitimately!

it is a lot more rewarding!

Last edited by ShadyOne; 04-13-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums. Searching the forums for this topic helps - lot of topics have been posted on this subject.

While I won't comment on your business since that is not the focus of this forum, is this address to you personally and your real address? First step I would recommend is stop selling and don't respond.

After that, any further actions from the company would have to be re-evaluated. All the best.
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

I stopped selling them and all completely after they were removddd by Vero in march. Yes the letter did have my full address and correct info. Has anyone here actually received this letter or email?
Old 04-13-2011

Longevity: 86%

I don't think anybody on this site sell's P90's.
Old 04-13-2011

Longevity: 76%

I got the exact same letter. I listened to everyone here and ignored it. got the Letter in Jaunary. They tried to send it certified mail and i refused to pick it up. Nothing has happened so Far. Do not contact or call a lawyer and STOP selling them
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You should not ignore this. They have PROOF that you were selling these, which means they might win in court.

It is true that J&P sends a lot of emails and letters and sues relatively few people. But in most cases, they did not have one of their agents purchase a set. In this case, they did.

You have not been sued yet. You have to be served with the summons and complaint to actually be sued. But I believe that J&P is serious in this case.

If you want to wait, that is up to you, but if you are served, then you need PROFESSIONAL legal advice. And that can only come from a licensed attorney.

The good news is:

1) No private company can put you in jail. Only the government can do that.

2) An attorney is likely to be able to settle this for much less than $25,000.

Most (but not all) attorneys will speak to you for free, to get the basics of your case. They will then tell you what your options are and how much each course of action will cost. I would urge you to speak with an attorney now, rather than being in a time crunch to do so if/when they file suit.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY AND THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. IF YOU NEED LEGAL ADVICE, PLEASE SEEK THE SERVICES OF A LICENSED ATTORNEY.
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Search the boards would have shown other similar informative posts by jeffweico is all I am saying.
Old 04-13-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Search the boards would have shown other similar informative posts by jeffweico is all I am saying.

I did read through all the posts about this and similar cases and all were advised to ignore and deny..

Im not sure what came of them, the post abruptly ends and theres no way to see what happened with it.

Ive come to the decision to at least look into getting a lawyer. Hope I can find one soon and get some legal advise.

I ask the moderator to leave the posts open, I would still like more input from others if they have any experience or have looked into this in more detail than I have been able to in my sleepless research.

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to charger23us For This Useful Post:
ronald43 (06-12-2011)
Old 04-13-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

For starters we dont do LEGAL ADVICE.

What is on the forum is more than enough for a reasonable conclusion.

I understand your concerns.

In the USA there are certain requirements for legal service of advising a defendent of attending court.
Read this, read this CAREFULLY.
Email is not accepted.
Closed Thread