Within 3 days: MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension WHAT HAPPENED?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Suspensions

eBay Suspensions General issues related to eBay Suspensions. Mostly geared towards eBay.com.

Old 08-20-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 85%
Thumbs down Within 3 days: MC169 NOTICE: eBay Registration Suspension WHAT HAPPENED?!

Okay, so I got my third account suspension this week and I can only make a few assumptions about this one...

I made a new name and identity, new e-mail address, new valid phone number (with vumber), new paypal "verified" with a VCC, changed my IP address, deleted cookies from previous accounts, made flash cookie files "read only".

Now, this is where the problem may have come in: I bought ~17 $.99 items the first day to get my feedback up to sell fixed price listings. After that was accomplished (the 2nd day or so) I listed 6 fixed price items @ $5.99 each. About 6 hours later I listed 6 more at the same price. Then 24 hours later I listed another 6 @ $4.99 each. The item listings and title were exactly identical to those that I used with my banned eBay account. Could this be the reason for my suspension? Or is it that I just listed items too fast?

Another possible reason is that I opened an e-mail from one of my linked but not suspended accounts (albeit with images turned off). Could this be the reason?

Any help would be appreciated!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2009

First of all you listed too fast so that most defiantly raised a red flag. Also purchasing 17 items for .99 most defiantly raised a flag, (feedback manipulation) Then upon looking into your account, eBay probably linked you because of the identical listings.

Why would you use the same exact listings as you did on the previous accounts anyway?

You have to change EVERYTHING or you'll get caught!!

As far as the emails just don't take the chance opening them. Open them on a separate user account so there is no chance of them linking you with cookies.
Old 08-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy View Post
First of all you listed too fast so that most defiantly raised a red flag. Also purchasing 17 items for .99 most defiantly raised a flag, (feedback manipulation) Then upon looking into your account, eBay probably linked you because of the identical listings.

Why would you use the same exact listings as you did on the previous accounts anyway?

You have to change EVERYTHING or you'll get caught!!

As far as the emails just don't take the chance opening them. Open them on a separate user account so there is no chance of them linking you with cookies.

To build feedback, what do you suggest? Can I buy 1 $.99 listing / day?

I use the same listings because I'm selling the same items and I didn't think they tracked listing similarity. How much is too much for the same item? I mean I have to include SOME of the same information- can I use the same pictures / item title / price or should I change those too?
Old 08-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Ah another thing- I forward my e-mail to an e-mail address associated with a banned account- I can read the e-mail with this account, right?
Old 08-20-2009

They say a couple cheap items a day is ok.

About the email accounts I would say as long as you aren't opening email from more than one suspended account you should be ok.

If you open an email from one suspended account then open an email from another suspended account both on the same windows user accounts you could get linked by cookies.

The safest way to manage your accounts is to create separate windows user accounts on your pc for each and every account you have.

Have one user account just for checking the emails on your suspended account and have additional user accounts for each and every ebay and paypal account you have.
The Following User Says Thank You to webguy For This Useful Post:
Milkandrelish (08-20-2009)
Old 08-20-2009
Threadstarter  

Thanks!

Any advice on how much of a listing used on a banned account I can use on my stealth account?
Old 08-20-2009
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Your item listing and title is the same as the previous banned acc.

That's why. Read the Stealth Book.
Old 08-20-2009

What I do is just make a completely different ad. Make the whole layout and style look different and work everything just a little differently.

It is alot of work but you don't want to take any chances.

Basically just don't copy and paste anything.

I make a good template and then save it.
Old 08-21-2009

I just had the same thing happen to me last night. Spent the last month getting my feedback and dsr up enough so there was no hold and then they nailed me. I just started listing items a couple days ago but I think I just did to many to fast.

The weird thing is they sent me like 70 emails saying my account was suspended.
Old 08-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ouch. You must make sure that you are a really different new person. You can not use ANYTHING associated with a banned account. Avoid using the old email. Nothing should link you. The same images make another link if ebay 'checks' your account. The account got checked because of the items you purchased: the dreaded feedback manipulation.
With this info, try again.... a new you that's what you must be
Old 08-24-2009

Longevity: 94%

take it slow man, selling and buying. have a beer and take it slow. ( not too many beers though that you become sloppy !)
Old 08-27-2009

Longevity: 96%

Yeah, set up a couple accounts and stagger them giving them each time to age.
By a few cheap things, then let it sit. Do the same for another acount and then maybe a third. Then go back to the first account and start rotating all over again.
Instead of having to set up three accounts in three weeks you will ahve 3 accounts all with modest feedback after three weeks