Question about buying traffic - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Question about buying traffic

Years ago, I spent $40 to buy 10,000 website "visitors" to a site I owned. They all came in the space of an hour and my server almost crashed. I didn't make a single sale. To be fair, the person I bought it from told me that sales are typically few and far between, that it was more of a method to add to my stats than anything else.

I am currently trying to get some traffic to a few smallish sites that I own, mainly for that reason. But these sites all have AdSense on them and I don't want to do anything to lose my AdSense account.

They CLAIM their traffic is human, not crawlers or bots and that any clicks on AdSense would be seen as legitimate by Google. I asked if they could give me traffic where whoever was clicking would agree NOT to clock on any of those links on my site, but they said it was not possible because they cannot control what people do.

So, I am confused. Does anyone have any insight into how this all works and where they get the traffic FROM? I don't need specifics, but would like to get a general idea.

Has anyone had any problems with Google AdSense when they did this?

Good idea or bad idea? All opinions pro or con are welcome.

Any idea what I should be paying for 100-200 hits per day?

And advice, tidbits of information, opinions, etc. are welcome and appreciated. When it comes to the website marketing world, I am not NEARLY as knowledgeable as I am about online sales via eBay and Amazon. What I have done with my main site so far mostly involves sending my eBay and Amazon customers there. This question is not related to my main site, but I'd like to avoid any major mistakes.

THANKS!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Oh, yeah, if anyone has any tips on COST EFFECTIVE SEO, that is appreciated as well. I'm not looking to spend $150,000 to try to create "brand awareness" - that was what they told you back in the day after you spent a fortune on internet ads and ended up with no sales and nothing to show for your investment. I am not Nike, I don't NEED "brand awareness".
Old 09-04-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
So, I am confused. Does anyone have any insight into how this all works and where they get the traffic FROM? I don't need specifics, but would like to get a general idea.
It can be bots, it can be toolbar plugins that loads the page in the background (people almost never see your website), it can be a number of things. This traffic as your guy mentioned is really about status and inflating your numbers.. it's not for sales or leads in anyway. I wouldn't waste money with it.

It depends what you want with this traffic... whether to people to purchase your products or click on your ads..

Really, if you have products on your website AND you have adsense you are shooting yourself in the foot. I would never place AdSense on a website where I'm selling my own products.

If you want targeted traffic for your website to increase your sales.. AdWords is what you want initially.. that or better optimize your website to rank higher in the search engines.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, if anyone has any tips on COST EFFECTIVE SEO, that is appreciated as well. I'm not looking to spend $150,000 to try to create "brand awareness" - that was what they told you back in the day after you spent a fortune on internet ads and ended up with no sales and nothing to show for your investment. I am not Nike, I don't NEED "brand awareness".
What you want with SEO and any advertising is to target your product buying keywords.. keywords that a person types in Google to locate and purchase your products. If you rank higher for these keywords you can bring in targeted buyers who naturally want your products. It's not about brand awareness.. that's what you get with social marketing. If you want to make sales it's about focusing on the right buying keywords.
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

There is nothing for sale on these sites. My main site has my books and some other stuff and there is no advertising there.

Given your description of the toolbars, I'm guessing these thing exist to rip-off AdWords advertisers? That is something I am not interested in.
Old 09-04-2014
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

No-no, the toolbars serve the people who sell 10k clicks in an hour, they don't click on AdSense ads or mess with AdWords. It's mostly there to inflate your traffic stats if you were wanting to for example sell your website and show that you have more traffic then you say you do.. it's worthless traffic.

Anyway, AdWords is fine. I use it everyday.
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Just like Aspkin said...those thousands of f@ke clicks are the same stuff you see for people selling followers/likes/visits for FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's all f@ke to simply make you look popular.
Old 09-04-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Just like Aspkin said...those thousands of f@ke clicks are the same stuff you see for people selling followers/likes/visits for FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's all f@ke to simply make you look popular.
tricks a la BHW

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-05-2014)
Old 10-27-2014

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Years ago, I spent $40 to buy 10,000 website "visitors" to a site I owned. They all came in the space of an hour and my server almost crashed. I didn't make a single sale. To be fair, the person I bought it from told me that sales are typically few and far between, that it was more of a method to add to my stats than anything else.

I am currently trying to get some traffic to a few smallish sites that I own, mainly for that reason. But these sites all have AdSense on them and I don't want to do anything to lose my AdSense account.

They CLAIM their traffic is human, not crawlers or bots and that any clicks on AdSense would be seen as legitimate by Google. I asked if they could give me traffic where whoever was clicking would agree NOT to clock on any of those links on my site, but they said it was not possible because they cannot control what people do.

Has anyone had any problems with Google AdSense when they did this?

Good idea or bad idea? All opinions pro or con are welcome.

Any idea what I should be paying for 100-200 hits per day?

And advice, tidbits of information, opinions, etc. are welcome and appreciated. When it comes to the website marketing world, I am not NEARLY as knowledgeable as I am about online sales via eBay and Amazon. What I have done with my main site so far mostly involves sending my eBay and Amazon customers there. This question is not related to my main site, but I'd like to avoid any major mistakes.

THANKS!!
No programs or provider can help you raise your real traffic now, it's also not good for your website. Don't waste your money to buying traffic, let's build it by handwork, such as raising your content, sharing on social network, using adword..
Old 10-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 55%

When you buy traffic you are not buying real visitors. You are buying a robot that hits your site. Since the vistors are not realy you will not make any sales, they will not click on ads or other pages. This does nothing but hurt your google rankings. Plus, all the visitors will most likley be coming from another country like China. There is no way that 10,000 visits are not from a bot.

Have have websites that sell products and are ranked the top of google search.
Approx 60% of my sales are generated via search and 40% from creating facebook pages marketing to the demographic who would most likley purchase my products.

PM me if you want more advice on how to get real visitors and sales. Don't pay for traffic unless its adwords or facebook advertising ( hardley ever yields good results unless your products are great)
Old 10-30-2014

I think the best way to have real traffic in short time is buying adword, or if have a long process, build website follow google guidelines
Old 10-30-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjame View Post
I think the best way to have real traffic in short time is buying adword, or if have a long process, build website follow google guidelines
Have you done this Mrjame?
Old 11-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Have you done this Mrjame?
I do affiliate for a long time with several websites, and I try many way as bought traffics, backlink, press release, adword, etc.. for make website's ranking high on GG. Buy gg adword is the most effective if you have short plan